Beatles or Seinfeld

• Beatles

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 72 64.3%

• Total voters

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
All the Lennon people I knew loved that Album and it was a better one than his few previous ones. I never bought it. Heard the couple songs on the radio. It was Lennon in family guy mode and take or miss to me. Considering how many of the songs were again about Yoko there was some retch moments on the album.
Definitely some retch moments on it, for sure. We're not talking Beatles here where nearly every song as a veritable masterpiece! But Starting Over and Imagine were classics. Would have been interesting to see where he went after this, and if the unthinkable ever happened and he and Paul got together and collaborated again.

Masters is comingup soon. Do they trim the rough or let it grow wild?
LMFAO!!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Definitely some retch moments on it, for sure. We're not talking Beatles here where nearly every song as a veritable masterpiece! But Starting Over and Imagine were classics. Would have been interesting to see where he went after this, and if the unthinkable ever happened and he and Paul got together and collaborated again.
maybe Harrison and Lennon are doing something up there. We can all hope. heh

I'm chopping Onions over here now.

What great artists we got to grow up with and listen to. Wouldn't change it for anything.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m laughing hard and wife asks me what so funny…I told her it was something Ray Ferraro said on the all star game that’s on in the background. Thanks ESPN.
I'm having to switch screens on the computer a lot today....All that Barbara Bach photo searching you know. heh

This is going back to the last Lennon album, some interesting reading.

Never knew Tony Levin (one of my favorite bass players) Earl Slick were both regulars on the recording. Saw both on the Serious moonlight tour here. Slick was playing Axe with Bowie and Levin slapping bass for Peter Gabriel. Still the best concert I ever saw next to Pink Floyd. Cheap Trick were also in on some recorded tracks but Yoko axed them. Didn't want them on there.

Apparently everybody that played had to have the right astrological sign or numerology sign. lol.

Lennon thought he had played with Earl Slick before, thats how he got an invite. Slick was probably still in highschool when Lennon thought he had recorded with him before..

Earl Slick had some chops. Was one of the highlights of the concert.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I thought his last album, Double Fantasy was pretty good, and spawned 2 or 3 great tunes. He really was getting his life back together at that point, and finally seemed at peace with family and work life. Too bad that asshole(I refuse to say his name) had to end it for him. Seems he had so much more to give.
In his final days he talked to friends about getting back together with the Beatles. Despite his public talk, he missed the fame and glory and he missed Britain.

Just a matter of weeks before his murder his security chief quit and told him that keeping a regular schedule (during the making of Double Fantasy) across from Central Park (in the Dakotas, the same place that "Rosemary's Baby was filmed) was very dangerous. His protests were overruled by you know who.

If he had been more open to other influences then things could have been very different.

Reactions: Stoneman89

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
In his final days he talked to friends about getting back together with the Beatles. Despite his public talk, he missed the fame and glory and he missed Britain.

Just a matter of weeks before his murder his security chief quit and told him that keeping a regular schedule (during the making of Double Fantasy) across from Central Park (in the Dakotas, the same place that "Rosemary's Baby was filmed) was very dangerous. His protests were overruled by you know who.

If he had been more open to other influences then things could have been very different.
Interesting. Did not know that. Yes sadly she was a very strong influence on his life and career decisions, amongst others decisions I’m sure.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
How long did you work to find a ”bad” photo of Jan? She was a smoke show. Even a grainy black and white she shines…I like my weird taste in WKRP women!
View attachment 645708

@Oilers in NS hope you‘re hanging in there. I’m sure it’s been busy in the control centre given this situation…

Brutal cold. The problem with this is we haven’t had it in ages. When I was younger , we would be outside in lineups waiting to get into bars in this shit. It starts warming up tomorrow. It has been a very good winter here actually. No major snow storms or cold snaps.
Jesus Draisaitl, what didn’t u like with Bailey? She was a smoke show

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I love what the Beatles represent and acknowledge fully they were a cultural revolution basically and I admire all of them and if I had a choice of meeting Paul McCartney or Jerry Seinfeld, I'd choose McCartney without hesitation.

*That* said, I was born after the Beatles broke up so I don't really have as much of a nostalgic tie to their music as it was coming out. They have some beautiful songs, some of their songs are genius, don't get me wrong, but it's not like my favorite genre of music.

I pick Seinfeld. I grew up with that show, and it would help pass time better (several hundred episodes at 22 minutes each is way larger than the Beatles catalog).

And it probably would help you from going to loopy ala Tom Hanks in Castaway, watching people have conversations which is Seinfeld's speciality basically. Don't want to end up talking to a volleyball after 2-3 years. And it'd provide levity and humor.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Yawn. Seinfeld is overrated. Can’t watch that shit. Not my kind of humour. Friends was better. Frasier was better.
Friends was just Seinfeld again with crappier jokes. Watch the shared jokes side by side and you will see what I mean.

I said I love you she said I’m hungry.
I said I love you she said I love cake.

Same joke but Seinfeld had a way better delivery.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Do you remember when she lived in Halifax and was on the radio ? We should have gone and met her. 🥲

Oh my dear sweet baby Jesus yes.

How cold did it get down your way? I read article Brent Ashton sent to us and couple spots were 47 in Atlantic Canada. This was fuking brutal. Not use to this crap. How come everytime we get any kinda weather now around this parts it’s a gong show?

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Great looking ladies !

What station in Halifax?
C-100 if memory serves me.

How cold did it get down your way? I read article Brent Ashton sent to us and couple spots were 47 in Atlantic Canada. This was fuking brutal. Not use to this crap. How come everytime we get any kinda weather now around this parts it’s a gong show?
It was f***ing cold. Like minus 36 with windchill maybe ? Apologies to all Albertans for sounding wimpy but we aren’t used to this stuff

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Ya I’d walk away from Mrs Kotter too. Maybe it’s those goggles. I had to Google her. She was in a series of MASH episode that I really enjoyed back in the day. Learned something today. Mindless trivia, but I still fired the synapses!
Hot Lips Houlihan had some nice ta-tas

Hot Lips Houlihan had some nice ta-tas
1675612076830.png

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
im gonna drop this here... AI generated Seinfeld episodes. with its own random sound stingers, laugh track and animations.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Tulsi Gabbard for the W. Plus I could listen to her all day. All this and brains too.
She's got my vote!

On the subject of hot musicians/politicians/celebrities, Susan Tedeschi from The Tedeschi Trucks Band is pretty decent looking, has a great voice and plays some pretty good guitar.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad