Seravalli: Belief is Lindholm won’t re-sign with Calgary

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Yeah, sucks to be a small market Canadian team. They drafted right and then had their two star wingers walk.
Not ot mention Fox wanting to go to NY

If I am a Canadian team, I try my hardest not to sign any big star Americans TBH

Reactions: Figgzfood

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Can CO afford him? He would be perfect for them.

Ha, cross posted.
In terms of trade assets, I would have to think we could. We still have all our upcoming 1sts, and at least one LD that's likely available. If the Flames are also moving Hanifin, a package of Girard(Signed for 4 more years at $5M would have to be enticing for a team losing so many players the last two years who don't want to be there) as a Hanifin replacement + a 1st would have to be pretty enticing, IMO that's probably too much but it's hard to say what kind of value Girard carries at this point.

In terms of cap, I guess it depends on what he's looking for. If it's $8M, I think we could do it. If he's looking for $9M or more, that would be pretty rough to make work.

Bond

May 10, 2012
From all reports, Gaudreau was interested in signing the prior summer, but the Flames didn't want to pay him $8M+
Yeah, Tre started the ball rolling with that mismangement, I think if Gaudreau was signed there was a better chance of Tkachuk staying. That is why I am not sad Tre is gone. Got lackadaisical with a guy that should have been inked rather than waiting.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
If Calgary blows it up, they can start a hell of a rebuild with the amount of futures assets they can acquire by trading Hanifin, Weegar, Tanev, Andersson, Zadorov, Markstrom, Huberdeau, Lindholm, Kadri, Mangiapane, Backlund, Coleman, Toffoli...

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah, Tre started the ball rolling with that mismangement, I think if Gaudreau was signed there was a better chance of Tkachuk staying. That is why I am not sad Tre is gone. Got lackadaisical with a guy that should have been inked rather than waiting.
Yeah I couldn't imagine Tkachuk wanting to leave after the season their line had as a trio. You got the feeling that group + a few extra depth pieces could have challenged for a cup, so long as Markstrom got his game back.

They had 10.5 on the table for him last summer and he was ready to take it but at the last second decided to leave.
Yeah I'm aware of how last summer went down. I think being that close to UFA made that decision a lot harder for JG. Had he gotten a competitive offer the season before I think both he and Tkachuk are Flames for the next 7 years.

Reactions: Boomstick and Bond

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Bruins have to be all over this given our center a situation, but doubt we can actually compete with offers from like Carolina or Columbus. Kinda a disaster scenario now that I'm thinking about it. We go all in at the deadline, trade our next two firsts to try and win one more with Bergeron/Krejci, get bounced in the first round, and then 2 months later a center that could legitimately help us stay competitive in the post-bergeron years becomes available and we have nothing left to deal for him.

Doubt it with the cap barely moving.
Lindholm is an exception cause of how good his cap hit is, even the most cash strapped teams could probably figure out a way to make room for him

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I wonder what kind of package it would take for a team to snag Lindholm and Hanifin from Calgary.

Two 1sts, a decent roster player, and two seconds?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah I couldn't imagine Tkachuk wanting to leave after the season their line had as a trio. You got the feeling that group + a few extra depth pieces could have challenged for a cup, so long as Markstrom got his game back.

Yeah I'm aware of how last summer went down. I think being that close to UFA made that decision a lot harder for JG. Had he gotten a competitive offer the season before I think both he and Tkachuk are Flames for the next 7 years.
Yes. I agree Treliving walked them both out the door in a way. The two best players the franchise has ever had arguably.

This makes a lot of sense, wonder what the asking price would be? Maybe something around Boqvist?
How desperate is Jarmo

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Flames continue to lose talent

Gaudreau and Tkachuk last offseason
Lindholm and Hanifan this offseason potentially

Team looked pretty promising and heading in right direction a few years ago

Reactions: BHD

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yes. I agree Treliving walked them both out the door in a way. The two best players the franchise has ever had arguably.
Yep. And then he overcorrected with the Huberdeau contract lol.

And this was after trading Sam Bennett for scraps after the team gave up on playing him in his natural position. And he had to trade a 1st to get rid of Monahan when he probably could have gotten an actual asset for him a few years earlier (when it was obvious he was not a true 1C).

Not a great GM unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad