BCHL (Surrey Eagles) Player intentionally hits ref from behind (YT Post #1)

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
The ref actually moves to the left slightly and is clearly in the way...if the game was a circus and I was annoyed with the guy...I might consider doing the same, although very stupid on both parts, but i don't know the story.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
That was dumb, but what kind of a ref gets in front of a player chasing the puck and slows down? That ref needs to get reprimanded for that stunt. And obviously the player should be banned for life from that league.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
wwe-superstar-jim-ross-12.jpg

BY GAWD THAT REFEREE IS JUST TRYING TO DO HIS JOB! HE'S NOT HERE TO PLAY HOCKEY AND IF YOU ASK ME THIS IS A COWARDLY MOVE FROM A COWARDLY INDIVIDUAL! FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD, THAT REFEREE HAS A FAMILY!

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
The ref actually moves to the left slightly and is clearly in the way...if the game was a circus and I was annoyed with the guy...I might consider doing the same, although very stupid on both parts, but i don't know the story.

Ref is definitely in the way, can't figure wtf he's doing in that spot on the ice.

Regardless, the player is clearly a moron, good way to miss the rest of this year and a boatload of next

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I assume there was a history there. Doesn't excuse anything, but maybe the ref had been going on a huge power trip against that specific player? Because you can see on the play that the ref is really making sure he's in the way and braking intentionally. :help:

Anyways, still pretty dumb from the player's part. A little shove or "accidental" contact would have been enough.

But just from that clip, we can't assume that the ref isn't a dumb*** too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad