Be A GM/Dynasty thread III: Return of the GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Year Two in the Sabres re-build, and my big question is if this Team will tank or succeed.

Kane (86) - Ennis (85) - Gionta (85, C)
Larsson (83) - Helm (85) - Hodgson (84)
Grigerenko (82) - Girgensons (84) - Reinhart (80)
Richardson (83) - Kelly (81) - Dalpe (82)

Martin (86, A) - Bogosian (85, A)
Zadorov (82) - Pysyk (81)
Benoit (81) - Ristolainen (81)

Hackett (83) - Mcintyre (79)

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Trade center 2016
TradeCentre1-590x260.png

James Duthie here on trade center 2016, on what should be an exciting day. Joined here in studio by all your favorite TSN personnel. We reach the deadline point every year with a few contenders who all have a shot. This year that's not the case. The Winnipeg Jets are dominating the league and have caught everyone by surprise. Bob what can we expect to see from them and other teams today.

Bob: James, the Winnipeg Jets have overacheived and exceeded all expectations, they have the league 2 leading scorers at the moment in Andrew Ladd and Bryan Little and Blake Wheeler has 30 goals. All 3 along with Mark Scheiffle are enjoying career years, and Brett Connolly has been as well. Goaltending has been solid and Tyler Myers has been exactly what the doctor has ordered. The Jets have been clicking and have been near unstoppable posting a 47-10-6 record. They boast 3 lines that can hurt you and 4th line that isn't dead weight, their backend isn't amazing but it isn't shallow either. I'm told the Jets could add or stand pat, they will not move Andrew Ladd who is having a career year and could fetch a great return. The Jets would prefer to keep him around and try to re-sign him. Andrew Ladd has 84 points already, that's 13 more than Crosby, he will never match this total and will be a stretch for 60 next year, his value is as good as it gets. However Winnipeg is a young team that wants to win a few rounds.
TSNTC_02951-625x270.jpg

Darren: That's right Bob, there's a market for Gionta, Stuart, Pavelec and Ladd, however I doubt the Jets will be sellers, they have a good prospect pool and will take their chances given that everything is rolling. I'm told that they would consider making a play for a big name like Jakub Voracek who is on the market, however they won't give up Garland, Ehjlers or Lowry to get a deal done. They may want a goaltending upgrade however Eric Comrie is ripping up the AHL and could be ready as of next year. Patience may be the best move for the Jets, however I see them looking to add a top 4 defenceman and maybe a top 9 forward. I would not be surprised if they were quiet today.

James: Now teams like Montreal, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Chicago and the New York Rangers will be looking to add today, can these teams compete with the Jets ?

Bob: No doubt, each has a franchise player or elite talent that the Jets are lacking, these teams will be busy. I don't believe that Jets management believes their team is ready to win.

James: Who are the big names out there ?

Darren: Jakub Voracek is the biggest, followed by Dan Hamhuis and other names include the likes of Shane Doan, Simon Gagne, Francois Beauchemin, Anders Lindback, Marty Havlat, Tuomo Ruttuu and Chris Neil will attract interest.

Bob: I think Hamhuis could be moved and I would not be surprised if the Jets went after him as rental. He would add to their blueline. I think the Jets are looking for a pure rental due to their young players that are in the system however if the price is right Ward will pull the trigger on a trade.

James: Thanks Bob, we'll be back in a moment.

James: We're back and Bob and Darren have big news for us.

Darren: Vancouver is having a fire sale.

Bob: Sedin's are availbale.

Darren: Jets have interest in Kevin Bieksa.

Bob: Remember that Jets have a ton of cap space.

Gord: We have our first trade, Tampa sends Yannick Weber to St.Louis for Chandler Yakimowizcz and Dimitri Sergeev.

Darren: Jets have acquired Kevin Bieksa.

Gord: Alex Burrows has been traded.

Bob: Jets have had a busy day.

Gord: Winnipeg sends Ivan Nikolishin to Vancouver for Burrows and a 5th.

Pierre: Jets wanted more girt and size on the 3rd line, also felt they could use they added depth. Great move here.

Gord: Winnipeg has traded Brian Gionta to Detroit for Zach Natasiuk, and 2016 4th and 5th round picks.

Bob: Good move for the Wings, Jets don't have any room left for Gionta with the Burrows trade and they lose a bad contract.

Pierre: Jets want to restock a cupboard that they feel has been depleted since the summer.

Gord: 2 more Jets trades to announce, Mark Stuart to Anaheim for Matt Mistele and Kevin Bieksa is coming over in exchange for Artem Artemov and Anttii Kapaljainen.
bieksa-1.jpg

Pierre: Love this move for Winnipeg, Bieksa has a great shot, he's a rugged top 4 defenceman with a wealth of experience and he should make the Jets very tough to play against.

Gord: Not many notable trades today, Oilers went out and got backup goalie Reto Berra, Lightning add Ference.

James: With their trades today are the Jets now the team to beat in the West ?

Bob: Yes, they showed that they are to be taken seriously, Winnipeg will not be an easy matchup for anyone.

James: That's all for today. Join us at the draft where the action will be a plenty ! For TSN I'm James Duthie.

Last edited:

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
So now we have:

1. Screeech
2. Gamo
3. tezgm99
4. TheNuge
5. 99SvenBaertschi
6. NYRangers3061
7. TopJet
8. Leon Draisaitl
9. Packfan1022

What can the rules be? I was thinking something like this:

- Trade value: Hard
- Injuries: On
- Waivers: On
- Trades at anytime of the year
- You cannot trade up for the 1st overall unless you have a top 3 pick
- Have the latest rosters installed (Unless you can't get them, then just use the default rosters)
- No editing of prospects or players (unless its someone we agree on)

Do you guys agree? What else am I forgetting?

Also, what team? I narrowed it down the Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs, and the Arizona Coyotes

Stew17

Dec 15, 2014
So now we have:

1. Screeech
2. Gamo
3. tezgm99
4. TheNuge
5. 99SvenBaertschi
6. NYRangers3061
7. TopJet
8. Leon Draisaitl
9. Packfan1022

- Have the latest rosters installed (Unless you can't get them, then just use the default rosters)

Also, what team? I narrowed it down the Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs, and the Arizona Coyotes

I'm in
I say don't do Edmonton because in the game they're probably good bc They all have high potentials and great prospects.
I like Arizona or Toronto though

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
I'm in
I say don't do Edmonton because in the game they're probably good bc They all have high potentials and great prospects.
I like Arizona or Toronto though

Ok i'll add you in. I'll get the thread started tomorrow once we get the teams and rules decided.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Year Two in the Sabres re-build, and my big question is if this Team will tank or succeed.

I'd say it's bad, but not tanking. Depends on how Hackett plays though.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So now we have:

1. Screeech
2. Gamo
3. tezgm99
4. TheNuge
5. 99SvenBaertschi
6. NYRangers3061
7. TopJet
8. Leon Draisaitl
9. Packfan1022

:laugh: those are my 3 most common teams I use. Given the news about the rebuild, it'd be cool to do Toronto, and say you MUST deal Kessel and Phaneuf before the 1st trade deadline. It'd also mean each team is fairly unique. I'm not a fan of injuries because it's a pain to have to repeatedly edit lines, but I could live with it. Also, I'd say no editing players no matter what, because it puts those of us not playing on last gen at a disadvantage

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Ok i'll add you in. I'll get the thread started tomorrow once we get the teams and rules decided.

I'm starting to get more interested. And I vote we do the Maple Leafs, as long as we all agree on doing a re-build first, then see who can win the Cup first.

:laugh: those are my 3 most common teams I use. Given the news about the rebuild, it'd be cool to do Toronto, and say you MUST deal Kessel and Phaneuf before the 1st trade deadline. It'd also mean each team is fairly unique. I'm not a fan of injuries because it's a pain to have to repeatedly edit lines, but I could live with it. Also, I'd say no editing players no matter what, because it puts those of us not playing on last gen at a disadvantage

Yeah. Just set them to the lowest Injury Occurrence (25%), Injuries happen once every third quarter of the season with that Occurrence it seams like so it's not bad at all.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013

Yeah totally forgot about no editing on next-gen

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's not working for me :( on the 360:

1 - create player

2 - set his birthday accordingly (I even gave him McDavid's birthday)

3 - he draft locks to Anaheim

4 - move him to a junior team

5 - Go back to edit him

6 - can't change the Anaheim draft lock, regardless of what I change his birthday too.

What am I missing?

First thing you do is set his birthday old enough so you can change the team. Then set his real birthday.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Very cool Screech - I remember last year's GM challenges were amazing.

I'll sit this one out, but will definitely be reading. Bonus points for no McDavid ;)

Also - will give the Eichel draft birthday garbage another shot when I get back home. Doubt it'll work, I tried everything.

99SvenBaertschi

Jul 2, 2014
Sasktoon, SK, Canada
So now we have:

1. Screeech
2. Gamo
3. tezgm99
4. TheNuge
5. 99SvenBaertschi
6. NYRangers3061
7. TopJet
8. Leon Draisaitl
9. Packfan1022

EDITS: Trade Value: Hard
Injuries: On/Off I dont really know, I prefer them off because of constant line changes and such.
Waivers: On
No prospect edits.

EDIT: I think we should do 3 years. Because then it gives prospects a chance. After this we take a) the overalls of all the players on team and combine them to get highest overall or b) win percentage over the course of 3 seasons.

Just my thoughts, I'm down for whatever.

Hoping to start another after this one with the Vancouver Canucks or Winnipeg Jets.

Look for my Flames updates, coming soon!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My year 2 Buffalo Sabres after all the trades at the draft.

LW | C | RW
Evander Kane (87)|Ryan O'Reilly (A) (87)|Tyler Ennis (85)
Marcus Foligno (84)|Mathieu Perreault (82)|Chris Stewart (85)
Johan Larsson (84)|Zemgus Girgensons (82)|Mikhail Grigorenko (83)
Cody McCormick (77)|Matt Cullen (82)|Brian Gibbons (78)
Extras: Torrey Mitchell

LD | RD
Josh Gorges (C) (85)|Kimmo Timonen (83)
Tim Erixon (82)|Mark Pysyk (84)
Willie Mitchell (A) (80)|Rasmus Ristolainen (81)
Extras: Andre Benoit, Nikita Zadorov

Matt Hackett (84)|Jhonas Enroth (82)|Martin Brodeur (81)

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
So now we have:

1. Screeech
2. Gamo
3. tezgm99
4. TheNuge
5. 99SvenBaertschi
6. NYRangers3061
7. TopJet
8. Leon Draisaitl
9. Packfan1022

Looks good to me. I'll have to change a few players back to their original overalls like Mike Richards, etc...

Also I'd prefer to do Toronto if that's ok with you guys

Also can you post the link to the thread when you start it, thanks

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
EDITS: Trade Value: Hard
Injuries: On/Off I dont really know, I prefer them off because of constant line changes and such.
Waivers: On
No prospect edits.

EDIT: I think we should do 3 years. Because then it gives prospects a chance. After this we take a) the overalls of all the players on team and combine them to get highest overall or b) win percentage over the course of 3 seasons.

Just my thoughts, I'm down for whatever.

Hoping to start another after this one with the Vancouver Canucks or Winnipeg Jets.

Look for my Flames updates, coming soon!

It makes more sense to just see how quickly you can win a cup imo. If you cap it at 3 years, you may as well just trade every pick after year 1. And even those are questionable. They just won't develop enough

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
So a 28 year old Little who puts up 98 points drops to a 86... Connolly jumps to an 87 after a 50 point year...

Ladd and Wheeler who finished 1-2 in scoring through simming for the most part jump to 89.

I have a boat load of prospects in the AHL and even more unsigned.

I can trade both Ladd and Wheeler for a kings ransom.

I'm on the cusp of dynasty it's not funny.

Will post write ups on the playoffs and the draft and FA tomorrow.

Arnin77

Jul 14, 2014
So now we have:

1. Screeech
2. Gamo
3. tezgm99
4. TheNuge
5. 99SvenBaertschi
6. NYRangers3061
7. TopJet
8. Leon Draisaitl
9. Packfan1022

first time poster on this forum... I would be interested if there aren't too many people involved already - I've only played nhl 00, nhl 11 and now nhl 15... usually play all the games with injuries on and gm firing on...

what about agreeing on a team (I like Toronto; seems like they are the newest to start a rebuild) and being the first one to win a cup without being fired?

(also, Carolina, Vancouver, Philadelphia, Calgary, Pittsburgh and Washington all had new gms start this season.....)

I usually start at the draft with draft day default... don't know if that's an option (prospects don't have a bump though but it's when gms start basically)

I don't have much experience simming so i'm really game for whatever.. just wanted to offer some ideas as well :)

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It makes more sense to just see how quickly you can win a cup imo. If you cap it at 3 years, you may as well just trade every pick after year 1. And even those are questionable. They just won't develop enough

I say do it longer.

5-10 years, mandatory update post before the start of the season showing lines

3 years is nothing especially if doing a rebuild.

Can also have different criteria for measurement - cup wins, sure. But regular season points / wins totals, presidents trophies, playoff appearances, number of playoff rounds won, etc.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Think I figured out a way to get American prospects in the draft. Those suggesting birthday adjustments .. For some reason it just wouldn't work for me

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

I'd say go for it only because I'm the Arizona Coyotes in my 2nd year and am doing terrible. my team is as follows:

Boedker (89) Hanzal (87) O'Reilly (89)
Domi (77) Richards (87) Doan (85)
Korpikoski (83) Samuelsson (80) Thomas (75)
Lessio (79) Chipchura (81) Crombeen (77)

Ekman-Larsson (89) Stone (83)
Franson (85) Murphy (83)
Barberio (77) McNabb (79)

Rynnas (79)
Visentin (81)​

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I'll put the ratings up when I get back to my PS4, but right now I'm in year 3 of my rebuild with the Leafs. Sold off Bozak for a 2nd Round pick and a bottom 6 prospect. Kessel returned Rychel, 1st Rounder and a 2nd Rounder from the Blue Jackets and I traded Phaneuf back to Calgary from something. Just can't remember what.

Bottomed out the first season (finished 28th, right besides Buffalo and Florida) and won the lottery. Drafted McDavid. Columbus' pick turned out to be 11th and I drafted Crouse, but after 3 years he hasn't developed much.

Went into the second year and sold off some depth for picks and bottomed out once more. Picked 3rd and drafted Sean Day.

Third year same concept but started moving some Marlies into the bottom 6 roles to get NHL experience. Gauthier has been developing nicely (82 overall at 21). At the draft I was picking top 6 I believe, and I made a trade for Dal Colle. Give them JVR for him and their first (JVR is 89 at this point and coming off a 42 goal season so it makes sense on paper).

Currently going into 2017-2018 with my core looking like this:

McDavid, Nylander, Rychel, Rielly, Dal Colle, Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad