Bears & NFL Talk 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Daniel Jones having a nice debut, 336 yards, 2 TDs passing and 2 running
He actually looks pretty good. Good composure in the pocket. However, having watched him at Dook, he is Jay Cutler like. He is turnover prone.

Let's not forget, Trubisky also threw for 6 TDs against Tampa. NFL defenses will adjust like they did to Mitch and Baker. Then the QBs have to readjust.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Bears offense needs to come out and make a statement tonight. Whatever happened to the great starts of scripted plays? I'm nervously excited for tonight's game. It would do Mitch's confidence wonders to play well on national TV.

By the way, MNF really has some stinkers this year...

-Jets v. Browns last week
-Bears v. Washington tonight
-Bengals v. Steelers, Dolphins v. Steelers, Pats v. Jets all coming up

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I generally try to be pretty level headed and not overact to early season results. But tonight feels as close to a must win for a 1-1 team that I can remember, given the rest of the division and the uneasiness about the offense thus far.

Agree completely. Need to be sitting at 3-1 after 4.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I’m expecting 2-2. Vikings had an early game yesterday, and we have a road MNF game. Next week is going to be tough.
Usually, the team that plays a MNF game gets to play at home the next Sunday. The less travel day kind of even out the less day to prepare. That said, it's never easy playing the next Sunday after Monday Night. The key is Kirk is the QB for the Vikings. He is the nicer version of Jay Cutler. Regardless, like you said, it will be a tough game. If the Bears stop their zone blocking running game, we will win.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Week 1 - 10 pass attempts.
Week 2 - 32 pass attempts.
Week 3 - 21 pass attempts.

You gotta shut their run down and put the ball in his hands. Absolute must.

If any team can shut their run down, it would be the Bears, IMO. To this point, the Bears are allowing an average of 68.5 rushing yards per game. That's 10 yards less than their average on the season last year.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If we merely had a mediocre offense, I'd be confident in starting 4-0 this season with competition in front of us and with our defense.

As it stands now, I'll take 2-2.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Already ruled out for next week

Honestly Allen looked pretty damn good the kid plays like that again and takes Panthers to .500 and I don't think Ron can just give the job back to Cam given his job is on line and Cam looks done

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Washington defense is pretty bad so far, giving up 455 yrds/game and 31.5ppg. So if Trubisky and the Bears cannot find their offense and win against Washington, my anxiety level will skyrocket about the Bears.

Besides the Bears have lost 7 straight (and 13 of 15 since 1989) against the Washington NFL Franchise, so that needs to change.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
ESPN MNF crew just ripping open the gaping wound with this Watson/Mahomes/Trubisky discussion

if jock itch mitch struggles all year, bears need to just cut their losses and not waste next season as well. Go out and sign Kaepernick, he can be had for cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad