B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
It would be interesting to see what happens if White gets sent back.
I would pencil him in on RW with Chlapik.. that would push Gagne down a line or two and one of Balisy or Labate to Brampton
I have no idea who Balisy is but he played 8 games in NHL last year and he seems to be pretty established scorer at AHL level. I don't think he goes to Brampton.
2014-15St. John's IceCapsAHL7321234430-9----------
2015-16Portland PiratesAHL699172612420110
2016-17Springfield ThunderbirdsAHL76172845264----------
2017-18Springfield ThunderbirdsAHL6714213561-8----------
2017-18Florida PanthersNHL80000-2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Labate is on PTO? They'll probably cut him.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Jaros has been assigned to Belleville.

Wolanin - Jaros
Percy - Burgers

That top 4 is much better than last year's.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
That's pretty deep D. Should something happen, our boys from Ottawa can come down and they won't look out of place here. Although the jury is still out on Harpur and Lajoie...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Could someone remind me why we signed McKenna?
not defending it but here it is
“We just felt that Mike McKenna can be a good mentor for both of these guys,” Senators general manager Pierre Dorion said Sunday afternoon. “Just have the stability at that position in Belleville was something that we needed to do.
“We know what we think of Filip Gustavsson, but also Marcus Hogberg, and having a veteran guy that’s been through the wars only helps in their development to be NHL players down the road.”

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
People are going to rage when they finally figure out that Mike McKenna will be the starter in Belleville.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
People are going to rage when they finally figure out that Mike McKenna will be the starter in Belleville.

I think most people don't really care as long as McKenna gets us some wins and makes us competiteve. If you REALLY want to see some people around here rage, check this thread out when Hogberg gets sent to Brampton :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think most people don't really care as long as McKenna gets us some wins and makes us competiteve. If you REALLY want to see some people around here rage, check this thread out when Hogberg gets sent to Brampton :laugh:

Gustavsson to the ECHL .. needs to play and apparently will play lots.

Reactions: aragorn

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Never would have thought he'd mostly be in the ECHL. Last year I was sure Gustavsson would be the #1 in Belleville this season. When they signed McKenna, I figured he'd still be with the B-Sens and Hogberg would be the one sent to Brampton. Sending a top goaltending prospect to the ECHL seems like they're taking a step back...

Maybe if any of Anderson, Condon, or McKenna get hurt, Gustavsson becomes the starter in Belleville?

Reactions: Deku

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Good decision IMO. Gus just turned 20, this is a big development year for him. He hasn’t played much in NA and still needs more time to adjust properly to the rinks and style of play. I found he was shaky in the rookie tournament, main camp and even Belleville videos. He needs more time

Hogberg/McKenna

That’s where the veteran signing makes a lot of sense. And Hogberg has to perform this year, it’s almost a make or break for him.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Gustavsson downgrades from SHL shooters to ECHL shooters.

Should have kept him in the SHL if they were going to sign a veteran starter like McKenna and keep Hogberg in North America.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Should have kept him in the SHL if they were going to sign a veteran starter like McKenna and keep Hogberg in North America.

Completely disagree. The point of bringing him over here is him getting used to the smaller ice surface. That's how he'll inch closer to being an NHL starter. Baby steps. The SHL is useless for him now, he needs to learn his angles and all the technical goalie stuff on the smaller ice. And it's not like the ECHL shooters are bad, I know a few and trust me they shoot very very well.

Reactions: Xspyrit and Vprime

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I was going to write that I bet Gustavsson starts the yr in the ECHL but as it turns out he will & he should since it is his first yr & he's so young. Let him work his way up & let his play dictate where he gets to play most of the yr. Hogberg has paid his dues playing a lot in the ECHL last yr & deserves to start in Bellville this yr but needs to play well to stay there. Mckenna is the vet & it makes since for him to be the starter in Bellville until someone takes it from him with there better play.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Completely disagree. The point of bringing him over here is him getting used to the smaller ice surface. That's how he'll inch closer to being an NHL starter. Baby steps. The SHL is useless for him now, he needs to learn his angles and all the technical goalie stuff on the smaller ice. And it's not like the ECHL shooters are bad, I know a few and trust me they shoot very very well.

Also, one of the other goalie get an injury and he is in the AHL right away.

Let's not sleep on Hogberg. He still has starter potential. He is a very good goalie.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Gustavsson downgrades from SHL shooters to ECHL shooters.

Would you rather he be a backup in the SHL where we have no control over how he's used, or a starter in the ECHL with callups to the AHL and we have direct influence?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Would you rather he be a backup in the SHL where we have no control over how he's used, or a starter in the ECHL with callups to the AHL and we have direct influence?

In this scenario, the latter.

But my understanding is now that we have him under contract, we could have loaned him to an SHL team that needs a starting goalie, so I don't know why he'd have to play as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad