Beck Vs Kidney

Which prospect would you be more hesitant on the Habs giving up in a potential trade?

• Owen Beck

Votes: 166 93.3%
  • Riley Kidney

Votes: 12 6.7%

• Total voters

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Um, I didn't mention where the weight would be distributed. What if 19 pounds go into the legs and 1 into his torso: does he necessarily get slower? Of course, that's an exaggeration, but players routinely put on weight as they mature into NHL players. If he is stronger at fighting through checks, and the bulk of his weight is in his lower body, how is that Moen-like? Marner went from 160 to 183 from the draft to now; packing 23 pounds. How Moen-like is he? Do the extra pounds result in neuronal attrition, sapping him of his IQ?
Thanks for the late night howl. That was hilarious.

Neuronal attrition. Gold.

I bet your a **** sometimes but man was that well thought out and executed.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Beck has the eye test by a good margin.

But of course, there are those pesky statistics. For some reason, Kidney laps Beck, despite Beck looking like the far better player.

Reactions: montreal

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Doing 100 pts in the Q does not translate into an NHLer. Kidney seems to me 100% offense so if he can't translate that, he is finished because he doesn't bring anything else. Look at Roy, personally I still don't believe he will make it after seeing play several times in Sherbrooke. The only reason I still give Roy a slim chance is because I could see in the WJ tournament last season that he has a good 2-way play abilities, which gives him an edge to go further up.
I think Roy is cerebral. I think he’s our top3 prospect besides Hutson and Mailloux.

While I’m ranting, I don’t even think Hutson and Mailloux are very good prospects but they both happen to be very good at at least 1 thing that has helped them gain the traction needed to be considered a top prospect, in our system at least.

Roy to me is an enigma, he has the potential to be just as good as almost anyone on the habs right now, or at least have absolutely no problem keeping up with them even as early as next year, should his conditioning allow it.

Reactions: Paddyjack

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Thanks for the late night howl. That was hilarious.

Neuronal attrition. Gold.

I bet your a **** sometimes but man was that well thought out and executed.
I met his snark with mine. I'm normally more magnanimous than that, to posters who disagree with me. I responded the way that I would to a misguided heckler in one of my classes. Then I put him on ignore, since I'd decided that I'd seen enough to make up my mind long-term.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad