Eklund Rumor: Ben Bishop to Philadelphia Flyers

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I doubt it happens but the Flyers with Vezina quality goaltending is a scary thought. The have some great offensive cornerstones and Bishop could help cover any defensive woes.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Eklund looking at the possibility of Bishop being traded to Philly :

Outcome #1 : he gets traded to Philly

Outcome #2 : he does not get traded to Philly

Ergo, 50% chance he gets traded to Philly

I'm joking btw

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
In all seriousness I don't want Bishop's contract.

This team is not just a goaltender away from contention and it's not as if we're hurting for high quality prospects. I'd be incredibly surprised if we can't find a good starter within the next few years among Stolarz, Hart, Sandstrom, Lyon, etc. For now, Mason should do fine.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I heard Tampa sent people to Philly a few days ago and Philly has reps going to Tampa this week. I am an insider.

Of course I am joking....we played Tampa Saturday in Philly and play in Tampa in 2 days.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I get this is an Eklund rumor, so commenting strictly on the concept.

I'd be down, assuming we didn't have to give up too much and Mason had the opportunity to go the other way.

Bishop is a UFA so I would hate to pay anything close to full value

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If we take back Mason it's exactly like the Dallas situation where they wanted Yzerman to take back a goalie and he refused.

What is Philly offering?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Normally I would write this off, but Eklund does have (or at least he used to have) at least one Philly connection...

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
In all seriousness I don't want Bishop's contract.

This team is not just a goaltender away from contention and it's not as if we're hurting for high quality prospects. I'd be incredibly surprised if we can't find a good starter within the next few years among Stolarz, Hart, Sandstrom, Lyon, etc. For now, Mason should do fine.

If you have a chance to get a sure thing goaltender in any stage, you do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad