BCHL (Surrey Eagles) Player intentionally hits ref from behind (YT Post #1)

KevinBXA

Professional Caveman
Nov 4, 2010
The Roxy
Of course he'll be suspended cause he plays for Surrey. If he played for Vernon that wouldn't even be a penalty. Unbelievable.
(But really, lol)

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
wwe-superstar-jim-ross-12.jpg

BY GAWD THAT REFEREE IS JUST TRYING TO DO HIS JOB! HE'S NOT HERE TO PLAY HOCKEY AND IF YOU ASK ME THIS IS A COWARDLY MOVE FROM A COWARDLY INDIVIDUAL! FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD, THAT REFEREE HAS A FAMILY!

:laugh::handclap:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, the official clearly gets in the way and appears to slow down. The fact that it was an icing play as well makes me believe something fishy was going on there.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Ref slows down directly in front of the players chasing a potential icing. Honestly looks like the ref is just trying to **** with the guy. There has to have been an incident the precipitated this. Looks very fishy as others have said.

He deserved it imo.

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
Clearly a Checking From Behind Major and a Game Misconduct but nothing more. No suspension. :nod:

RJ8812*

ref was in the way without question, but the kid shouldn't have done that

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
First off, what is that ref doing? Clearly getting in his way, and clearly stopping to prevent him from getting to the puck sooner. Also, no need to hit him like that, but it's definitely fishy.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
wwe-superstar-jim-ross-12.jpg

BY GAWD THAT REFEREE IS JUST TRYING TO DO HIS JOB! HE'S NOT HERE TO PLAY HOCKEY AND IF YOU ASK ME THIS IS A COWARDLY MOVE FROM A COWARDLY INDIVIDUAL! FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD, THAT REFEREE HAS A FAMILY!

I haven't watched wrastlin' in years, but I heard JR's voice perfectly reading this, lol. :handclap:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Moved to the Canadian Junior Hockey board for relevancy.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Best ever.How many times did you want to do so
mething like that.

I know eh. Refs have no accountability sometimes, so this is kinda entertaining to watch in a sadistic sort of way.

Ref slows down directly in front of the players chasing a potential icing. Honestly looks like the ref is just trying to **** with the guy. There has to have been an incident the precipitated this. Looks very fishy as others have said.

He deserved it imo.

Without knowing the situation, I can't see a player doing this without instigation. Players do this stuff to other players when their heated because its s physical game and requires a combatant instinct at times. A ref should know not to troll a gladiator on skates.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I agree with the others saying that there is a LOT more to this than is being shown. As even more others have said, you can't do that. For a player, who's probably been playing for many years, to do that to an official (throwing away whatever career he may/may not have had) there is more of a reason than a ref getting in front of him & slowing down preventing him from getting to the puck.

We'll probably never know but it would be interesting to find out the back story...

coach1313

Nov 3, 2014
I agree with the others saying that there is a LOT more to this than is being shown. As even more others have said, you can't do that. For a player, who's probably been playing for many years, to do that to an official (throwing away whatever career he may/may not have had) there is more of a reason than a ref getting in front of him & slowing down preventing him from getting to the puck.

We'll probably never know but it would be interesting to find out the back story...

3-4 seconds left. Game was over... Ref going to pick up the puck?? CHEAP... Will get a full season!

Last edited:

topshelfy

Nov 6, 2014
Fricking SWEET - admit it, we have all wanted to do this....
Better than shooting a puck at the refs IMO
How many high fives do you think this guy got from his buds?

Something to tell the grandkids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad