OT: Bears & NFL Talk 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
This team is so bad in so many areas that the margin for error is miniscule. One weak link or bad play leads to a cascade of bad plays and more times than not leads to a loss.

Tevon Jenkins was active for the game but for some reason didn't play - instead Scofield played and was terrible. You have a weak link on the o-line and it makes both the running game and passing game suffer which is what happened yesterday. Couple Scofields play with Mustipher's play and Herbert being out and the offense was all put on Fields because the "normal" run game wasn't working and Fields didn't have time to make the passing game work as well as it needed.

Then the defense was as bad as it has been and a lousy team like the Falcons score 27 ... at least it was below 30!

Then the special teams give up a TD on a kickoff and the complete team loss - all 3 phases - was achieved.

The good news is - as of right now the Hawks have the 3rd pick in the draft. With 7 weeks left that's subject to change and probably will but at least for right now it makes the miserable loss yesterday a little easier to take.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
This team is so bad in so many areas that the margin for error is miniscule. One weak link or bad play leads to a cascade of bad plays and more times than not leads to a loss.

Tevon Jenkins was active for the game but for some reason didn't play - instead Scofield played and was terrible. You have a weak link on the o-line and it makes both the running game and passing game suffer which is what happened yesterday. Couple Scofields play with Mustipher's play and Herbert being out and the offense was all put on Fields because the "normal" run game wasn't working and Fields didn't have time to make the passing game work as well as it needed.

Then the defense was as bad as it has been and a lousy team like the Falcons score 27 ... at least it was below 30!

Then the special teams give up a TD on a kickoff and the complete team loss - all 3 phases - was achieved.

The good news is - as of right now the Hawks have the 3rd pick in the draft. With 7 weeks left that's subject to change and probably will but at least for right now it makes the miserable loss yesterday a little easier to take.
It’s the Bears currently at 3 but reality is it’s somewhere between 2 and 9 right now (3 win teams)
The Hawks right now are 6th to 8th.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Sounds like there's internal discussion about whether or not to shut Fields down.
What I get from this is that he's probably out through the bye, and they want to weigh whether bringing him back for the last 3 weeks is worth it.
In a lost season, I don't see why they'd bring him back. He showed a lot this year, get him ready for 2023 with a real OL.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Selfishly, I want to see Fields reach 1,000 yards rushing (he's only 166 yards away) and still gain experience he sorely needs, but I can't fault them for shutting him down either.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

Sounds like there's internal discussion about whether or not to shut Fields down.
What I get from this is that he's probably out through the bye, and they want to weigh whether bringing him back for the last 3 weeks is worth it.
In a lost season, I don't see why they'd bring him back. He showed a lot this year, get him ready for 2023 with a real OL.

He desperately needs reps and times throwing the ball. Anything post bye week with potential of Claypool being IN the offense is helpful.

Seems to be weighing if they're going to do a surgery or not

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Got to explain to my four year-old son that the Cardinals are the bad guys because they abandoned Chicago and hurt his great grandpa's feelings as a Chicago Cardinals fan.

Multigenerational animosity, baby.

• Haha
Reactions: x Tame Impala

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
He desperately needs reps and times throwing the ball. Anything post bye week with potential of Claypool being IN the offense is helpful.

Seems to be weighing if they're going to do a surgery or not
This is pretty typical Eberflus speak. He won't commit publicly to anything until he has to. The exception is when the injury requires a long time (i.e. multiple weeks, possible IR) for recovery. He says as little as required in order to maintain any competitive advantage.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago

This would be insane. Even if he's just slightly banged up (he's definitely more than slightly banged up), just give him one week off regardless. Absolutely no reason to rush him back this quickly.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
They are going to make him active to "mess" with the Jets, have him out there on some weird plays where he lines up at WR and we wee a classic 6-3 game.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Eberflus just had his press conf. Fields is day-to-day, limited in practice today. Medical staff did clear him for limited. Said Fields feels okay and sounds like he'll be taking the snaps in the walk-thru practice today. For about first 10min media kept asking about Fields condition. Flus was consistent with his "We'll see how it goes." Apparently the reporters have a hard time with the day-to-day concept. Goofs. L Patrick is done for the season after toe surgery a couple of weeks ago.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Watching the scores trent different weekly thing he went on that Fields absolutely needs to play to show the guys he's in there banged up like them.

Then again the center is out from a toe injury, that seems bizarre and one lineman didn't start because he wasn't 100%. So Fields would be seemingly putting a lot more out there than some teammates

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Baker Mayfield I believe played with that same injury last season. Jimmy Garrapolo too. It isn't a death sentence. It's up to Fields how long he can tolerate pain but an injection shot and he'll be ready to go. Profootballdoc has a great piece and video of the Fields injur.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Baker Mayfield I believe played with that same injury last season. Jimmy Garrapolo too. It isn't a death sentence. It's up to Fields how long he can tolerate pain but an injection shot and he'll be ready to go. Profootballdoc has a great piece and video of the Fields injur.
A non throwing shoulder injury isn't a killer for a passer... but the issue is with the runs they still will be probably calling for him

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Brisker and Gordon both have concussions. Sunday is going to be a crap show. No reason to watch the Bears on Sunday, especially if Fields misses the game.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Jim Nantz with the called jinx on the Detroit kicker. Crazy. Didn’t miss a kick or PAT all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad