GDT: "Battle on Hamilton": Flyers at Phantoms (AHL) |Sat., Sep. 27, 2014 | 5:00 p.m. ET

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ghost and Laughton should really be on the team to start the season... they're better than some of the vets and they make the team better overall.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Also gotta say, the arena looks fantastic and even the TV broadcast is better quality (graphics, definition, commentating, camera work) than I expected. I had expected absolute ******* quality based on the other broadcasts/commercials/tv that is produced around this area.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm sad I won't be getting the phantoms broadcast being as though I don't live in the area. Now that we know it will be televised hopefully the streams will be readily available and in a decent definition.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
what's with the goal horn in Lehigh?

is it not set up yet so they are using a recording?

or is that it? it's so quiet.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
what's with the goal horn in Lehigh?

is it not set up yet so they are using a recording?

or is that it? it's so quiet.

Hopefully that's just something that's temporary since this is the first game played there. There might be some minor things that are still unfinished.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
The more I see Hagg, I come away kind of underwhelmed. His ceiling and best comparable is Hjalmasson. Same type of players. He can move the puck but he's not going to be a PP QB. He'll be used in a shutdown role. I would be fine with this. Realistically I see Hagg topping out as a 3-4-5 guy. He will fall somewhere between.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The more I see Hagg, I come away kind of underwhelmed. His ceiling and best comparable is Hjalmarsson. Same type of players. He can move the puck but he's not going to be a PP QB. He'll be used in a shutdown role. I would be fine with this. Realistically I see Hagg topping out as a 3-4-5 guy. He will fall somewhere between.

I'd be overjoyed if Hagg turned out to be an all around #3 on multiple Stanley Cup winner... Just sayin'. :)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd be overjoyed if Hagg turned out to be an all around #3 on multiple Stanley Cup winner... Just sayin'. :)

As would I, realistically that's what I thought of Hagg topping out as from the start so it wouldn't disappoint me at all if that's all he turns out to be. It would actually be the complete opposite feeling for me.

I just don't & never really did think of him being a force offensively.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Even if he doesn't become an impact player he will probably still end up being a solid defensemen, even if it's on the 3rd pairing. The other 3 have far more potential and you never know who else we'll draft or pick up.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007

Seriously. If we can pencil a hjalmarson in the line up two anchor a second pairing for the next 10 years i would love to be underwhelmed by all their prospects.

His size and steady demeanor would be awesome with Coburn.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
The more I see Hagg, I come away kind of underwhelmed. His ceiling and best comparable is Hjalmasson. Same type of players. He can move the puck but he's not going to be a PP QB. He'll be used in a shutdown role. I would be fine with this. Realistically I see Hagg topping out as a 3-4-5 guy. He will fall somewhere between.

I get where you're coming from in a way. He's not a flashy or really assertive player. You would usually expect more from a guy of his skillset so maybe that's where the underwhelming feeling comes from. At the same time though, he has done things that have impressed me. He makes crisp clean passes with pressure right in his face. He seems to read plays pretty well too. It's also pretty amazing how effortless he makes it all look. I remember hearing about that when he was drafted. He ALMOST (not saying he is) looks arrogant and cocky, as if he's saying '' I don't need to bust my ass to stop you, Im THAT good''.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I get where you're coming from in a way. He's not a flashy or really assertive player. You would usually expect more from a guy of his skillset so maybe that's where the underwhelming feeling comes from. At the same time though, he has done things that have impressed me. He makes crisp clean passes with pressure right in his face. He seems to read plays pretty well too. It's also pretty amazing how effortless he makes it all look. I remember hearing about that when he was drafted. He ALMOST (not saying he is) looks arrogant and cocky, as if he's saying '' I don't need to bust my ass to stop you, Im THAT good''.

Yes, his play doesn't fall off under pressure which is definitely a skill that is needed to succeed in the NHL.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If he is either Hammer or Oduya I will be happy. You need those steady rocks. We just need the other kids to develop into the top pair guys. Fingers crossed.

Hooah4

Apr 4, 2007
Maungie, PA
Hopefully that's just something that's temporary since this is the first game played there. There might be some minor things that are still unfinished.

Absolutely. This was certainly a dry run for the season. I could tell the goal horn was an mp3file. Sounds just like the one you can get off YouTube. We parked a block away for$6. The only problem was that by the second intermission the concessions were running out of food.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006

You hit the nail on the head. I come away frustrated because there is so much more. Even then if he tops out at what I said in my other post I wouldn't be upset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad