Bears & NFL Talk 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedarded

meow
Mar 21, 2013
The correct course of action when you make a mistake that big is to fire the GM and scouts. There is no use complaining about something that you can't change.

Pace missing on Trubisky is a fireable offense. It would be the same for Bowman if he misses on Dach.

Unfortunately, the fans can't hold management accountable.

Just because someone makes a poor draft choice doesn't mean they should be fired Imo, hopefully people are able to learn from their mistakes. it was a shit pick though.Comparable to was it Talon?on the Cam Barker pick?

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
It's only been 2 1/4 seasons but I'm already sick of Bears fans whining about Mahomes and Watson. They're not here, Pace messed up, get over it already. Also, each QB/Situation is dependent on the coaching staff. Maybe if Watson is a Bear and Trubisky is a Chief we're having the same conversation. I don't want to hear *****ing and moaning for the next decade plus.

One of the worst press conferences in Bears history...

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not when the GM gas otherwise put together a super bowl caliber team. Pace will be allowed to pick another QB, much to the displeasure of some, but the next qb pick will be his last if he screws up.

Missing on mitch does not erased the other good moves he has made.

Mitch looks like he could be a big miss, but like you say, the rest of the team is really strong and Paces deserves credit for that. The coach he hired has a .750 winning percent in his 1st 20 games. Paces job should in no way be in jeopardy at this time.

Pace will need to figure out what to do at qb going forward. Does Mitch show enough to stick with him? Do you bring in an average veteran QB to compete?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Not when the GM gas otherwise put together a super bowl caliber team. Pace will be allowed to pick another QB, much to the displeasure of some, but the next qb pick will be his last if he screws up.

Missing on mitch does not erased the other good moves he has made.
It's a huge, massive screw up though. You're right that he's done awesome outside of that. If I'm Pace I'm doing both of these things:
1. Bring in a vet QB for competition for Trubisky. This team is built to win now and Mitch should have to earn the gosh darn job.
2. Draft Jake Fromm with the Raiders pick OR trade the Bears 2nd rounder for Josh Rosen or Dwayne Haskins, if either falls out of favor with their current team.

Have a camp competition and may the best man win. No special treatment for Trubisky. If Trubisky doesn't win the job, cut him. Should Trubisky not win the job, they have a developmental QB that can sit for a year or two so that they see what they have.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Mitch looks like he could be a big miss, but like you say, the rest of the team is really strong and Paces deserves credit for that. The coach he hired has a .750 winning percent in his 1st 20 games. Paces job should in no way be in jeopardy at this time.

Pace will need to figure out what to do at qb going forward. Does Mitch show enough to stick with him? Do you bring in an average veteran QB to compete?

It's almost a mirror image of Lovie/Jerry Angelo era. Bears had playmakers on Defense with Tommie Harris, Urlacher, Mike Brown and guys like Lance Briggs was a 7 time pro bowler. Almost left out Peanut Tilman who was huge with causing turnovers by punching the ball out.

Both teams struggle with consistency on offense.

Cutler had all the attributes but he had 2 things going against him. Interceptions and could never be "The Guy" to be the difference maker when playing the Packers. Cutler was 2-11 vs. Green Bay.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's almost a mirror image of Lovie/Jerry Angelo era. Bears had playmakers on Defense with Tommie Harris, Urlacher, Mike Brown and guys like Lance Briggs was a 7 time pro bowler. Almost left out Peanut Tilman who was huge with causing turnovers by punching the ball out.

Both teams struggle with consistency on offense.

Cutler had all the attributes but he had 2 things going against him. Interceptions and could never be "The Guy" to be the difference maker when playing the Packers. Cutler was 2-11 vs. Green Bay.
That's all true. It's a very familiar position to be in as a bears fan. Great defense with questions at qb holding the team back.

Don't think that means firing pace is the answer though

JCraw1

Jul 22, 2014
I am sure it has been mentioned but just realized the Hawks played in Prague on Friday and the Bears play in London Sunday. Only a 12 hour drive. Wish I could have afforded to do that!

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I never expected Tilman to coach or anything despite him possibly being a great position coach. He would state he really didn't love football, like as a fan or anything and loved basketball but he was great at football.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Gruden on facing the Bears....Raiders have to be feeling good at 2-2. This is going to be a close one. Bears have no offense this year to pull away from games.

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
What? I just googled it, that's amazing! I love this guy even more. How many ex successful NFL players become FBI agents?
I don't know if he's an active FBI agent ... but he took all the training / tests before the cut off age. I know Peanut is still doing amazing work for the community though.

EDIT: My bad ... I see he's actually an active FBI agent. Impressive.

Last edited:

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Gruden on facing the Bears....Raiders have to be feeling good at 2-2. This is going to be a close one. Bears have no offense this year to pull away from games.

I suspect this game will be as close of you think. Not saying blowout but a game that Oakland never had a chance to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad