B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Anyone watching the game? I noticed that the Marlies got a full two minute 5 on 3 powerplay and they scored 2 goals to take the lead. Apparently there was a high stick and a holding call in the same sequence. Legit or soft, just curious?

Not watching this one but watched the one last week and it was one of the most one-sided reffing I have ever seen so don’t be surprised...

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Not watching this one but watched the one last week and it was one of the most one-sided reffing I have ever seen so don’t be surprised...

Marlies have to go undefeated for the AHl to have any hope of a TV deal...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
200.gif

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
man gustavsson seems disappointing so far

Daccord is like 2 years older the Gus so it would make sense that he'd be further along in his development. Gus is only 2 years removed from putting up nice numbers in the SHL, he's got the pedigree of a starter, just need to be patient with him and give him a leash to work out the kinks

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
man gustavsson seems disappointing so far

As it stands we have 3 goalies that can get us wins in the NHL and maybe 4 including Daccord soon. If Gustavsson pans out it will be very easy to move the oldest two goalies and still have good goaltending depth. It takes long for goalies to develop so patience is definitely key.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Belleville is going to keep losing games with their AHL players? So they should have NHL players in Belleville? They’ve got no starting D on a PTO, either
I think the point was add a D that can play in the NHL like they did last year. Allow D currently in Ottawa to go back to Belleville. That's how I took it anyway. Not sure of the technicalities of who might be on a PTO... I think that point is irrelevant anyway

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I'm not sure there is an immediate need for another AHL defenseman. Jaros and Percy are close to returning for Belleville which will help quite a bit.

Then as DeMelo, Zaitsev and Hainsey get healthy more guys will filter back down.

Reactions: aragorn

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t know ... add a contract that blocks a trade for a 10 day need ? The Sens are Getting too many points as it is ... they could play Boedker on D for a few games for all I care and send Lajoie back down.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCK

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I think the point was add a D that can play in the NHL like they did last year. Allow D currently in Ottawa to go back to Belleville. That's how I took it anyway. Not sure of the technicalities of who might be on a PTO... I think that point is irrelevant anyway
We've been kind of unlucky with injuries too. Wolanin + DeMelo + Zaitsev + Jaros is a lot to overcome (sure, trading Ebert didn't help either). We have to be patient, and once at least two of them are back (assuming we have no new injuries) things should improve at both the NHL and AHL level.

edit: Ouroboros beat me to the punch.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Belleville is going to keep losing games with their AHL players? So they should have NHL players in Belleville? They’ve got no starting D on a PTO, either

This guy "Tyler Ray" looks he has no idea what he's saying half of the time... I have been scratching my head several times over his posts... Didn't Belleville win 14 of their last 18 games by the way?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
This guy "Tyler Ray" looks he has no idea what he's saying half of the time... I have been scratching my head several times over his posts... Didn't Belleville win 14 of their last 18 games by the way?
IIRC there was a DefenseMinister posting here a long time ago (there was a MinisterOfOffense too, interestingly enough); not sure if he's still hanging around under a different name.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
IIRC there was a DefenseMinister posting here a long time ago (there was a MinisterOfOffense too, interestingly enough); not sure if he's still hanging around under a different name.

That'd be weird because I liked DefenseMinister, found him very good. MinisterOfOffense was the best for me.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I know everyone likes to blame our D and point to our forwards great production but the forwards on Belleville are so incredibly frustrating to watch. like they would be so much more effective if they didn't spend like 75% of the time hot dogging and saucer passing. when we went up 3-1 we were in complete control of the game and then all of a sudden every forward started playing like Alex Semin.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
A guy we don't talk much about, but has had several very good games in the NHL in net is Hogberg. IMO he has shown enough to make Anderson available for trade & become a backup to Nilsson next season. However, given the uncertainties in net for the long term Ottawa should really consider targeting an elite goaltender like Askorov in the 2020 draft.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Still not sold on getting Askarov (only because he will go so high) but I agree that Hogberg is showing early signs of being able to transition to NHL backup next season which is great.

He was the forgotten man after we acquired Gus even though he was putting up good numbers so happy to see him carry it on.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Still not sold on getting Askarov (only because he will go so high) but I agree that Hogberg is showing early signs of being able to transition to NHL backup next season which is great.

He was the forgotten man after we acquired Gus even though he was putting up good numbers so happy to see him carry it on.
Really, even after all his success to date & given how high in this coming draft he is ranked? Are you aware he has been playing in the KHL, Russia's professional men's league since he was 17 yrs old against guys who have played in the NHL & some who soon will? What else does he have to do to prove he already is an elite goaltender for his age when all signs point to him being an elite goaltender in the NHL someday soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad