Confirmed with Link: Beau Bennett traded to Devils for 3rd round pick (Connor Hall)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So, what in your opinion is the reason that Beau Bennett keeps getting injured? He seems like a pretty big player.Is he taking on too many guys bigger than himself? Is he a clutz? or trying to do too much?

He seems like another Jacob Josefson to me. Showed potential but kept getting injured. Josefson's problem was going too fast and not being able to control his skating.

I'd say bad luck, but some of his injuries are the result of the most ridiculously rare plays.

Let's just say that if there's a .001 millimeter wide rut in the ice, and twenty skaters are tasked with skating around the rink for an hour, Beau will be the only player to actually get his skate caught in the rut. Twice. And then get run over by the zamboni as they cart him off the ice.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Ray Shero said that the first person that texted him after being fired by the Pens was Beau.
(Jokingly) "so maybe that helped him a bit here."

On Beau. "I think he realizes he needs a change of scenery."......."there were times when he is the best player on the ice. And other times he is just out there watching."

Both GMJR and GMRS had the same answer when asked what they felt was holding Beau back from developing. "Injuries, that's it."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
So, what in your opinion is the reason that Beau Bennett keeps getting injured? He seems like a pretty big player.Is he taking on too many guys bigger than himself? Is he a clutz? or trying to do too much?

He seems like another Jacob Josefson to me. Showed potential but kept getting injured. Josefson's problem was going too fast and not being able to control his skating.

There's no real explanation for it, to be honest. He missed most of the year after getting checked awkwardly near the boards and falling into them shoulder-first. He's missed time because a guy took his knee out in practice. He's had another guy take his knee out in a regular season game. He's had a skate cut his arm. He's gotten hurt celebrating a goal. :laugh:

I'd say bad luck. There's just no other reasonable answer. He's injury prone without it being anything specific, like a recurring groin/ankle/shoulder issue. He's just an injury magnet. Hope he can stay healthy, cuz he's got good potential to be an impact scoring-line player, but his injury history is absurd. Add to that the effects of his injuries on his confidence, both in his game and in his own body being able to take the punishment, and it's a pretty ****** situation.

But again, we're cursed with injury issues. Maybe a change of scenery makes it all stop for Bennett. Best of luck to the kid.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
I feel like Bennett is going to go on an all time record injury-free streak and make us all regret that he was traded. Watch him play 82 games next season. :laugh:

:cry:

Last edited:

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Beau was arguably my favorite Pen. I'd expected him to get moved for a year now, so the actual trade wasn't biting. It's going to be tough to cheer for the Devils even a little bit, but I guess these things happen.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah. I hope he thrives in NJ. If he can stay healthy, I think there's a possibility of him playing opposite Hall on NJ's top line. Big if though.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I am a huge Bennett supporter and I sincerely hope he turns it around. He is completely capable of being a high-impact top 6 winger, but it's hard to imagine him being the player that he is capable of when he's at all times one bump into the boards away from another 2 month layoff. Before the shoulder injuries it was bad luck, but he's going to be fighting his shoulders for the rest of his career and this is not the sport to have bad shoulders in.

Here's hoping that I am wrong.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Pulling for Bennett big time. What a likeable kid, with the worst luck. Hope he has a great and long career in hockey.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Beau was arguably my favorite Pen. I'd expected him to get moved for a year now, so the actual trade wasn't biting. It's going to be tough to cheer for the Devils even a little bit, but I guess these things happen.

Can I just ask what he has done thats made you such a big fan of his? I certainly don't wish harm upon anyone, but I have a really hard time believing BB could be anyones favorite Pen. 129 games played. 45 points. Always injured. Is it bc he's an attractive surfer kid from SoCal thats become an underdog due to injuries that've plagued his career since his college days... potential even earlier for all we know.

I mean, I get wishing someone well, but BB was a colossal failure in Pittsburgh and turned a first round, 20th overall pick, into 3rd round pick that will probably never make the Pittsburgh Penguins. **** Beau Bennett, as far as Im concerned... esp. now that he's a Devil.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Can I just ask what he has done thats made you such a big fan of his?

he never quit! all the crap that kids been through and he still trying,,,,,,,,he's my horse even if he never wins another race. there's a whole lot of people craping on him that don't have half the guts this kids got. they all would have given up long ago.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I mean Beau had a cut tendon from being stepped on, a bum knee from catching a rut in practice, and a bum shoulder from celebrating a goal. How is that not luck related?

I guess the way I'd answer this is given all teh hockey we watch and news from ours and other teams, why is it only Bennett has knee problems due to catching a rutt or shoulder problems celebrating a goal? I think the answer — given that they all catch rutts from time to time and jump into the boards celebrating goals from time to time (for example) — is that their bodies are more durable than Beau's.

He's just a very thin guy who built up some muscle and whatnot but at his core he's prone to injury from the types of impacts and other scenarios that other players absorb. Some people are just built that way. Some can take a serious beating every week and recooperate quickly with a few days off, and keep on going with only minor injury issues. Others get more serious injuries from the initial impacts. That's Bennett. Not his fault, just the way he's built / his DNA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad