OT: Bears & NFL Talk 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yeah, this is really not looking good for Watson. Dude looks like a serial predator at this point. I'm always the innocent until proven guilty guy... this just doesn't look very good right now.
I learned three things from the Kane incident:
1. The accused should be considered innocent until proven guilty/liable.
2. The accusers should be heard and the evidence should be investigated thoroughy
3. It's important for the public to not draw any conclusions until the evidence is debated in court.

That being said, this sounds a lot like the Bill Cosby shit and usually when there are that many women it's at the very least alarming.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
2. The accusers should be heard and the evidence should be investigated thoroughy
3. It's important for the public to not draw any conclusions until the evidence is debated in court.

That being said, this sounds a lot like the Bill Cosby shit and usually when there are that many women it's at the very least alarming.

Keep in mind, this is a civil suit and not criminal so the legal 'burden' is different.

In the instance of Kane, it was one person who had an interesting history and some bizarre family behavior. She's gone on to instagram fame.

With Watson, it's a bevy of accusers and what looks to be a pattern.

And you are correct, it does sound like some Cosby shit.

Regardless, in this metoo era, his goose is cooked. I know elite QB talent is rare and the right team would sign Dahmer if he could throw a tight spiral, but this makes a guy very very toxic.

I'd bet he doesn't play another down in the NFL.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Yeah, I'm aware of all of this. I'm one of the few on here who defended Kane, and didn't jump to conclusions immediately. I literally just said "I'm the innocent until proven guilty guy" in the post you quoted... I was just pointing out this looks awful right now.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

The difference being one accuser vs. dozens. At this point it's not looking good.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yeah, I'm aware of all of this. I'm one of the few on here who defended Kane, and didn't jump to conclusions immediately. I literally just said "I'm the innocent until proven guilty guy" in the post you quoted... I was just pointing out this looks awful right now.
I was unfortunately one of those who thought that it looked really bad until it didn't.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The difference being one accuser vs. dozens. At this point it's not looking good.
I'm not comparing the situations, I'm pointing out the proper way as a neutral party to approach the situation.

Like I said earlier, usually when there's dozens of accusers there's at least some truth to the accusations.

That being said, let him have his day in court.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I have no idea the validity to some of these Watson allegations, so I’m not going to spread it in case they’re BS..... but yikes. It’s not looking good for him.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
And what looks to be a pattern of weird behavior regardless.

The Kane situation was a night of a bunch of dudes drinking in a bar and hooking up with some chicks and 'let's go back to my crib' thing.

The Watson thing is like Cosby - a pattern of bizarre behavior over a long period of time involving multiple women. Sober, time to think about it, etc.

Dude is done!

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I'm not comparing the situations, I'm pointing out the proper way as a neutral party to approach the situation.

Like I said earlier, usually when there's dozens of accusers there's at least some truth to the accusations.

That being said, let him have his day in court.

He won't have his day in court. These are civil lawsuits, not criminal charges.

A criminal investigation may follow, but in this instance, he'll likely settle for a lot of money and be out of football.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He won't have his day in court. These are civil lawsuits, not criminal charges.

A criminal investigation may follow, but in this instance, he'll likely settle for a lot of money and be out of football.
Civil lawsuits sometimes go to court. He may think it's worth it to take the thing the whole way through because if he settles he could end up getting thrown out of the NFL.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Missed all of 2020 after opting out (His mother cancer diagnosis was what made him decide to opt out)

Shitty RB in Miami for 4 years , Had success at times as rotation back in KC high power offense

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015

Missed all of 2020 after opting out (His mother cancer diagnosis was what made him decide to opt out)

Shitty RB in Miami for 4 years , Had success at times as rotation back in KC high power offense

Honestly, I had to google who he was.

The Dalton signing was controversial and made a 'splash'.

All of these other signings are depth picks or a whole buncha 'just a guy'.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's good to have a backup RB who is a legit running back.

Not a gadget player like Cohen or Patterson or basically a fullback in Nall

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad