Beck Vs Kidney

Which prospect would you be more hesitant on the Habs giving up in a potential trade?

• Owen Beck

Votes: 166 93.3%
  • Riley Kidney

Votes: 12 6.7%

• Total voters

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I always forget about Kidney. A decent prospect that probably would've been hyped non stop when our prospect pool sucked. Outside of Roy, RHP and Beck, I don't really have any hope for our FWD prospects. I've effectively written off Kidney, Mysak, Mesar, Farrel, and Ylonen. Hope one of them proves me wrong.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I always forget about Kidney. A decent prospect that probably would've been hyped non stop when our prospect pool sucked. Outside of Roy, RHP and Beck, I don't really have any hope for our FWD prospects. I've effectively written off Kidney, Mysak, Mesar, Farrel, and Ylonen. Hope one of them proves me wrong.
Your hope should be fulfilled.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I mean Beck is clearly the better prospect. Is there a world where Kidney becomes better? Sure, but Beck has a fairly high ceiling with a really high floor

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
Mysak I get but why the other four? All of them have shown loads of potential and that they have a shot of at-least being decent NHL players. Obviously they all won’t pan out but to write them all off seems bizarre.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Personally, I feel that Beck is the better prospect of the two, and I think his skill set is more transferable to the NHL and the safer bet to have a solid career. However, I also believe Kidney likely has the higher ceiling of the two but is more likely to bust, compared to Beck.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
lmao some of yall really underrate Kidney. Prospects who produce like him very rarely fail. He is a much better player than garbage like Scherbak, McShane, Fonstad, etc.

Reactions: Hins77

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Beck no doubt about it. But if the deal makes sense, like bringing in another Dach type of player for him, I'd trade him

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
To be honest there are a lot of questions about Kidney's game translating to the NHL while there are zero about Beck's. Kidney could end up making us look stupid but Beck is a safe bet to play a role in the NHL.

Reactions: Goldthorpe

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
You have to give the Jets something they want, the NHL is not the Neo-Assyrian Empire! Do you really think Beck has more potential than Dubois? This reminds me of the time Bergevin wouldn't trade Poehling...
You have to give to get. If the difference between getting and not getting PLD is Beck+ vs Kidney+, I'd cave in and let the Jets have him, especially if the + is made redundant by PLD's arrival. I understand that Beck could be elite defensively, but I think that we are talking about a 1B C or 2C vs a young player with 3C potential (after all, he is not elite offensively in junior). I also don't buy the wait a year argument, since Boston and Colorado are both threats to sign PLD.

Last edited:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The way I see the question could be different than someone else. I would be really hesitant tontrade Kidney. The guy is just killing it since 3 years in the Q. He is 6ft, 175 lbs. maybe not the fastest. But he has the stats to become a good player in the NHL. Beck has the safest floor. Middle 6 at minimum. However,I think Kidney has a higher roof offensively.
Then, you ask me wich player would you keep between those. This is Beck, but really hesitant to trade Kidney about his offensive roof.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad