Pre-Game Talk: Beginning of the Road to Nowhere (@PHI, @BOS, @MON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If Roy is comparing him to the Barrie situation from a few years back, I don't think the plan is to keep him down there very long. San Antonio has 10 more games this month. I could see him being back up by December.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm really hoping Zads channels that anger into the utter destruction of the AHL. Let him play a good chunk of games and find his groove, when they call him back up it should be because he has tons of momentum and they need to give him a long leash.

Totally agree.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm really hoping Zads channels that anger into the utter destruction of the AHL. Let him play a good chunk of games and find his groove, when they call him back up it should be because he has tons of momentum and they need to give him a long leash.

I agree. Hopefully they'll let him play his game though when he comes back up. He needs to pick his spots better but he's still at his best when he's stepping up at the blueline and then carrying the puck up the ice or joining the rush. He's not going to be a safe and mistake free defenseman anytime soon.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I just really wish Zads was playing last night vs Philly. That's the kind of game he loves. He would have been throwing Flyers forwards around all night with ease

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

He played with real chutzpah in his first game down. I'd put money on him taking it well and using it to boost himself like Barrie did two years ago, if I had to bet on how it'd play out atm.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Kinda OT but the varly and duchene rumors from dater/chamber are really annoying me. Especially the Varly ones. They're single-handedly forcing me to stay away from twitter right now.

I wish I could just remove them but I still want to get my avs information somewhere:cry: This place is nice but the ads make it really painful for me to check on my phone

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Surprised Roy didn't mention anything about it on the radio this morning. Must have either happened at practice this morning or they were waiting to see how he felt at practice.

I have zero fear they'd be stupid enough to trade Varly. But I'm sure this will throw some fuel on the trade board fire.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I can't accurately express how happy it makes to see so many hockey people talking up bigger nets. I'm still really worried that tradition will kill that possibility, but it's still great to see big names talking it up.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Sounds like they are going to try smaller goalie equipment first. I'm sure the goalie union will hold it up for a bit at least until they do some back door politicizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad