OT: Beijing 2022 Olympics: Games on

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
Nobody hated the person. He was a nice guy and had a good attitude.
His usage was Therrien and the lack of centers was the second floor (including scouts).
Nobody hated the person? Were you on these boards from 2012 to 2017? He's easily one of the most hated player on hfhabs, ever.

For no reason really. David worked his ass off to get there.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Kingsbury, silver medal.
i am biased but to my eyes, that was a gold run. Please anyone who knows more in judging let me know if i missed something.
Also japanese was not third best , again to my eyes at least

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Kingsbury, silver medal.

Nice but I'm sure he wanted Gold. Looked like this after event.

45071-full.jpg

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
The US only has a 1-0 lead on Russia in Women's hockey almost halfway through the 2nd.

Russia only has 2 shots, but still. US not going for the blowout.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I see,got it! thought it might be for more sinister reasons. But I see now it's just for a good old fashioned ass licking then,I can respect that.:thumbu:

A good old fashioned ass licking? I hope you mean a good old fashioned ass kicking! The former is kinda gross, and completely opposite to the intention of the OP LOL

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Nobody hated the person? Were you on these boards from 2012 to 2017? He's easily one of the most hated player on hfhabs, ever.

For no reason really. David worked his ass off to get there.
You got it all wrong. Sure there were some haters, the usual ones, but overall, it was Therrien's obsession that irked most of us.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
After watching the Moguls, I went back and watched Jean-Luc Brassard win gold in Lillehammer... just to see if my memory of it held, and it did, his performance is just THAT memorable to me...

But the sport has evolved a lot didn't it? Nowadays I'm not sure the Cossack Jump even gets you in the games.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I see,got it! thought it might be for more sinister reasons. But I see now it's just for a good old fashioned ass licking then,I can respect that.:thumbu:

Ass licking? Renaud Lavoie and Sean Campbell enter the forum.

Reactions: angusyoung

Jul 6, 2016
Same here. I refuse to watch one second of Olympic coverage this time. China never should have been allowed to host these games but I guess money trumps all.

I think my morale is pretty low and and feel some anxiety after two full years of Covid, an imminent War in Ukraine (backed by China), and the occupation of Downtown Ottawa, and other Canadian cities by a wild mix of people, backed up by alt-right and Trump's puppets.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I think my morale is pretty low and and feel some anxiety after two full years of Covid, an imminent War in Ukraine (backed by China), and the occupation of Downtown Ottawa, and other Canadian cities by a wild mix of people, backed up by alt-right and Trump's puppets.
Hey, if you wish to talk, let us know, brother. We’re here.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
My POV is this:

I still enjoy sports and ultimately, when amazing performances, underdog stories and shocking upsets happen, it has nothing to do with the host country, but with the athletes. It's a shame the Olympics have to be hosted anywhere, to be honest. I wish it could all exist in another plane of existance in stadiums full of fans cheering for everybody.

With that being said, I think the IOC is a corrupt organisation that gets on their high horse when it fits their current needs and ignores said horse when it doesn't, and I think China is a violator of human rights on an historical scale. But again, the corporate organiser of the games and the host country have nothing to do with the performances.

I'm there for the blood, sweat and tears of competition.

I'm there for lowly David Desharnais going for gold.

I'm there to see Kailie Humphries FAIL.

I'm there to see the Jamaicans in Bobsleigh.

I'm there to see Rachel Homan get her goddamn eyesight fixed. I'm this close to flying to Peking and toss glasses at her.

I'm there to see our ti-gars pis tites filles de chez nous beat this world.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
My POV is this:

I still enjoy sports and ultimately, when amazing performances, underdog stories and shocking upsets happen, it has nothing to do with the host country, but with the athletes. It's a shame the Olympics have to be hosted anywhere, to be honest. I wish it could all exist in another plane of existance in stadiums full of fans cheering for everybody.

With that being said, I think the IOC is a corrupt organisation that gets on their high horse when it fits their current needs and ignores said horse when it doesn't, and I think China is a violator of human rights on an historical scale. But again, the corporate organiser of the games and the host country have nothing to do with the performances.

I'm there for the blood, sweat and tears of competition.

I'm there for lowly David Desharnais going for gold.

I'm there to see Kailie Humphries FAIL.

I'm there to see the Jamaicans in Bobsleigh.

I'm there to see Rachel Homan get her goddamn eyesight fixed. I'm this close to flying to Peking and toss glasses at her.

I'm there to see our ti-gars pis tites filles de chez nous beat this world.

To be fair NA gets on its high horse quite often too. I mean we ship containers of garbage to other countries without any regard to their population. We exploit china workers with awful working condition that would not meet our own standard just to let our publicly traded companies make record profit. We used torture to get information that was deemed unreliable just to bomb some terrorists but we bomb families as much as terrorists creating more terrorists. We call it a day by saying hey just come collateral damage yeah ... Our politicians are corrupted beyond belief and we do nothing about it cause hey must be pro companies you know because ... The fact companies can buy vote and we do nothing about it is ridiculous. Just look at how much time right to repair is taking while it's obvious it should have been voted day 1. I think we should focus more on what we do honestly. We should hold ourselves to higher standard but nope we often act in a "do as i say not as i do" way.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad