GDT: "Battle" of Alberta: Flames vs Oilers - 8 PM MT

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The only way the Oilers win is if McDavid puts up 3+ points, and knowing how Calgary defends (or lack there of) him, we could be in for a long night. I'm sick of losing to the Edmonton McDavid's.

Their team is trash, their fanbase is the dirt worst and we keep losing because their savior destroys our defense. Just defend him for f*** sake.

Also, Brossoit is trash, score some damn goals.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Brossoit's lateral movement is godawful. I usually don't trust our PP but with the way we set it up, that's probably where we're most likely to score tonight

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Based on the tweets, janko on 1st line pp tonight as brodies partner. Not sure i like it, but hes definitely better at making plays up there than brouwer would be

Terrible decision and another baffling move with Hamonic, Hamilton, Gio and Stone all fine options on the PP. Continually trying to force forwards there when it isn't working makes no sense to me.

I like it when there are 4 forwards that make sense but we don't seem to have that right now.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Elite?

Does he even have one goal from a one timer in his NHL career?

Can't you just use good or even great? Elite is ridiculous.

His one-timer is a tier below only the following NHLers:

Laine
Ovechkin
Stamkos
Malkin
Seguin
Kucherov

So yes, Jankowski's one-timer is elite, although I wouldn't call it franchise-defining like the above group(yet) The accuracy, power, and quick release he gets are simply phenominal. Getting him onto the right circle power play is something I have wanted since day 1. Brodie's tendency to overpass will now pay dividends.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Much better option than Mark "Elite" Jankowski.
Well seeing as Jankowski has more points in less games and the spot he's going to be playing on the power play is the one Versteeg usually plays. I'm going to disagree. A left handed shot should be playing that side and the only other option I can think of is Gio (who hasn't been good offensively this season).

I don't even think that highly of Jankowski I just haven't made up my mind and don't dismiss him at every opportunity.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well seeing as Jankowski has more points in less games and the spot he's going to be playing on the power play is the one Versteeg usually plays. I'm going to disagree. A left handed shot should be playing that side and the only other option I can think of is Gio (who hasn't been good offensively this season).
I don't even think that highly of Jankowski I just haven't made up my mind and don't dismiss him at every opportunity.

When neither guy has totals to write home about or to say you should be on the PP I would look at more than just points to pick that spot.

Hamonic isn't my first choice but forcing forwards into spots they don't seem suited for seems pretty silly to me when we have enough defensemen that can easily fill that role.

Hamonic would be my 5th choice for that spot behind so its not exactly like I am clamouring to get him in there.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
His one-timer is a tier below only the following NHLers:

Laine
Ovechkin
Stamkos
Malkin
Seguin
Kucherov

So yes, Jankowski's one-timer is elite, although I wouldn't call it franchise-defining like the above group(yet) The accuracy, power, and quick release he gets are simply phenominal. Getting him onto the right circle power play is something I have wanted since day 1. Brodie's tendency to overpass will now pay dividends.
I hope you’re joking OKG...

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
87af2eedc905134ae602806f1b9cfcf5.png

:laugh:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Ffs finally. That was like the third clear holding call in 2 minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad