Ben Chiarot butt-end on Corey Perry's chin [Mod: Chiarot fined]

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fair point

The next time someone gets cross checked they should be allowed to butt end someone in the face and give them 30 stiches

Kadri got cross checked twice I the Florida game in front of the net before he took his penalty, I guess that means he should be allowed to stab the guy in retaliation? or is that unacceptable because people don't like him?

I don't like Perry but the justification of butt ending a player because hes "unlikable" is completely disgusting

Thank you.

I cannot fathom the normalization of this behavior.

People go into scrums all the time with a reasonable expectation of glove punches, face washes, cross checks. In extreme cases, maybe elbows, high sticks, fights. Butt ends, spears, kicks, etc. are all abnormal. That shouldn't be so controversial whether you like the player or not. I can't believe I'm seeing so many people okay with blunt force trauma to the jaw "because he had it coming."

Reactions: la patineuse

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Thank you.

I cannot fathom the normalization of this behavior.

People go into scrums all the time with a reasonable expectation of glove punches, face washes, cross checks. In extreme cases, maybe elbows, high sticks, fights. Butt ends, spears, kicks, etc. are all abnormal. That shouldn't be so controversial whether you like the player or not. I can't believe I'm seeing so many people okay with blunt force trauma to the jaw "because he had it coming."
How many people have to say that we don't condone his actions but like the fact it happened to a douchebag!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
How many people have to say that we don't condone his actions but like the fact it happened to a *****ebag!

That's called 'justification.' I shouldn't have to explain that, but it's happened repeatedly.

"This is okay because it happened to player x" is horseshit reasoning that a large swath of Jets fans and others are latching onto and it's disappointing.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
That's called 'justification.' I shouldn't have to explain that, but it's happened repeatedly.

"This is okay because it happened to player x" is horse**** reasoning that a large swath of Jets fans and others are latching onto and it's disappointing.
Please READ! It's not okay what he did! Its still funny that it happened to Perry!

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Chariot was fined $ 3700 and will likely miss pay and games. Not to worry, I'm he will be sent money to other NHLers, for his actions. Perry has played deliberately dangerously recklessly for years, with intent to injury. I can't see Perry getting any sympathy from players in the NHL.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's not that butt ending a guy in the jaw is ok. It's just hard to muster sympathy when Perry is on the receiving end considering all the crap he's pulled over the years.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Perrys smart hell go for someone more important and smaller.

Hes a spot picker dontcha know

So Perry running around getting revenge on a smaller more valuable player is now him being smart??? It's no wonder he gets the hate he gets.

Stinking rat will never change until someone knocks him out like Kane did to Cooke.

If he's any kind of man, he'll challenge Chariot to an actual fight to even the score much like Wheeler did to Malkin last season after Malkin's cheap shot. Chariot will oblige.

But we all know Katie's too cowardly for that. He'll just do a fly by with a swing of his stick on someone unsuspecting.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So Perry running around getting revenge on a smaller more valuable player is now him being smart??? It's no wonder he gets the hate he gets.

Stinking rat will never change until someone knocks him out like Kane did to Cooke.

If he's any kind of man, he'll challenge Chariot to an actual fight to even the score much like Wheeler did to Malkin last season after Malkin's cheap shot. Chariot will oblige.

But we all know Katie's too cowardly for that. He'll just do a fly by with a swing of his stick on someone unsuspecting.
You know that post was more meant as a joke @ people calling perry a rat... he fights basically anyone.

Pretty sure perry was down to fight but then the refs jumped in and he took a butt end to the face. I wont be surprised if he fights him next game.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
You know that post was more meant as a joke @ people calling perry a rat... he fights basically anyone.

Pretty sure perry was down to fight but then the refs jumped in and he took a butt end to the face. I wont be surprised if he fights him next game.

Id be surprised. Perry doesnt fight. Hes a bitch.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Kind of surprised there was no topic on this already.

How many games you figure he gets?

Mod edit:

Does Frank Seravalli work for Anahiem?

Corey Perry is an awesome hockey player. Like it when he plays for Canada don't like it when he is on the opposing team.

I would have been ok for a suspension on this.

Reactions: Evil Little

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
It should have been 5 games minimum. Very dirty.
I have no idea how this wasn't an easy decision to be multiple games. Perry being a rat should have nothing to do with the decision, fans can lol at Perry getting some of his own but that shouldn't be factor in the NHLs decision. If that was a Gudas or some other goony pest on McDavid or Mathews it wouldn't be just a fine. The league shoots itself in the foot again.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Well done,Ben Chiarot.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad