OT: Bears & NFL Talk 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
This needs to be talked about more.

Stroud is to Poles as Mahomes is to Pace.
I wonder if Fields lack of success hurt Stroud's stock a tad coming in to the draft? There's that stigma out there that OSU QB's bomb in the nfl. That they play with superior athletes and dont get tested in college. Finally someone blew up that theory. Good for Houston I guess. We still did just fine in this thing.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I wonder if Fields lack of success hurt Stroud's stock a tad coming in to the draft? There's that stigma out there that OSU QB's bomb in the nfl. That they play with superior athletes and dont get tested in college. Finally someone blew up that theory. Good for Houston I guess. We still did just fine in this thing.
If Williams is good it's fine I guess, but I kinda doubt that. It's so hard to hit on a QB.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Williams is good it's fine I guess, but I kinda doubt that. It's so hard to hit on a QB.

Why do you assume Williams will be QB the Bears select?

Maye is right there with him and could go #1 (Depending on if Bears or team trading up feels) and Daniels is right there behind them

I dont see Bears taking 2nd tier group QB (McCarthy/Nix/Penix) at this point so it will be another year of FIelds (I f***ing hope not) or one of the big 3 at this draft

I have this horrible feeling he's gonna stick with Fields.

Yeah, that Raider trade is never happening

Raiders hang up phone and block Poles #

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
This is the thing, I think Fields is ok in the same way that Cutler was ok. They need to shoot higher at the QB position.

Reactions: Pez68

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Nah I much rather have D.J. Moore + Wright + Stevenson + this #1 overall.

Now whatever Poles decides to do with this #1 overall pick is when you can question him right or wrong.
Sorry, but having a guy like Stroud>>>whatever the Bears got in return for last year's #1.

It's all about the Quarterback. If you were Houston would you trade CJ Stroud for anything? No. There's no price high enough to trade that guy.

Reactions: Idionym

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Unless Stroud leads that team to a Super Bowl win, you are 100% wrong. And I think Caleb will be even better than Stroud. Maybe Maye too.
The only way that's true is if the QB the Bears choose this year is better than Stroud.

I would easily have Stroud over the package from last year. It happened to finish 1.01 so obviously I wouldn't re-do it, but you're crazy if you think a RT and a CB and a 2nd and a 1st are worth a franchise QB. Like crazy crazy.
Also DJ Moore, but the point still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad