GDT: Battle of Alberta First Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah I was probably overly harsh on them, I didn’t think they were bad, I just didn’t think they impacted the game the way the Backs line did.

Well people are tough on the first line but they are the ones that do most of the scoring. All three are among the league leaders. Some get excited with Bennett, Backlund, Dube and company and I see why but they have done shit on the scoreboard.

PS: and yes, they didnt get all their points on the PP which is pathetic.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
On another note, Lindholm was 12 of 15 on the dot last night. That is insane!

You know how I feel about faceoffs as a stat, but since you care about them,

Lindholm is 148W - 109L this season for 57.6% which is the second-most wins and the second best percentage on the team.

Backlund is 152W 160L which leads the team in wins and is around his usual percentage,

Bennett is 25W - 13L for 65.8% to lead the team in percentage. He probably did nothing but bug Crosby, Duchene and those guys all summer to do faceoffs with him because that's who he is.

Derek Ryan is 70W 65L for 51.9% which so far represents a down year for him.

Jankowski is 56W 54L for 50.9% which is an uptick from last season in percentage
Monahan is 127W 126L which is around his usual numbers.
Czarnik is 11W 10L which is a number.
Dube is 15W 21L for 41.7%. He's definitely struggled in puck battles in general and this should set the stage for his off-season training.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
A "story" about Kristen Anderson's twitter. Micheal Ferland liked my tweet about her asking David Rittich if he is going to stay up all night and watch Connor Mcdavid highlights. I wrote "What an odd question". Seems he is still following the team.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
A "story" about Kristen Anderson's twitter. Micheal Ferland liked my tweet about her asking David Rittich if he is going to stay up all night and watch Connor Mcdavid highlights. I wrote "What an odd question". Seems he is still following the team.

Come home Ferly

Reactions: Janks

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
He is a beauty. Cerebral on so many levels; I don't think many players are as good at considering when it makes sense to engage and not.

I think that's the one thing many people don't appreciate Chuky: he's a really smart player. People assume that just cause he has the reputation as a pest that he's just some dumbass.

I don't see why he wouldn't. You don't stop being friends with people just cause you move to a different team.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I miss Ferly too...Imagine if we still had him on the roster...ugh.
Assuming that we would still have Lindholm...we would be bitching about how ineffective he is because instead of being on the top line he would be on a lower line and the only time he has been effective at scoring goals consistently is when he was on the Guadreau/Monahan line.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Assuming that we would still have Lindholm...we would be *****ing about how ineffective he is because instead of being on the top line he would be on a lower line and the only time he has been effective at scoring goals consistently is when he was on the Guadreau/Monahan line.

I was just speaking to missing Ferland in general. I like his size, and the toughness he brings. Would be nice to have another large bodied forward in our depth.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Kassian is a goon. I'd rather Tkachuk turtle in that situation rather than get his face dismantled. He's healthy and ok, I don't like seeing guys turtle. But it's better for our team to have Tkachuk. The Edmonton media can literally grow the f*** up. Your team of champions lost in epic fashion, get over it losers.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Kassian is a goon. I'd rather Tkachuk turtle in that situation rather than get his face dismantled. He's healthy and ok, I don't like seeing guys turtle. But it's better for our team to have Tkachuk. The Edmonton media can literally grow the **** up. Your team of champions lost in epic fashion, get over it losers.
I still honestly don't understand how that was turtling. Tkachuk had no helmet on and was thrown to the ice, where Kassian then began throwing punches. I'd love to see any Oilers fan be so brave to not throw their hands over their head in that situation. Real tough guys up north eh.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Tkachuk was attacked. No different from Domi attacking Ekblad. Furthermore Tkachuk didn't really do anything to deserve the attack. He missed 10 minutes in the first for concussion protocol and somehow he should stand up to a marginal NHL player who is a goon?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
What did Tkachuk even do that was so bad? He got slewfooted by Draisaitl and he missed the first 10 minutes of the first due to concussion protocol. Then he went to pull McDavid off Backlund, who had him in a headlock.

They were even up 1-0 in the first, so why does Kassian feel the need to fight Tkachuk when they had us chasing the game?

Reactions: StreakingRed

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Man Edmonton has this little brother complex when it comes to Calgary. What a bunch of babies. Maybe next time you play us you'll worry more about winning than McDavid getting exactly what he deserves for going after Backlund. I hope someone knocks him the f*** out next time. Entitled losers like McDavid deserve zero respect when they can't take a hit along the boards and start throwing wussy slaps and headlocks on the opposing player. Too bad Tkachuk didn't mash his face in. McDavid deserves to be on the Oilers, generational talent, but a giant baby. Like everyone else in the NHL, if you start something, you should have to back it up buddy, I don't care if your the most talented player in the world. You deserve as much respect as you give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad