Movies: Beauty and the Beast (2017)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Haha as soon as I heard the "Hello?" I knew it was Emma Watson.

Well as someone who grew up on these Disney movies they're remaking, I hope this one has more life in it than Cinderella and more natural (rather than forced) charm than the Alice in Wonderland reboot.

Set design looks great.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Emma Watson seems like a perfect choice to play Belle. This looks really interesting. I hope it's a twist on the material rather than just a retelling of the animated film like Jungle Book was. If that's the case, than I'm really looking forward to it.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Having 3 sisters has helped me enjoy Disney movies lol so I'm kind excited and very intrigued there is no way Disney makes Emma Watson the star if she can't sing so this is pretty exciting in my opinion

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Saw a couple of scenes of this from a recent Disney presentation. Watson looks absolutely gorgeous in this movie, and she does her own singing too.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm not much for celebrity crushes, dont really understand those, but Im interested to see what the beast looks like. I wasn't a fan of the original it was actually kind of a girls movie if I remember right, so I'm guessing this is gonna be a bit of a chick flick that you see on a date.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
I'm not much for celebrity crushes, dont really understand those, but Im interested to see what the beast looks like. I wasn't a fan of the original it was actually kind of a girls movie if I remember right, so I'm guessing this is gonna be a bit of a chick flick that you see on a date.

This is an ultimate girls movie

Disney has so much on their plate right now maybe the best ever cartoon movie and now they have to outdo that .. we'll see what happens but I don't think Disney will **** this up

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Saw a couple of scenes of this from a recent Disney presentation. Watson looks absolutely gorgeous in this movie, and she does her own singing too.

Have you heard her sing I can't find anything that's a pretty good Secret to find out if she's a good singer during the movie

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It probably helps that Belle doesn't do a whole lot of singing in the original. She sings in only a couple of songs ("Belle" and "Something There") and only about half of each. In total, it's less than 2 minutes of singing. So, it's not like Watson has the burden of carrying the soundtrack like a trained singer. Collectively, the other singing parts are a lot more important, so, as long as they get professional singers for those, they can probably get away with an amateur like Watson, especially when she and a vocal coach can practice and perfect what is a relatively small number of singing lines. It probably also helps that they're songs that are well known to her and burned into her brain.

EDIT: I'll add that I'm not sure if Belle sings more in the musical and if they'll incorporate any of those songs, or if they'll write any new songs for this new version. It's possible that she'll sing more in this than the original film. Even so, I think that the point remains that it's still largely an ensemble signing cast, not one that needs to be carried by Watson.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Nitpick, but, in the trailer, if it's dark and stormy outside, how the heck was there so much light coming through the windows? :huh:

:laugh: Sorry, had to.

Looks good so far though. Great casting with Watson.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If Disney messes it up, I'll never forgive them. this is my favourite movie. (even more than the Little mermaid, which was also like the ish in my childhood).

DJyellow

Sponsor
May 9, 2002
Laval
Gotta assume Little Mermaid and Aladdin are the next ones to get the live action adaptation

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Haha as soon as I heard the "Hello?" I knew it was Emma Watson.

Well as someone who grew up on these Disney movies they're remaking, I hope this one has more life in it than Cinderella and more natural (rather than forced) charm than the Alice in Wonderland reboot.

Set design looks great.

Beauty and the Beast was always my favorite Disney film, with the possible exception of The Lion King.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad