TV: BB24 - LETS GO!!!!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Michael probably "I really had an issue with it once it was apparent that he no longer had my back in the game and I could use it to get him out". Meanwhile Kyle gets tarred and feathered for a theory that what happened all the way back to the last season that was played maybe happening again this season. The guy's life is for all intents and purposes ruined because people take stuff like this and run with it and will label him as the worst SOB that ever walked the face of the Earth. Good times we are living in ladies and gentlemen. Anyone but Alyssa, Michael and Brittany winning would be good by me.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Michael probably "I really had an issue with it once it was apparent that he no longer had my back in the game and I could use it to get him out". Meanwhile Kyle gets tarred and feathered for a theory that what happened all the way back to the last season that was played maybe happening again this season. The guy's life is for all intents and purposes ruined because people take stuff like this and run with it and will label him as the worst SOB that ever walked the face of the Earth. Good times we are living in ladies and gentlemen. Anyone but Alyssa, Michael and Brittany winning would be good by me.
The stuff was being talked about online for weeks now, so it’s been out there. But there’s a reason why they only showed Brittany saying anything weeks later.

I wonder what happens if Kyle doesn’t say anything until after Taylor’s HOH and goes to Monte with it. The leftovers wanted Taylor to put to Jasmine, and she said no because she doesn’t want to put up a Black woman.

Ok, fine, that’s what you want to do, but that is not the same as the Cookout. Taylor and Jasmine were not working together. And Jasmine DID put her up. Her rationale for that was explicitly based on identity and she said as much at least 3 times. Now, that doesn’t mean that you say out loud to go with the all-white alliance, you just don’t do that. But if you’re inside the house, that means that that is someone who I am going on the block before, I’m not getting their vote to stay in the house, and I’m not getting their jury vote. We’ve seen the wrong person win the game multiple times because people voted in jury in a way that had little, if any, context to the game.

Kyle is definitely guilty of what he said, but he’s not guilty of parsing the information the way he did. And it was used against him in a way that the show needed to address it. That could’ve been done at any time, such as when he said it.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
That was the biggest load of shit I've ever seen. My favourite character got eliminated for mentioning the possibility of an all dark skinned alliance a season after the cookout and during the same season Taylor said she didn't want Jasmine to go home on her HOF because she is a black female and she told herself going into the game that she wouldn't target black females. He also merely suggested 1 or 2 times that they form an all white skinned alliance, huh, like the reverse of the cookout from last season. That sure is some racist shit.

I think I hated everyone in the episode except Kyle and he's the one who got evicted. Seems like a good kid. Michael and Britney seem to be the greasiest of the bunch, I think using what Kyle said to get the person you want evicted when it involves race smells way more than having the idea Kyle did. Like, all the seasons including this one, the guys hang more with the guys, the girls align more with the girls. No one cares. It's common for that with race as well. They are coming off a season where black folk chose to group together because of race. Kyle suggesting the same idea does not in any way offend me. If it somehow offends you, then that's probably more of a you problem. The way Terrance, Taylor (who was on the block and cared more about getting off than anything, so painting Kyle as the target was in her interest) and Monte acted in scolding Kyle for daring to open his mouth is just sad.

Turner having a final 2 with him and losing him as an ally on his own HOH was just brilliant. After having protected Alyssa throughout the game and then blowing up his game for her to strategize a way to keep them both safe, for her to break up with him because of what he said a couple times while skeeming was also just plain sad. That may have been my least favourite episode of all time. Legit got beef with every house guest right now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Cookout last year wasn’t that solid as people remember, it wasn’t until like they were almost at final 6 and at the finish line. Tiffany and Xavier spent the entire time in it trying to figure out how to flip on each other and just couldn’t do it, Tiffany knew she was never going to beat both Xavier and Kyland in comps. A thousand alliances are made in that house every year, usually only one sticks and that was the one. She talked herself out of keeping Derek X then she had her HOH taken from her because of a twist and then never had numbers.

The whole point with the Taylor thing is that it’s not like the Cookout at all. The Cookout didn’t walk into the house having already decided not to put up other Black people. Then they decided to work with each other (and still only did it like half the time), while Taylor and Jasmine never worked together for 3 minutes, in fact Jasmine put her up because all the other girls wanted her out.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
100% agreed. What Michael and Brittany did this week was vile. The fact they decided to weaponize this and do it behind Kyle's back...what a piece of shit.

Why not go to Kyle and try and get an explanation. Instead the slimy Michael does it all behind closed doors.
Yeah that’s why I agreed with Monte. I want him to win anyways. Would love to shut up all the feedsters who became tribal about Taylor even though she’s clearly not a good player. And then, even though she shouldn’t have been bullied, clearly they were right to target her. Got a hard time not seeing her in final 4.

Reactions: Tuggy

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The Cookout last year wasn’t that solid as people remember, it wasn’t until like they were almost at final 6 and at the finish line. Tiffany and Xavier spent the entire time in it trying to figure out how to flip on each other and just couldn’t do it, Tiffany knew she was never going to beat both Xavier and Kyland in comps. A thousand alliances are made in that house every year, usually only one sticks and that was the one. She talked herself out of keeping Derek X then she had her HOH taken from her because of a twist and then never had numbers.

The whole point with the Taylor thing is that it’s not like the Cookout at all. The Cookout didn’t walk into the house having already decided not to put up other Black people. Then they decided to work with each other (and still only did it like half the time), while Taylor and Jasmine never worked together for 3 minutes, in fact Jasmine put her up because all the other girls wanted her out.
And to be fair, how would Kyle know if they were going for the same thing? Would they just tell him and everyone else that isn't in their alliance? The bottom line is that there is a big double standard and working with or against people because of race above all else is pretty shitty IMO.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And to be fair, how would Kyle know if they were going for the same thing? Would they just tell him and everyone else that isn't in their alliance? The bottom line is that there is a big double standard and working with or against people because of race above all else is pretty shitty IMO.
That’s where you go to your people and ask why she would do that of they weren’t working together. Taylor was out there ready to be a stone cold killer to everyone on the other side of the house. Nobody respected Jasmine’s game enough at any rate.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I shouldn't have to say this, but I'm a black man.

I've watched this show for 20 years. I've watched, literally, every single episode since Season 3. However, this past week--I've been indescribably disgusted with this show.

I hated Kyle in this game. I wanted him gone so, so badly. But, not like this.

Kyle isn't a racist. What he suggested about a Cookout 2.0 was actually reasonable, considering last season and Taylor's comments about her unwillingness to vote out a black woman.

Look, Kyle is an arrogant, petulant, person that I couldn't stand in this game. He made many, many rude comments that I despise. But he's not a racist. And Michael and Brittany, those disgusting opportunists have used his comments to virtual signal, knowing it temporarily helped their game.

The Cookout, through CBS' own virtue signalling, made race an essential part of the game--and now a white man was forced into a struggle session on national and internal TV because he was prompted to consider race in this game. Taylor literally said she refuses to vote out a black woman, and no one is troubled by that. But Kyle is the racist?

That's pathetic.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

That's not an accurate description of the cookout at all. Kyland, not Xavier, is the one who showed some signs of turning against the cookout but never did it. Azah was pretty loyal to the cookout except to Hannah as she did not consider her black, though Azah was also loyal to her face card alliance as long as it didn't conflict. Tiffany openly admitted that the cookout was bad for her game, and it was disastrous since she probably wins without it, but she stayed loyal to it every time she had a chance to stray. Xavier was happy to ride the cookout to the end and his worst case scenario of third place. Derek F thought that he was the mastermind of the cookout but was hostile to all of the women behind their backs, including the women from the cookout, despite having no other options. Hannah was oblivious that she was on the bottom of the alliance and was a late addition but was loyal to the cookout even when it was bad for her own chances.

The alliance was very solid after just a few weeks. It's why there was such a sense of boredom and dread over the whole season online because the writing was on the wall before the game was even half over. It's correct that they didn't all walk into the house planning on the cookout, and in the history of the show there are things like Marcellas and Danielle having an unspoken agreement not to evict each other due to being black all the way back in season 3. Taylor's decision this season was bullshit of course but still different from the cookout, much more like a Marcellas/Danielle situation... at least until Danielle helped murder Marcellas on live television.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's not an accurate description of the cookout at all. Kyland, not Xavier, is the one who showed some signs of turning against the cookout but never did it. Azah was pretty loyal to the cookout except to Hannah as she did not consider her black, though Azah was also loyal to her face card alliance as long as it didn't conflict. Tiffany openly admitted that the cookout was bad for her game, and it was disastrous since she probably wins without it, but she stayed loyal to it every time she had a chance to stray. Xavier was happy to ride the cookout to the end and his worst case scenario of third place. Derek F thought that he was the mastermind of the cookout but was hostile to all of the women behind their backs, including the women from the cookout, despite having no other options. Hannah was oblivious that she was on the bottom of the alliance and was a late addition but was loyal to the cookout even when it was bad for her own chances.

The alliance was very solid after just a few weeks. It's why there was such a sense of boredom and dread over the whole season online because the writing was on the wall before the game was even half over. It's correct that they didn't all walk into the house planning on the cookout, and in the history of the show there are things like Marcellas and Danielle having an unspoken agreement not to evict each other due to being black all the way back in season 3. Taylor's decision this season was bullshit of course but still different from the cookout, much more like a Marcellas/Danielle situation... at least until Danielle helped murder Marcellas on live television.

None of them were ever able to do it because they were all worried that they wouldn't get the jury votes. Azah was a dope, so was Derek F, but he was at least still playing. Azah got the HOH in the double and found out she's been clueless the entire game.

Tiffany never could get the numbers, Xavier and Kyland knew that, she got pulled into where she didn't have a choice and had to chance her or Hannah winning just enough comps to have power. Evicting Derek X was the pivot point, if that wouldn't have happened when it did, we wouldn't be talking about any of it. Xavier always had a design to make sure he got to Tiffany first, he knew she was the only other person who could win like halfway into the game.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
None of them were ever able to do it because they were all worried that they wouldn't get the jury votes. Azah was a dope, so was Derek F, but he was at least still playing. Azah got the HOH in the double and found out she's been clueless the entire game.

Tiffany never could get the numbers, Xavier and Kyland knew that, she got pulled into where she didn't have a choice and had to chance her or Hannah winning just enough comps to have power. Evicting Derek X was the pivot point, if that wouldn't have happened when it did, we wouldn't be talking about any of it. Xavier always had a design to make sure he got to Tiffany first, he knew she was the only other person who could win like halfway into the game.

The cookout played out pretty much exactly how people thought it would play out just a few weeks into the season. No one turned, Tiffany threw away her early season dominance, and it came down to which of Xavier or Kyland won the key competitions. A lot of feed viewers who were fine with the cookout's goal still came to dislike the alliance because of how unshakeable it was. Tiffany did have the numbers to turn on the cookout if she had wanted, as she was in with everyone outside of Sara Beth and Kyland. All it would have required was taking out Kyland, which wouldn't even have hurt Tiffany much since the cookout didn't really like him. Either of the weeks when Christian or Derek X were HOH Tiffany easily could have run things, but she didn't and even laid out her reasons to the feed viewers by admitting that she was lowering her chances for the purpose of furthering the alliance. Xavier had a surprisingly poor read on the house whenever he actually offered some thoughts, but he had a tremendous position.

The cookout worked because Tiffany was naturally the best player in the game and knew everything early on and because plenty of the members disliked each other, giving the alliance easy deniability, but wouldn't turn because they felt that there would be public backlash. In a normal situation it would never have existed or would have imploded quickly. It never came close to happening though and the alliance firmly controlled everything from about the fourth eviction onward. I don't even know what my point is other than that the cookout controlled the season early on and never did seem likely to break even when it was in the best interest of some members.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I shouldn't have to say this, but I'm a black man.

I've watched this show for 20 years. I've watched, literally, every single episode since Season 3. However, this past week--I've been indescribably disgusted with this show.

I hated Kyle in this game. I wanted him gone so, so badly. But, not like this.

Kyle isn't a racist. What he suggested about a Cookout 2.0 was actually reasonable, considering last season and Taylor's comments about her unwillingness to vote out a black woman.

Look, Kyle is an arrogant, petulant, person that I couldn't stand in this game. He made many, many rude comments that I despise. But he's not a racist. And Michael and Brittany, those disgusting opportunists have used his comments to virtual signal, knowing it temporarily helped their game.

The Cookout, through CBS' own virtue signalling, made race an essential part of the game--and now a white man was forced into a struggle session on national and internal TV because he was prompted to consider race in this game. Taylor literally said she refuses to vote out a black woman, and no one is troubled by that. But Kyle is the racist?

That's pathetic.
Great post. This world is going to shit because people want to divide everyone instead of unite everyone. At the end of the day every human being is unique and differences are what makes the world a beautiful place until those differences are used to pit people against each other.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Big Brother live feeder psychoticism is a big problem too and plays into it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Michael is making a sizeable mistake basically betting on himself to win every competition from here on out considering how unlikely it is for Terrance to win anything else going forward.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What happened last week is an embarrassment to the show. These shows are becoming a joke with this type of nonsense.

Nothing Kyle said was racist. There is nothing wrong with what he said. There was a literal black alliance based on their shared association of their race and their experiences from it. They talked all about it. You’d be stupid to be a non-Black person in that house after last season and not be contemplating that could happen. Just as if there were a number of Asian people or Hispanic people, the same has to be suspected. I’d be equally suspicious that white people might band together due to their shared associations. If you are a savvy player, you should be thinking about this stuff. It’s not racist.

If anything with this is racist, it’s more racist to make an alliance with any motivating factor being race. I think it’s completely normal that people of the same race might be in an alliance. Those are people you more easily gravitate to naturally, but when you start talking about it, that’s when it gets pretty sketchy.

That these people went along with this and none of them stood up for him shows that none of them have a spine. Kyle doesn’t either, but at least for him I feel bad. Alyssa comes out of this looking almost as bad as Michael. That she didn’t stand behind Kyle after that and made it a key point of why she broke up with him, even if only temporarily, suggests that she is not a loyal person.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Michael finally got got. Why are you going after Terrance? He had this all his way and got too loose on the front end.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Happy with the outcome. And Michael's parting shot to Turner??? Get over yourself dude! Great competitor, but morally, not so much.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Happy with the outcome. And Michael's parting shot to Turner??? Get over yourself dude! Great competitor, but morally, not so much.
Yeah... acted like the child he his.. And then there was Julie slobbering all over him in the post-interview like he was a genius.

Why didn't she press him on why he waited so long to be offended by and disclose what he deemed a racial idea/statement?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Big Brother live feeder psychoticism is a big problem too and plays into it.
I don't mean to seem like I'm disagreeing with your statement by asking but I'm wondering what you mean by "live feeder psychoticism".

Is this to mean people who watch live feeds closely are over-analyzing or being sensational about what people are doing/saying?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Brittney seemed too emotional about Michael's speech, he was trying to save himself not throw her under the bus. The most deserving player is gone, I'll tune in finale night, but that's it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad