Movies: Ben Affleck is officially back as the Caped Crusader

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Hollywood's principal character flaw in action: lack of imagination.

Nah, it is not about lack of imagination (well, maybe a little)... it is about greed and what they perceive as easy marketing. Go with safe well-established brands and make a quick buck.

That's flawed thinking and that's their biggest failures. In the 80s, Hollywood was creating many franchises out of thin air, they still could do it. But nope, today, it is all about nostalgia. Costs less you marketing wise... because it markets itself... or so they think.

So, yeah, if there is a lack of imagination it is not the writers' fault, it is the executives fault. They take the easy way it. Does not matter if the product sucks, the brand will sell and then, they will tarnish another brand and make a profit anyway.

/rant

Reactions: Osprey

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The Flash movie that's been in production for years and has had multiple writers and/or directors attached to it?

Maybe. Couldn't care less about that. Was only worried that they were going to rip the rug out of Robert Pattinson's Batman before it even got off the ground. Looks like this'll just be a small cameo though.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I don't care who's starring I'm just glad they finally got around to making a movie about Batman. Next subject to be tackled: WW II.

My Best-Carey

Reactions: discostu

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It was so obvious and short-sighted.

Basically they got greedy and decided to play catch up right away.
And now a lot of those execs aren't there...

So while people whine and cry in this thread about this, there was some good that came out of it.

Also the Flash movie, it's creating its own multi-verse, it's still not trying to be MCU, but people here can't type that fast enough. DC has mentioned, they don't want to do shared universes for a while unless they introduce a character through it and make that work (Black Adam, Shazam, etc).

As a fan of both, I find most of the whining comes from the side that says they're fans of both, but clearly are more MCU fans. Apparently you can't enjoy both and them being different, at all.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
And now a lot of those execs aren't there...

So while people whine and cry in this thread about this, there was some good that came out of it.

Also the Flash movie, it's creating its own multi-verse, it's still not trying to be MCU, but people here can't type that fast enough. DC has mentioned, they don't want to do shared universes for a while unless they introduce a character through it and make that work (Black Adam, Shazam, etc).

As a fan of both, I find most of the whining comes from the side that says they're fans of both, but clearly are more MCU fans. Apparently you can't enjoy both and them being different, at all.

While I don't necessarily blame them for not wanting to copy and paste the shared universe idea from Marvel, I can't help but think they are confusing fans by having some standalone hero movies part of the shared universe and others being in their own universes.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00