OT: Bears & NFL Talk 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Had an easy 1st down to pettis and threw a low percentage deep ball to mooney. No bueno

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Had an easy 1st down to pettis and threw a low percentage deep ball to mooney. No bueno

I'm OK with him taking shots like that.

This is a bad football team. Their offensive line is terrible and their receivers are terrible. Every Fields game is going to be an up and down roller coaster.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

This is a bad football team. Their offensive line is terrible and their receivers are terrible. Every Fields game is going to be an up and down roller coaster.
While this is true, and it's really hard to evaluate Fields based on the other 10 guys being average at best, at some point you have to have some sort of minimum threshold of performance.

Reactions: hawksrule

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

Im okay with takin chances, but also for the sake if development, Id like to see smart situational football too. Taking an easy 6-10 yards on 3rd and 4 in a 0-0 game trumps trying a 40yd low-percentage pass. If it was 1st or 2nd down, totally different story.

Yeah, it's not a good look. The navy helmets compliment the orange jerseys well.
Orange helmets with white or navy jerseys would be more interesting i think. Orange on orange is a little much for me.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Man this is hard to watch.

I don't mind the orange on orange, but wish they had more blue on the helmets. The Bear logo instead of the C could have been cool.

Reactions: Pez68

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Some in-game impressions:

- The first sack was entirely on Fields. Nobody, including a random average street person, should get sacked on that play, when the O-line provided that much time. Fields should've made the pass, or at least throw the ball away.

- Echoing what the Halas Intrigue podcast said, Fields wouldn't last long in this League, if he kept running and taking hits like the ones he received when he dived for the goal line. At a minimum that's a concussion waiting to happen.

- Why the heck did Jaylon Johnson yield so big of a cushion on 3rd-n-5, allowing Wash. to convert and get to almost mid-field, tilting the field position?

- Was that boos I hear on that Velus Jones fair catch? Lots of open lanes in front of him.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Fields sure seems to let one mistake snowball into more poor play. Looks like he's in his own head a lot. Who is working with him on keeping calm, and just taking it play by play? That's usually the vet backup's job.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
And another, at best that's a 5 yard holding penalty, I don't think the ball was even in the air

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Welp, better pray they have some sort if epiphany at the half

If I were Wash., I'd call that deep pass again.
Its one of those plays that will work once or twice against a cover two. Can't blow your opportunities. Thank god samuel stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad