Friedman: Believe WASH would have interest in re-acquiring Vitek Vanecek if the Kraken so desired

Inno

Jan 14, 2007
Calgary
Thought you couldn't do that. Everyone was saying take Price, retain, and trade back to Montreal and NHL said no.

Reactions: Mandala

RD616

May 4, 2010
Maybe the Caps will flip the exact two picks they received from WPG for Vanecek... Lol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Thought you couldn't do that. Everyone was saying take Price, retain, and trade back to Montreal and NHL said no.
I remember hearing the league would be looking at expansion players being traded back, but if there is no retention I could see the NHL having no issue.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
If Washington were to acquire him (presumably for less than they traded Dillon for), Francis looks like even bigger of a f***ing idiot for not picking Dillon and flipping him.
Eh, in this particular case, they could chalk it up to things change. Weren't* expecting to land grubs for instance.

I see a 2nd coming back at most if it goes down. But I'd love if gmbm includes hagelins contract with it. Hope I'm right

Last edited:

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
After saying it was a 1st and a 3rd to get Seattle to take a player, taking Vanecek and sending him back for like a 2nd or 3rd would be ridiculous

Reactions: Silky mitts

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007
If Washington were to acquire him (presumably for less than they traded Dillon for), Francis looks like even bigger of a f***ing idiot for not picking Dillon and flipping him.

Hindsight is 20/20. What kind of idiot would Francis have looked like if he didn't pick any young goalies and then wasn't able to get a good goalie like Grubauer in FA? Vanecek was a good pick in case Francis needed a solid young backup, to hedge his bets. Now that he might not need him, he can worry about a plan B, which is probably trade him in a package for a good young top-6 forward.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If they can't get back more than Dillon got, this is another failure in the same sense that Bayreuther was. You could have made your team better, but you chose to make it worse.

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021

I'd be fine with paying a 3rd for him. His only real value is being able to hang in the NHL at 717k. I suspect its gonna be a 3rd or prospect around that value and will laugh my ass off if so. Even if its a 2nd.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Would love him on the Jets. But I think the following teams who could use him the most is Edmonton, Anaheim, or Buffalo. Maybe Chicago if Fleury ends up going to Pittsburgh, for whoever asks it's because Fleury wants a familiar surrounding for the family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad