GDT: Beanpot 2014

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Decent game; BU actually decided to put forth some effort tonight.

IMO, I think NU is going to beat the snot out of BC though..

I really hope so. Not a fan of BC, usually root for the underdogs in the Beanpot (in Hockey East I root for UNH) and my younger daughter just started her freshman year at Northeastern.

Northeastern is having a good year this year and this may be the year for them to win.

My daughter (pep band) couldn't play at the game yesterday (she had a lab) but she can attend the game next week.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
hope he turns out better than the scrub tommy cross

scrub? what a dope you are. he developed into a very good college dman and it's not like he's disappeared off the face of the earth. he's playing regularly in the AHL. hate the bruins for drafting him but the kid is pure class.

Decent game; BU actually decided to put forth some effort tonight.

BC has already beaten NU twice this year and hasn't lost in a long time now. I think there's a good chance NU wins, but "beat the snot out of BC"...not happening.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston

BC hasn't lost since Thanksgiving. When a team isn't even losing in their worst performances, odds are this isn't going to happen, especially in the Beanpot title.

All things considered this could end up being one of the best Beanpot finals in recent memory. Rest assured it won't be if Northeastern can't keep its composure.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Huskies took it handily but wtf refs...

cant wait till mext week. bc sucks.

Edit left the night game after 2 looks like it turned out to be a good game, expected bc to crush nu...
BC sucks? If the #2 ranked team in the country sucks, I guess that doesn't say much for NCAA hockey. Who knows, you, like many on this site, may not even give a damn.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
BC sucks? If the #2 ranked team in the country sucks, I guess that doesn't say much for NCAA hockey. Who knows, you, like many on this site, may not even give a damn.

obviously bc doesn't actually suck... year over year they never suck. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to say they suck. Just as all the bc bandwagon superfans will say northeastern/bu sucks regardless.

I'm hoping northeastern actually comes in good numbers for the game next week. the early game is rough to get to but no excuse next week. Northeastern has one of their best chances in recent memory to win it. As long as witt plays solid and they stay out of the box it will be one hell of a game.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
obviously bc doesn't actually suck... year over year they never suck. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to say they suck. Just as all the bc bandwagon superfans will say northeastern/bu sucks regardless.

I'm hoping northeastern actually comes in good numbers for the game next week. the early game is rough to get to but no excuse next week. Northeastern has one of their best chances in recent memory to win it. As long as witt plays solid and they stay out of the box it will be one hell of a game.
I'm looking forward to Monday night's finale, too. Huskies looked good in soundly whipping Teddy's team.

BTW, I'm a BC fan who has never said NU sucks....BU neither. College hockey in this area is of a very high calibre. If BC is not in the NCAA playoffs I root for the local teams.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA

Not sure why you have to take a shot at BC fans. To say they are bandwagoners is just a plain lie. They have been filling up Conte's student sections for years now.

Even the football team who has been bad for a few years now constantly has had full student sections for each game.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Not sure why you have to take a shot at BC fans. To say they are bandwagoners is just a plain lie. They have been filling up Conte's student sections for years now.

Even the football team who has been bad for a few years now constantly has had full student sections for each game.

Don't be so sensitive. It is just trash talk.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
scrub? what a dope you are. he developed into a very good college dman and it's not like he's disappeared off the face of the earth. he's playing regularly in the AHL. hate the bruins for drafting him but the kid is pure class.

BC has already beaten NU twice this year and hasn't lost in a long time now. I think there's a good chance NU wins, but "beat the snot out of BC"...not happening.

congrats I guess. he was a waste of a pick and can barely keep up in the AHL.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

the beanpot would be no fun if I didn't take shots at bc... :help: its all in fun.

And i did not mean the students/alum if you went to bc you have a good reason to cheer. I meant the other people who show up when bc is favored and go to the second weekend only...

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

His disdain for Tommy Cross is well chronicled in these threads.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
congrats I guess. he was a waste of a pick and can barely keep up in the AHL.

Scrub is a bad choice of words, God knows the Bruins have drafted plenty of guys that Didn't pan out. Cross was in my mind go big or go home in that draft.

No issue with that pick other than his health (yes that was an issue) and that turned out to be a Major factor in his development as a player in my view.

I would always be trading down to get more second picks considering where the Bruins are normally drafting (there own picks). Most drafts from the 11 pick down threw end of the second round is where you find your treasures.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA

I went to plenty of BC football games, the students were lucky if they could fill up their section before halftime. Terrible atmosphere for most sports. #2 hockey team in the country and Conte is still only filled to 80% for hockey, and well basketball support is a joke. The Superfans :laugh:
BDhDeQCCcAArxWD.jpg-large-480x360.jpg

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
re: beanpot

a lot of people that go don't attend any other game(s) all year...it's not limited to people rooting for bc. bc had by far the biggest student turnout monday.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
yes, basketball fan support is very poor right now. football energy has already improved under new coach. and no, hockey doesn't sell out every game but i follow college hockey very closely. for a non-state school, bc hockey fan support is just fine.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Alright folks, so after the previous Monday we have Harvard and BU squaring off in the consolation game at 4:30 PM today, and Northeastern taking on BC in the title game at 7:30 PM. Here are my predictions:

BU 3, Harvard 1. The Terriers young talent looking to prove themselves is the difference in a game that both teams couldn't care less about.

BC 4, Northeastern 3. The Huskies put up a rousing fight, but BC's speed and overwhelming top line take advantage of a lack of discipline.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
yes, basketball fan support is very poor right now. football energy has already improved under new coach. and no, hockey doesn't sell out every game but i follow college hockey very closely. for a non-state school, bc hockey fan support is just fine.

Football has already improved? Attendance dropped over 4,000 this past season, the biggest attendance drop in the ACC. If by improved you mean students actually get in before the 2nd quarter starts then maybe you're on to something. With the #1 hockey team in the country the hockey support should be just fine.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Football has already improved? Attendance dropped over 4,000 this past season, the biggest attendance drop in the ACC. If by improved you mean students actually get in before the 2nd quarter starts then maybe you're on to something. With the #1 hockey team in the country the hockey support should be just fine.
He said "football energy has already improved under the new coach". True, there have been a couple of down years under Spaziani, 2012 being the worst in a very long time. Many of the fans who come to the games have no BC connection but come because it is the only big time college football in the region.

With the Eagles making a turn around and qualifying for a bowl game this season, I'm sure you'll see a corresponding rise in attendance. Addazio seems to generate a lot of enthusiasm. He's also known as a good recruiter.

Looking forward to tonight's final. It's the only game in town right now. Olympic hockey doesn't start till Wednesday.

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
Can't wait for the game tonight. As an NU fan, I fully expect my excitement/optimism to turn into full blown depression. As it does every year in February.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
He said "football energy has already improved under the new coach". True, there have been a couple of down years under Spaziani, 2012 being the worst in a very long time. Many of the fans who come to the games have no BC connection but come because it is the only big time college football in the region.

With the Eagles making a turn around and qualifying for a bowl game this season, I'm sure you'll see a corresponding rise in attendance. Addazio seems to generate a lot of enthusiasm. He's also known as a good recruiter.

Looking forward to tonight's final. It's the only game in town right now. Olympic hockey doesn't start till Wednesday.

I agree Addazio has done a good job after Spaz ran that program into the ground.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
i will say NU looks better than in previous years. before they've looked very overmatched, this year they only look slightly overmatched

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad