34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Continued from here:

Reactions: d rake

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
So, I was wondering how many times you all piss in the run of a day? :laugh:

JUST KIDDING MODS (making light of the derailment of the last thread)

Seriously, can't wait to see how this kid fares against NHLers. Have the Hawks ever had a player with as lethal of a shot as Bedard's? I know Bobby Hull's shot was lethal in his day but you know what I'm getting at. His shot was lethal/powerful comparatively to other players in his day.

This kid has pinpoint accuracy and I LOVE the fact that he seems keen to fire pucks on net. Far too many times in recent years I found the Hawks tried too hard to make the pretty play and passed up on shooting opportunities because of it. With #98 on the ice, I don't think that will be a worry any longer.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
So, I was wondering how many times you all piss in the run of a day? :laugh:

JUST KIDDING MODS (making light of the derailment of the last thread)

Seriously, can't wait to see how this kid fares against NHLers. Have the Hawks ever had a player with as lethal of a shot as Bedard's? I know Bobby Hull's shot was lethal in his day but you know what I'm getting at. His shot was lethal/powerful comparatively to other players in his day.

This kid has pinpoint accuracy and I LOVE the fact that he seems keen to fire pucks on net. Far too many times in recent years I found the Hawks tried too hard to make the pretty play and passed up on shooting opportunities because of it. With #98 on the ice, I don't think that will be a worry any longer.
no team in the NHL has ever had a player with as lethal a shot as Bedards. Been saying that for months and I stand by it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
If Justin Fields keeps struggling, Bedard can take the city over by 2024. Neither the Cubs, Sox, nor Bulls have "it" players in their roster.

Reactions: Jimmy2Times

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I feel bad for goalies going against his shot. Even watching replays it is extremely difficult to read. On top of this, goalies will almost naturally be off angle for others due to his shot and how he angles it. Rebounds will be plentiful.

Thank the hockey gods and uncle Jerry, we landed him.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I feel bad for goalies going against his shot. Even watching replays it is extremely difficult to read. On top of this, goalies will almost naturally be off angle for others due to his shot and how he angles it. Rebounds will be plentiful.

Yep. That's why it's imperative to find a young vacuum player in front of the net for Bedard going forward ... preferably one with a bit of size to give some protection as well. There's going to be a ton of rebounds. On Bedard's hat trick, the goalies barely reacted. You can tell his release is too quick or wrister is very deceptive. It could be both. Whatever it is, Bedard shot is more than just fast and heavy.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
I am excited to watch his goals in the NHL and still not understand how he scored. His shot confuses my brain.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yep. That's why it's imperative to find a young vacuum player in front of the net for Bedard going forward ... preferably one with a bit of size to give some protection as well. There's going to be a ton of rebounds. On Bedard's hat trick, the goalies barely reacted. You can tell his release is too quick or wrister is very deceptive. It could be both. Whatever it is, Bedard shot is more than just fast and heavy.

It is both when it comes to his shot and from what I have seen he rarely if ever telegraphs it.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Would that include Hawks goalies? There should be some benefit from practicing against Bedard. I'm not sure if that's been discussed here.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It is quick like that for sure, but it is the angle change dynamic that really pushes it over the top.

Yep, actually that's where his shot is like Matthews in a way but even more deceptive it seems

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I've never seen a player able to drag the puck and change the angle of the shot as drastically as Bedard does, in all my decades of watching, playing, and coaching this sport. Not only that, but it has no effect on his release or accuracy. It's uncanny. It goes exactly where he wants it, with a lightning quick release, almost every time.

I can change the angle on my shot about 10% of what Bedard can, and I know how much that bothers even goalies that played at high levels(D1, Junior A, etc.) His shooting is just next level ridiculous. He might end up being one of the best pure goal scorers of all time. He is DeBrincat on steroids, and DeBrincat has a phenomenal shot and release. It's an entirely different animal from Ovechkin, as well. I've just never seen anything like it.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
I've never seen a player able to drag the puck and change the angle of the shot as drastically as Bedard does, in all my decades of watching, playing, and coaching this sport. Not only that, but it has no effect on his release or accuracy. It's uncanny. It goes exactly where he wants it, with a lightning quick release, almost every time.

I can change the angle on my shot about 10% of what Bedard can, and I know how much that bothers even goalies that played at high levels(D1, Junior A, etc.) His shooting is just next level ridiculous. He might end up being one of the best pure goal scorers of all time. He is DeBrincat on steroids, and DeBrincat has a phenomenal shot and release. It's an entirely different animal from Ovechkin, as well. I've just never seen anything like it.
ALL of that + Pinpoint accuracy!!!!

I really think the guy could win the All-star accuracy competition w a defender on him versus half the guys in it w/ NO defender on them... Crazy good shot...

Couple friends asked me pre draft if there was any chance Bedard would be Bust.... I said no... cuz His Shot/release/accuracy is Better than anyone's I have ever seen... if kid ONLY played PP - he probably leads team in scoring.

Kid is gonna hurt a lot of D men/ and screeners as well- cuz they CANNOT react fast enough to dodge his shots

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
If Justin Fields keeps struggling, Bedard can take the city over by 2024. Neither the Cubs, Sox, nor Bulls have "it" players in their roster.
I think PCA can be an "it" player for the Cubs.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

The other advantage that Bedard has over an Ovie or DeBrincat is being able to create the space to get that amazing shot off. A lot of great goal scorers need that playmaker to get the puck on their stick and Bedard just makes it happen himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad