Beatles or Seinfeld

• Beatles

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 72 64.3%

• Total voters

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Quite right--both of these albums were recorded in 1969--months apart. The Abbey Road sessions with all of its classic material was the last time they recorded together. Far from being crap it represented a very suitable departure and they went out when they were on top of their game, unlike so many other bands that became self parodies. How many entertainers in sports, movies or music can make the claim that they started with a bang and finished with a bang?---precious few.
And it took them a while, but eventually, they all got over the band breakup and went on to carve out very successful single careers. McCartney in particular had huge commercial and ultimate critical success with Wings, movie soundtracks (James Bond), and even composing classical music (Oratorios). Lennon went on to write one of the most inspiring and incredible songs for the ages (Imagine) right before his death.

Reactions: bellagiobob

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
She gave me Mrs Kotter vibes. Didn't think she was hot either. You guys have some strange taste.

Not hot;

View attachment 645703
How long did you work to find a ”bad” photo of Jan? She was a smoke show. Even a grainy black and white she shines…I like my weird taste in WKRP women!
1675535380487.jpeg

@Oilers in NS hope you‘re hanging in there. I’m sure it’s been busy in the control centre given this situation…

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How long did you work to find a ”bad” photo of Jan? She was a smoke show. Even a grainy black and white she shines…I like my weird taste in WKRP women!
View attachment 645708

@Oilers in NS hope you‘re hanging in there. I’m sure it’s been busy in the control centre given this situation…

Totally Mrs Kotter vibes. heh. Never really saw the attraction. Wouldn't look twice at her in Highschool if she was teaching gym heh The moment I watched WKRP I had Mrs Kotter flashbacks. Seemed like the same look she was going for. Indistinguishable to me. Mind you there was a whole ilk that liked Mrs kotter too.
1675536196746.png

1675536361309.png

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
View attachment 645708

Nice pic. I prefer the natural beauties myself. Not plain Jane, but more natural. Lonnie had a smokin hot bod, but it's hard to imagine what she looked like once she scraped off a few inches of makeup.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Totally Mrs Kotter vibes. heh. Never really saw the attraction. Wouldn't look twice at her in Highschool if she was teaching gym heh The moment I watched WKRP I had Mrs Kotter flashbacks. Seemed like the same look she was going for. Indistinguishable to me. Mind you there was a whole ilk that liked Mrs kotter too.
View attachment 645712

View attachment 645713
Ya I’d walk away from Mrs Kotter too. Maybe it’s those goggles. I had to Google her. She was in a series of MASH episode that I really enjoyed back in the day. Learned something today. Mindless trivia, but I still fired the synapses!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ya I’d walk away from Mrs Kotter too. Maybe it’s those goggles. I had to Google her. She was in a series of MASH episode that I really enjoyed back in the day. Learned something today. Mindless trivia, but I still fired the synapses!
Take the glasses off and its carbon copy. So much so that theres reddit stuff on whether they were the same actor. heh. Bailey had better glasses, give her that, but those awful aviator glasses were somehow popular in early 70's because they looked better than horn rimmed glasses.

Give me some good ol Marry Anne over these two. Intentional misspelling. ;)

You never watched Welcome back Kotter?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Take the glasses off and its carbon copy. So much so that theres reddit stuff on whether they were the same actor. heh. Bailey had better glasses, give her that, but those awful aviator glasses were somehow popular in early 70's because they looked better than horn rimmed glasses.

Give me some good ol Marry Anne over these two. Intentional misspelling. ;)
I like Muryan too. Not a fan of Miss Ginger. Too Tarty.

To bring this back to Seinfeld v Beatles, Julia Louis Dreyfus or Yoko Ono? I’d slit both of my wrists before either. Or I’d jump into the sack with Ringo, still undecided which is the lesser of all evils. ;)

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
You could have dated Lonnie but she had a bit of a problem with her spending habits. Burt found that out when he got the bills.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like Muryan too. Not a fan of Miss Ginger. Too Tarty.

To bring this back to Seinfeld v Beatles, Julia Louis Dreyfus or Yoko Ono? I’d slit both of my wrists before either. Or I’d jump into the sack with Ringo, still undecided which is the lesser of all devils. ;)
Ringo's Sophies choice. From the movie Caveman;

Shelly long

1675537775718.png

or Lana

1675537922880.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Too much LSD with Timothy Leary and hash with the Mahareeshi, fried his brain.
He had really bad eyes too but yeah. was thinking along those lanes. Was heroin though that probably mangled his brain. So much talent but after his first couple post Beatles releases he didn't get much done. Harrison and McCartney both with better post Beatles catalog. After Mind Games it was pretty much over for Lennon it seems.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
He had really bad eyes too but yeah. was thinking along those lanes. Was heroin though that probably mangled his brain. So much talent but after his first couple post Beatles releases he didn't get much done. Harrison and McCartney both with better post Beatles catalog. After Mind Games it was pretty much over for Lennon it seems.
Harrison has a great catalogue, I have a lot of his stuff in my Spotify. Maca, I like most of his Wings stuff, later solo though, I tolerate only probably because of who he is/was.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Harrison has a great catalogue, I have a lot of his stuff in my Spotify. Maca, I like most of his Wings stuff, later solo though, I tolerate only probably because of who he is/was.
Ditto. Love Wings but no much else from McCartney since. Loved Harrison all the way. He was my favorite Beatle and more than the music, his persona, honesty, vulnerability, spirituality. To me he was always a type of beacon as the 70's had a lot of casualties and as great a decade it was to live through, a lot of people lived it too much. Even Harrison but he got through the other side. I'm not into star adulation but I would say George Harrison was a hero to me.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Ditto. Love Wings but no much else from McCartney since. Loved Harrison all the way. He was my favorite Beatle and more than the music, his persona, honesty, vulnerability, spirituality. To me he was always a type of beacon as the 70's had a lot of casualties and as great a decade it was to live through, a lot of people lived it too much. Even Harrison but he got through the other side. I'm not into star adulation but I would say George Harrison was a hero to me.
Like.

His illness and death was sad because of all that you stated. David Crosby (RIP) and Keith Richards, who I both also love their music, somehow all lived through their many excesses, but George died prematurely. Life is ironic at times, if nothing else.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I’ll give this another try. I didn’t say all of the latter Beatles’ stuff was crap, or that wasn’t my intention. I think that so much of their earlier work was brilliant but there was lots of crap in the latter part of their careers. I love the Beatles - not as much as the Dave Clark Five, but still brilliant (most of it). I hope this clears up my poor messaging.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I thought his last album, Double Fantasy was pretty good, and spawned 2 or 3 great tunes. He really was getting his life back together at that point, and finally seemed at peace with family and work life. Too bad that asshole(I refuse to say his name) had to end it for him. Seems he had so much more to give.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I thought his last album, Double Fantasy was pretty good, and spawned 2 or 3 great tunes. He really was getting his life back together at that point, and finally seemed at peace with family and work life. Too bad that asshole(I refuse to say his name) had to end it for him. Seems he had so much more to give.
All the Lennon people I knew loved that Album and it was a better one than his few previous ones. I never bought it. Heard the couple songs on the radio. It was Lennon in family guy mode and take or miss to me. Considering how many of the songs were again about Yoko there was some retch moments on the album.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad