Belak Unofficial Retirement

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Wade is also a volunteer firefighter with the City of Franklin as well. He went though the necessary training last summer and even went on calls, but had the understanding that due to the hazardous nature of the job that he would not take part during the hockey season.

I forgot all about that. I think he sticks around Nashville.:handclap:

Fuzzy Bunny

Mar 5, 2007
Sat next to his mother on a flight from Saskatoon-Minneapolis last year and she had said that it was probably his last year... and then he signed on for this season. Not shocked to see it come to an end here. His mom raved about Nashville and that he loved it there so I could easily see him keeping this new gig, from the limited convo I had with her about it.

TediT

Mar 9, 2011
I hope he peruses this board. He's a great team and community guy. And, as noted before, he's hysterically funny. Happy to keep him here!!!

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Hmm, if the Preds ever wanted to play a charity alumni game I think I'd be scared. Stu Grimson, Jim McKenzie, and Wade Belak have all settled in Middle Tennessee! ;)

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
The first ever live game I watched had Wade Belak in it, at the Sask Place in Saskatoon. I was about 6 years old, and there was a bench clearing brawl and Belak had about 3 fights. I fell in love with the game after that... thank you Wade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad