OT: Beijing 2022 Olympics: Games on

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Shane Doan picking the team (which I'm sure Julien had some say on) was pretty awful too. It was all old, slow players. If they took the World Junior team, it would have been much better.

not really. look at usa who had young team and still got knocked out by slovakia

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No medal but this team was not built to win imo. Relying on an Eric Stall to lead your team you knew we’d be in trouble. Should have taken the WJC team.
I said it a long time ago. With the NHL never sure from one Olympics to the next whether they will participate or not it simply makes sense to revert back to "amateur players" U 20 is perfect. They can always hold the WJHC in the summer every 4 years.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It was a horrible team , we all knew it from the start. Not even sure the best that actually could play were chosen.

A few who had a cup of tea in the NHL.
A few washed up NHLers
The odd prospect
And just more filler

take a look at the swedish roster. or even take a look at all the nations rosters. its the same for everyone.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Lets go girls. Our last shot at Gold. 11:10 PM.
US vs Canada ..... yawn.

If Tampa played Colorado every year for the Cup .....and we all knew they would play for the cup .......ya think anyone would care to watch. Maybe the first few , after that. Who really cares .

When there are more medals than contenders. Drop it.
ie - women's softball.

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I said it a long time ago. With the NHL never sure from one Olympics to the next whether they will participate or not it simply makes sense to revert back to "amateur players" U 20 is perfect. They can always hold the WJHC in the summer every 4 years.

I believe they have that for soccer in the Olympics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad