Ben Chiarot butt-end on Corey Perry's chin [Mod: Chiarot fined]

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Not sure how it was only two minutes roughing. All the refs could somehow not see the blood on Perry's chin. Throw the book at him, he did it on purpose.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Not sure how it was only two minutes roughing. All the refs could somehow not see the blood on Perry's chin. Throw the book at him, he did it on purpose.
Sheifele got a penalty. Chairot didn't get a penalty for that.

Reactions: Jets88

Nolan Giesbrecht

Jun 14, 2016
I mean, Chariot did butt end him and should be punished.

However, Peru started to punch him and Chariot react by doing the same thing, except he was still holding his stick.

The punch was intentional, the butt end wasn't. Probably should still be punished.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's about as dirty as it gets. Better get a nice long look.

I mean, Chariot did butt end him and should be punished.

However, Peru started to punch him and Chariot react by doing the same thing, except he was still holding his stick.

The punch was intentional, the butt end wasn't. Probably should still be punished.

Wat.

Reactions: Getz2perry

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
That's about as dirty as it gets. Better get a nice long look.

Wat.
it was a reaction to perry coming at him both tried to push and hands got up.. except chiarot was holding his stick.. man perry whines alot when hes on the wrong end of something. if it was intentional give ben 10 games super dirty if he meant it

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
it was a reaction to perry coming at him both tried to push and hands got up.. except chiarot was holding his stick.. man perry whines alot when hes on the wrong end of something. if it was intentional give ben 10 games super dirty if he meant it

I don't know if you play or not, but if your go-to reaction in a scrum is to turn your glove over and expose your butt-end, I bet you've been getting your share of discipline, too. Don't know how you can write that off as accidental.

Reactions: Getz2perry

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

Your reaction to someone butt ending someone in the face is he whines a lot? He took twenty stitches but it was his fault somehow? He didn't accidentally butt end him. They were mixing things up, come in and give him a face wash. Butt ending someone is dirty as hell and there is no excuse for it.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Your reaction to someone butt ending someone in the face is he whines a lot? He took twenty stitches but it was his fault somehow? He didn't accidentally butt end him. They were mixing things up, come in and give him a face wash. Butt ending someone is dirty as hell and there is no excuse for it.
yes that is my reaction.. that and also if it was intentional he shld get 10 games. did you miss that part perrys mom?

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I don't know if you play or not, but if your go-to reaction in a scrum is to turn your glove over and expose your butt-end, I bet you've been getting your share of discipline, too. Don't know how you can write that off as accidental.
just giving benefit of doubt like perry got when he slashed perraults hand.. but like i said if it was intentional he shld be suspended. and yes i have played and pretty competitive level things like this happen in heat of moment doesnt mean its always intentional

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
Chiarot should get some supplemental discipline, always be in control of your stick and whatnot, but I don't see it as a true butt end. He didn't really swing it or jab it into Perry's face, his hands just came up and the stick with them. Careless and suspendable for sure but not "throw the book at him" reckless and intentional.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Prior to the butt-end, Perry's cross-check from behind on Chiarot was absolutely pointless. The play was stopped and they were nowhere near the puck. Chiarot recovers, looks at Perry, who is about to give him another shot to the face. Might have been instinct, might have been a shot based on reputation. I agree it should be looked at, but somehow doubt it will be.
I don't agree with butt-ending at all, but if I did, this would be the case.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Take that frown and put it upside down
VbxNlle
VbxNlle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad