Be A Pro Thread

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Guys I need help getting assists, Every time I try a cross crease pass it's been hitting a defensemans stick and bouncing in or over the goalies pads.

I'm not complaining about the free goals, but it's to the point of giving up open nets just to record an assist.

Should I take shots from point for rebounds? keep trying to pass? cycle it more?

Can I have those Dmen? Haha. None of them ever get sticks on those when I'm in goal.

I gave up on passing through the Dmen ages ago. Try passing to your dman on point, I've had infinitely more success with that

Edit: Or if you have the chance, get behind the net.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Started my first pro season with Florida and got sent down to the WHL before the preseason even started...

Luckily I saved before that so I just loaded the game again and apparently I was good enough to stick with the team this time. Played through every pre-season game and was on the opening day roster on the 3rd pairing with Gudbranson. After 2 games, Campbell and Kulikov got hurt but apparently the Florida GM doesn't believe in calling up players from the minors because Mike Santorelli is playing on the 2nd pairing and I'm still on the 3rd pairing, only I'm paired with Marco Sturm. Still one of the leading scorers for my team too.

Also, the next game needs to increase the AI common sense mechanic when changing lines. I'm sick of hopping off the bench on the far side of the rink while we're pinned in our own zone only to get scored on and a -1 while I'm skating toward the play.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
My BAP:

402A0001_4_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_JCV.jpg

:laugh:

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
So me and the Canadiens win the presidents trophy, the first time I've been on a team to do so. Sweep the isles in round 1, take the Sabres to 7 games but unfortunately our d couldn't hold up in a 6-1 loss. So I am still chasing that elusive first cup now entering 2018. I do have a conundrum though. I am really thinking of requesting a trade, as my right hand man Patty Marleau left for free agency. I either play out my final year of my contract, or request a trade now. Its a tough life in the bigs.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
NHL 13 Logic:

- I win the Conn Smythe, as a 20 year old rookie, scoring 40 points in 21 games on the Superstar difficulty.

- in the offseason I increase my player from 79 overall to 82 overall

- Vancouver releases me to free agency

- the NYR are the only team to send me an offer - $0.7M for one year, even though I am 82 overall and have scored about 70 points in my first 40-something NHL games (end of reg. season + playoffs). I started in the AHL

- I simulate up the the preseason, and the Rangers demote me to the AHL before I even play a preseason game.

Good job EA :clap:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I don't know why I have never experienced a problem like this and I'm in 2018.

I went back and loaded an autosave, allowing me to re-sign with Vancouver.

I guess it was just a one-time thing, but still ridiculous.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

Just one of the reasons that I hope the new "Live the Life" will be more than just a new coat of paint to the old "Be A Pro". It definitely needs some attention but we might not really get it until NHL 15 comes out on the next-gen consoles.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I have a center. He is on easy difficulty. In his first year he won the Hart, Richard, Lady Byng, Art Ross, and Conn Smythe, while breaking a few records. Philly reluctantly extended me for 2 years at 1.4 million.

I'm hoping my goalie will be more realistic, what with the insanely strict standards applied to them.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Has anyone actually had any fun in Be a Goalie mode? It just seems so damn boring.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Has anyone actually had any fun in Be a Goalie mode? It just seems so damn boring.

I have tons of fun on goalie mode but can never bring myself to play more than a few games at a time. Never even finished a season as a goalie.

Way boring, but such is the life of a goalie. Actually, a big problem I have with the game is the lack of shots on net I receive. Lucky to get 15 shots over 3 periods. Upping the difficulty doesn't help with that, just makes the shots go in more often.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Yeah BAP Goalie sucks. They need to do something to it for 14, although I'm seriously considering trying to do a Luongo "Live the Life" haha.

Just started a BaP on Superstar Hardcore and, while I can still score, I can't get an assist to save my life. Also my guy just randomly loses the puck to nobody while skating up ice most of the time, so I guess 72 OVR = beer league player.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
It would be nice if you could request line combinations in BaP or something like that. I currently play on Vancouver's first line with Henrik Sedin and Alex Burrows - Daniel Sedin got bumped to the second line. It would be nice if I could ask the coach to move me to the right wing, so our first line could be:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Me

Alternatively, when I was on the second line, my linemates were Higgins and Raymond. They thought it would be brilliant to play Higgins at center, while playing Kesler on the third line and Derek Roy on the fourth line....

Use the Schwartz*

The logic is so flawed it's laughable.

Played my first year the in the Q, had a pretty incredible 95 points in 68 games (I always sim, only jumping in every 10 games or so in the 3rd to stay on the top line, so it's usually more around the 70-80 range my first year).

2nd year, I sim right through because I'm sick of having grinders and DFD playing on the 2nd and sometimes 1st line. Had 70 points, went in the 3rd round of the draft. Okay, fine.

But I somehow make my NHL team right out of the gate? I played the 1st preseason game, scored a goal, and simmed the rest. Usually, I play all the games and still get sent down until I'm old enough to make the AHL.

Had 6 points in the first game of the season, so I showed them I guess.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I hope NHL 14 gets this stuff right....

I get draft 1st overall. Get picked up by Tampa. Play my preseasn games and get put on the first line.

I placed 5th for over all points and had the 2nd most assists under Richards. We get elimanted in round 1 of the play offs. Second year go into the playoffs as president cup trophy winners and i locked the rocket richard. We get swept again first round. Our goalie just sucks. Asked to get trade says i have no value and not to ask again. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

So I start a season as Rick Nash. Play all 4 preseason games getting 2 goals and 1 assist in each. Regular season starts. Win 3 games scoring a point in each. 4 game sent down to the second line after we lose. Ugh... i dont even want to play this anymore.

Or how I can have my rookie have the most goals in the entire NHL and still not get any PP time.

DoubleDose86

Nov 23, 2010
Toronto
After taking every trophy I could for a forward (minus the lady, and selke) I come back to the Coyotes expecting no competition for RW, Doan just reitred.

Well after 8 games, I'm leading the league in G/A/Pts/+- and I get dropped to 2nd line duties for not having "heart" so i request a trade and get told they don't want to trade me for a sink...

end of year, finally back on the top line. Playing out my contract and going anywhere after. no trades, no moves besides doan retiring. i'm done in pheonix.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00