B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
A guy we don't talk much about, but has had several very good games in the NHL in net is Hogberg. IMO he has shown enough to make Anderson available for trade & become a backup to Nilsson next season. However, given the uncertainties in net for the long term Ottawa should really consider targeting an elite goaltender like Askorov in the 2020 draft.

Who's Askorov? :innocent:

I think Anderson is already "available" but IMO they will let a long time soldier (and best Ottawas goalie ever?) finish the season (and his career?) here in Ottawa instead of getting another 5th round pick...

Also, I haven't watched all Hogberg minutes but it seems more like he has been shelled so far. But I'd be ok with a Nilsson/Hogberg tandem next year but really don't think that's a duo we will want when ready to compete sooner than later.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Who's Askorov? :innocent:

I think Anderson is already "available" but IMO they will let a long time soldier (and best Ottawas goalie ever?) finish the season (and his career?) here in Ottawa instead of getting another 5th round pick...

Also, I haven't watched all Hogberg minutes but it seems more like he has been shelled so far. But I'd be ok with a Nilsson/Hogberg tandem next year but really don't think that's a duo we will want when ready to compete sooner than later.
Are you kidding? Askorov is the highest goalie ranked in the 2020 draft, he's playing pro hockey in the KHL & will be on Russia's junior team at this yr's WJC. Read some of the reviews regarding him, he is projected to be an elite goaltender sooner rather than later & I think he is already elite goaltender among his peers.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Really, even after all his success to date & given how high in this coming draft he is ranked? Are you aware he has been playing in the KHL, Russia's professional men's league since he was 17 yrs old against guys who have played in the NHL & some who soon will? What else does he have to do to prove he already is an elite goaltender for his age when all signs point to him being an elite goaltender in the NHL someday soon?
I’ll wait until next year and go after the Swedish kid.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Are you kidding? Askorov is the highest goalie ranked in the 2020 draft, he's playing pro hockey in the KHL & will be on Russia's junior team at this yr's WJC. Read some of the reviews regarding him, he is projected to be an elite goaltender sooner rather than later & I think he is already elite goaltender among his peers.

Yaroslav Askarov at eliteprospects.com

It was a joke and you missed it lol

Reactions: aragorn

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He’s not playing in the KHL, he is in the league below.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Really, even after all his success to date & given how high in this coming draft he is ranked? Are you aware he has been playing in the KHL, Russia's professional men's league since he was 17 yrs old against guys who have played in the NHL & some who soon will? What else does he have to do to prove he already is an elite goaltender for his age when all signs point to him being an elite goaltender in the NHL someday soon?

It really boils down to 3 points for me on the Askarov issue:

1. We don't have enough elite, dynamic scoring threats and there are a lot to be had at the front of this draft.

2. We have a plethora of goalie prospects and not enough places for them to play.

3. Goalies really are the most difficult position to handicap to gauge for future success and it seems we would have a better chance of having an elite skill forward pan out than a goalie.

If we end up with 2 top 10 picks we really need to make sure we get the best possible production from them.

Don't confuse my hesitation with not understanding Askarov is clearly the top goalie in this draft. I am just risk averse about taking any goalie so early.

Would not be surprised if he turns out to be a gem and if we do pick him I will trust the scouts have an incredibly high level of confidence in him and hope for the best.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
KHL goalies generally suck when compared to NHL goalies. It is part of the reason KHL highlights are so boring.

I'm sure Askarov is a legit prospect but not one we need.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
KHL goalies generally suck when compared to NHL goalies. It is part of the reason KHL highlights are so boring.

I'm sure Askarov is a legit prospect but not one we need.

If Askarov is compared to Vasilevski, Hart, Knight.. you definitely take a long hard look if he's available with our other 1st.

A franchise goalie would be huge for this young core.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
haha I was worried about you there for a second. Felix Navida.

That's what I said about acquiring Spencer Knight last yr, that I would rather wait for Askorov.

Happy holidays!

The joke was not that I know Askarov or not, it's more that you keep calling him Askorov with an "O", please stop lol

There's still people still writing Cowan, so if it's going to be similar for Askarov, and for that reason alone, I don't want the Sens to draft Askarov

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

your sarcasm antennas must be broken. :)

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Ok so these guys are all gone, we have taken Raymond with the SJ pick - we are on the clock for pick 10 - do we take Askarov?
If not, then who?

Laf
Byfield
Raymond
Stultze
Holtz
Drysdale
Perfetti
Rossi
Lundell

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Ok so these guys are all gone, we have taken Raymond with the SJ pick - we are on the clock for pick 10 - do we take Askarov?
If not, then who?

Laf
Byfield
Raymond
Stultze
Holtz
Drysdale
Perfetti
Rossi
Lundell
Need a C. Between Zary and Dawson, take Zary as Norris and Dawson seem alike. Worried about Lapierre’s concussions.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If not, then who?

Laf
Byfield
Raymond
Stultze
Holtz
Drysdale
Perfetti
Rossi
Lundell
At that point I might take Askarov or trade back.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
If not, then who?

Laf
Byfield
Raymond
Stultze
Holtz
Drysdale
Perfetti
Rossi
Lundell
In that scenario I trade that pick along with a 2nd round pick for 8th OA so I can get Rossi.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
To my friends in Canada.....

I miss this blog a lot...
Posters here are great so much information is posted.....
If I had a question here always got a answer...

I ask you to pray for world peace as this planet has had too damn much war.......
Merry Christmas to all on this blog..... I wish you good health and happiness..... Enjoy the day with your family and other loved ones. Cherish that time today as we only rent our time on this planet.....
Myself I have battled pneumonia 2 times this year and undergone radiation, so am still fighting.... Now I have a reason to be here, so I keep on fighting.....

christmas-feature_759.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-25_19-46-52.png
    upload_2019-12-25_19-46-52.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 2

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

I ask you to pray for world peace as this planet has had too damn much war.......
Merry Christmas to all on this blog..... I wish you good health and happiness..... Enjoy the day with your family and other loved ones. Cherish that time today as we only rent our time on this planet.....
Myself I have battled pneumonia 2 times this year and undergone radiation, so am still fighting.... Now I have a reason to be here, so I keep on fighting.....

Thank you and all the best to you too! Keep on fighting, Zeke!

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa

I appreciate the message of your post. Merry Christmas!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Moving up at that point in the draft is probably next to impossible unless you severely overpay

Actually maybe not impossible but improbable cause it depends on who teams rank high on their draft board. If you really like askarov then you take him if you don't you take someone else

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Moving up at that point in the draft is probably next to impossible unless you severely overpay

Actually maybe not impossible but improbable cause it depends on who teams rank high on their draft board. If you really like askarov then you take him if you don't you take someone else
I guess it is possible someone would prefer Askorov at say 8-9 vs the undersized centers. (Perf, Rossi) and move back to 10-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->