OT: Beijing 2022 Olympics: Games on

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
The Olympics were always going to a snoozefest since it's no longer a best-on-best competition, it actually feels worse than the Spengler cup.
The USA Slovakia game was the best hockey game i've watched since the playoffs. Incredibly fast pace entertaining hockey. Obviously this hasn't been the case every game but that was a great game

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Shane Doan picking the team (which I'm sure Julien had some say on) was pretty awful too. It was all old, slow players. If they took the World Junior team, it would have been much better.

When the tournament started i said if we win this then it means the competition was below AHL level and yep appears i was right. Honestly the best AHL team would have beat Canada and winning over the best European pro teams was just wishful thinking.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
When the tournament started i said if we win this then it means the competition was below AHL level and yep appears i was right. Honestly the best AHL team would have beat Canada and winning over the best European pro teams was just wishful thinking.

I haven't seen a single game, I read the news in the morning that Sweden won. I was so disappointed that the best NHL players couldn't play.

Reactions: Runner77 and LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It was a horrible team , we all knew it from the start. Not even sure the best that actually could play were chosen.

A few who had a cup of tea in the NHL.
A few washed up NHLers
The odd prospect
And just more filler

I doubt this is the best non NHL Canadian team you could build. It's not even about just the lack of skills but the team itself was badly built with players who don't fit very well together. I'm rooting for Slovakia liked them against USA it's a fun team to watch.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
They changed that rule.
The rules was changed so that only the final jump would get the bonus. However, any jump or other routines becomes harder to execute with the onset of fatigue. Valieva fell on a quad toe loop late in the free skate for the team event. Since her medication is suspected of exactly enhancing endurance, it brings into question to what extent is she being assisted by these drugs.

Jul 6, 2016
Shane Doan picking the team (which I'm sure Julien had some say on) was pretty awful too. It was all old, slow players. If they took the World Junior team, it would have been much better.

Actually, it would had been awesome if every country would had sent their best U-20 for this Olympic Tournament. I hate seing pro athletes in Olympics (hockey, basket, tennis, etc...)

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I don't understand why the habs played Staal last year or why the olympic team played him this year. He was great but he's completely done.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not sure why Canada didnt just go with younger players. World juniors were canceled, not every country is sending great players either. Might as well go primarily with younger players rather than journeymen players.

It's pathetic given the talent this country possesses. Icing a team like that is utter nonsense.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I haven't watched the Men play since that US game and I didn't watch this one. My excitement meter was at zero. I will watch the Women though.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad