OT: Bears & NFL Talk 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Hicks staying. Couldn’t find a trade taker. Oft injured and getting old but we saw how bad the D was without him

Re: Fuller - one year deal and signed for $5M less than he would have made with Bears. Seems like a really bad decision for Fuller but more telling that Pace couldn’t rework Fuller’s contract to keep him

Pace is simply terrible at his job. Not average. Not mediocre, but terrible.

He's mediocre.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I was about to ask if this is legit or what. I saw he tried to get out and ahead of it a week ago but it seems like every headline I’ve seen since is another woman stepping forward.
I'm not sure what to think. Theres 11 lawsuits I think and all come from the same attorney. And to this point none have called the police as far as I know.

I guess they all deserve the benefit of the doubt, so we'll see how it plays out.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I was about to ask if this is legit or what. I saw he tried to get out and ahead of it a week ago but it seems like every headline I’ve seen since is another woman stepping forward.
I want to be careful about this because there does seem to be a lot of mounting evidence against him. I am not saying he's not a bad guy or that these women shouldn't come forward.

I do think the timing is certainly a bit fishy. Watson starts making noises about not wanting to play in Houston anymore and suddenly he is knee deep in lawsuits brought by an attorney who is the Texans owner's neighbor?

I'm not saying I'm doubting the women, that he isn't guilty or anything like that. What I do think is that this is probably a much broader issue in the NFL (not exactly what Watson is accused of specifically, but you get the idea) and he's being targeted because he is making waves. Again, not saying he doesn't deserve it or anything like that, I just wouldn't be surprised at all if that is what is going on here.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I'm not sure what to think. Theres 11 lawsuits I think and all come from the same attorney. And to this point none have called the police as far as I know.

I guess they all deserve the benefit of the doubt, so we'll see how it plays out.

I saw a very interesting article about 'why no police reports'. Attorneys regularly advise their clients NOT to go the criminal angle, but rather civil.

With civil, you'll be eligible for monetary damages and frankly, there's no other damage you can exact. What other recourse does a person have? You can't flog the accused in the public square.

And for criminal cases, the claimant is often dragged through the mud with time consuming depositions, trials, etc. which take up massive amounts of time, stress and public ridicule when going after a high profile sports hero.

It was a very eye opening article for me - changed my mind about the 'it's a big money grab' thing.

Perhaps there are video/security tapes, perhaps other things, but unfortunately it comes down to he said/she said. For Watson, there are a bunch of shes that are saying - which is not good for him in the real world or in the court of public opinion. Bold prediciton: 2021-22 season, he's not playing...

Reactions: Sarava

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You dont remember Jones?

He started for two years at LB and was pretty solid and parlayed that into deal that saw him as starter in Detroit for 3 years

As for Carson he is a special teamer , Has been for a few years now
I literally don't. But I guess that was the least interested era I had for this team but I was looking that up.

Houston Carter I get being like who? He had the pick to end week 1 and maybe tbr deflection on Bradys 2nd 3rd down pass. He seems okay depth. Along with Bush but is one of them starter now? Who is starting opposite Jackson is the question.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Innocent until proven guilty, but when there's that much smoke....there's usually a fire. Not looking good.

Yeah

Honestly it is reminding me of Sharper

People were dismissive at first claims and more just kept coming

Also why would one need to hire what thus far seems to be at least two dozen different masseuses?

Not saying it means he is guilty or anything but the sheer # of different woman he hired raises an eyebrow from me

That doesn't seem normal behavior to me

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarava

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yeah

Honestly it is reminding me of Sharper

People were dismissive at first claims and more just kept coming

Also why would one need to hire what thus far seems to be at least two dozen different masseuses?

Not saying it means he is guilty or anything but the sheer # of different woman he hired raises an eyebrow from me

That doesn't seem normal behavior to me

Typically to assist with sports-related tightness and soreness, you would find a professional and stick with them. He seems like just a creep and should have hired someone specializing in that type of service.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, this is really not looking good for Watson. Dude looks like a serial predator at this point. I'm always the innocent until proven guilty guy... this just doesn't look very good right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad