And for the ladies:

images
images
images
il_170x135.384474375_fb11.jpg

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Guess I better shave tomorrow, because it is going to (hopefully) be a while before I can shave again.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Trimming mine tomorrow (not completely off, just cutting it short), praying for a long time between the next shave.

Clarification question: does the neckline count, and can it be touched up? Seat belts grabbing the tiny neck hairs send me into a blind rage. While I can handle the occasional rage, I'd like to know if I'm breaking protocol.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Trimming mine tomorrow (not completely off, just cutting it short), praying for a long time between the next shave.

Clarification question: does the neckline count, and can it be touched up? Seat belts grabbing the tiny neck hairs send me into a blind rage. While I can handle the occasional rage, I'd like to know if I'm breaking protocol.

I know there are players that trim during the playoffs. Trim the neck if you want/need to, but I think the idea is to not shave at all. I hate shaving anyway; I never shave smooth (razor) if I don't have to. I just used the old "beard trimmer" with no guard on, that's as low as I comfortably go. I don't plan to shave again until it's over.

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
I usually chop it all off (I keep a trimmed beard) the first day of the playoffs and then let it grow out freely in wild, germanic style for the duration of the playoffs.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
For those with corporate jobs - do playoff goatees count? What are options for those that can't grow playoff beards??!!?? ::help::

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
For those with corporate jobs - do playoff goatees count? What are options for those that can't grow playoff beards??!!?? ::help::

Just look at Andreychuk holding the Stanley Cup up after game 7. He seems to (for the most part) only have a goatee. I assume that he could grow more than that if he wasn't shaving. Vinny appears to have no facial hair in the same pics, but that may be because his beard doesn't really grow. Traditionally I believe that players don't shave for the duration of the playoffs. But, many players do shave/trim anyway. Fans don't have to grow anything anyway if they don't want, but I think some of us just do it to show support or out of superstition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad