GDT: Battle of Alberta First Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
LOL Tkachuk is seriously a master at his craft. He’s our most valuable forward for this reason. Him going “full turtle” I don’t think was planned but it was genius. What do you think is going to happen next game? He’s already inside the Oilers heads because everyone is going to target him. It’s much like how he owns Doughty and now he doesn’t usually play his game to the fullest because he knows Tkachuk is going to come at him and he wants no part it, that gives Tkachuk all the space to do what he wants.

The Flames do not have a McDavid, Gaudreau is the closest thing and he was neutralized last game. We can’t compete with Connor’s skill but we can let Tkachuk play mind games like he did and if we win that game, we will likely beat the Oilers more times than not.

Brilliant! And the fact that he’s got the media upset over this is only to sensationalize what he did and who he is even more and that is only going to feed into the legend of Tkachuk.

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
250px-The_Adventures_of_Chuck_and_Friends_logo.svg.png

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Obligatory Bennett fanboy posting. If he only winds up being a solid grinder, I'll still love him for games like Saturday. The hit, the fight...I just love that he's a throwback in the sense that he is absolutely fearless.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I'm pretty sure this was Bob Stauffer. On top of his tweets from last night, I heard him on NHL radio this morning and it sounded like he'd just gotten out of bed after staying up late with a box of Kleenex and a pale of chocolate ice cream.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I swear the Edmonton media read HFOil first before writing their columns. It's like word for word most days... Whining and all.
It would be nice to have a media personality up there willing to call a spade a spade instead of regurgitating the mindless drivel HFOil produces.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm pretty sure this was Bob Stauffer. On top of his tweets from last night, I heard him on NHL radio this morning and it sounded like he'd just gotten out of bed after staying up late with a box of Kleenex and a pale of chocolate ice cream.
A number of tweeters who seem to be in the know, are saying that it definitely was Bob Stauffer. I would bet money that the mentioned Calgary scribe that told him to grow up was Eric Francis as it sounds exactly like something that would come out of his mouth.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
A number of tweeters who seem to be in the know, are saying that it definitely was Bob Stauffer. I would bet money that the mentioned Calgary scribe that told him to grow up was Eric Francis as it sounds exactly like something that would come out of his mouth.
First time in modern history that anyone would actually agree with what Francis said.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad