Prospect Info: Bedard Topic 2

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Bedard is 18. He is and will be a star. Those old enough to remember Guy Lafleur's first few years should know he struggled. I can recall he was on his butt so much thought he too couldn't skate. We know how that turned out.

Wikipedia: "During his first three seasons, Lafleur struggled to live up to expectations in the league as he posted average statistics—"
My favorite player growing up....that blonde hair looked like it was on fire skating down the wing....heck of an exciting hockey player.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Visually, Vlasic gets up to top speed faster than Bedard. Which is just as important as actual top speed given how much each inch of ice is contested for. He just eats up ice with his long strides in transition and joins the rush effortlessly

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
McDavid has ruined the benchmark for what classifies as a good skater.

Bedard's skating is fine. He could improve on his first stride and explosiveness, but if I had to guess, skating has never been an emphasis of Bedard's training.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
fortunate thing about Bedard is his work ethic and obsession with marginal improvement will drive him to fixing this over the next years, like others have said if he can develop into an explosive skater look out
This. These Crosby/Mcdavid/Bedard types go into an off-season with the goal of improving their shot/skating/backhand or whatever skill and come out the next year as one of the very best at that skill

I don’t think Bedard skating is an issue as much he needs to get stronger and the cardio could use work. Shorter shifts helps too. These are to be expected for an 18 year old. Little worry about anything Bedard related. He will be taking a run at the Hart in 2-3 years

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think a Canada tour of duty will be good for him. I imagine it'll be a pretty good roster since the Olympic carrot is there for any best on best bubble players.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Bedard’s skating. It’ll look even better when he finally has talent out there with him opening up some ice.
It’ll look better when davidsons master plan comes together of drafting strong skaters with elite speed.

A line of Moore and Nazar will be the fastball to bedard’s changeup keeping the league on their heels and guessing

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
My favorite player growing up....that blonde hair looked like it was on fire skating down the wing....heck of an exciting hockey player.
1714519357091.jpeg

It burned off over the years too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad