Movies: Beauty and the Beast (2017)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Time to get back on track I think. We have a politics board for this kind of talk.

Let's keep it to discussing the movie.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
A lot of unnecessary additions (songs, Belle's mom, etc), but an enjoyable movie. I think it would have been better if they just copied the animated movie exactly, but some would complain about that then.
Nothing great like Jungle Book, but good enough.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I enjoyed this movie and I liked the additions because it allowed the movie to stand on it's own rather than being a pure remake like Jungle Book was. Also, the new song the Beast sings after Bell leaves is just as good as the older songs. I will agree the other new songs were forgettable, but that new one from Stevens was well worth it.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I enjoyed this movie and I liked the additions because it allowed the movie to stand on it's own rather than being a pure remake like Jungle Book was. Also, the new song the Beast sings after Bell leaves is just as good as the older songs. I will agree the other new songs were forgettable, but that new one from Stevens was well worth it.

I just felt they made the movie too long. Jungle Book wasn't a flat out copy either. I mean, the ending is completely different (and I thought it ended a lot better).
Only reason I say copy is that the animated one is almost perfect as is. I do think the live action developed Beast a bit better though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Been a huge hit at box office

Does this make Emma Watson a bankable lead? Or is this more likely just a classic tale that everyone has nostalgia/curiosity more leading to big box office #'s which aren't true reflection of Watson's draw?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Been a huge hit at box office

Does this make Emma Watson a bankable lead? Or is this more likely just a classic tale that everyone has nostalgia/curiosity more leading to big box office #'s which aren't true reflection of Watson's draw?

I think it has more to do with the kids that grew up watching Beauty and the Beast are now at the age where they have young kids and are taking them to watch this version. I think virtually anyone could've been in Emma Watson's place and it would have the same success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad