Batherson vs Formenton?

Who has the better career in the NHL?

• Total voters

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
For the higher end skill I will say Drake but Formenton is my dark horse to see his game mature and elevate so very tough choice.

Think they are beauties.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I like drake's progression and work ethic. Guy will do what it takes to be in the show. Reminds me of burrows in that respect.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
batherson has the potential to the a much more impactful player but also might never transition whereas I can't see formenton playing anywhere higher than a middle 6 role but he's most likely to make an nhl roster no matter what due to his speed.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
People also need to account formenton was one of the youngest players drafted last year while batherson was one of the oldest drake has 1.5 developmental years on formenton right now

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Filthy hands and patience.

I think Formenton has the ability to reach a higher level, which I know is not a popular or common view, but Formenton has enough skill and intelligence to really add to aspects of his game, imo. I think his offensive upside is similar to Batherson's (a little lower probably) but he will be able to contribute in other, additional ways.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Batherson has star potential and is a decent bet to be a top 6 forward. Has everything you look for in a forward besides blazing speed, and has an absurdly steep development curve. Basically went from a mediocre Maritime Jr. A player to one of the best CHLers in his age group in 2YRs.

Formenton projects more as a decent middle 6 guy. Doesn't have the same kind of potential frankly. Grabner/Wood are decent comparables in terms of his potential. Safe bet to play though.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The way I see it is Formenton is a guaranteed NHL'er I dont feel the same way about Batherson but that has more to do with their skillsets. Formenton will be a great grinder no matter what, I think he has limited top 6 upside. Batherson if an NHL'er will likely be a goal scorer but I dont know if he is a guaranteed player. So I went with the safe bet which is Formenton.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Drake seems stone like

Formenton im not sure about I see a lot of speed but less creativity and skill than Drake

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Formenton has the higher floor. Drake has the higher ceiling.

I think they'll both end up in the NHL, so I'll take the guy with the higher top end skill.

Reactions: BigRig4

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
People have to remember that if Formenton was born three days later he would have been a 2018 draft pick.

I think Batherson has the higher ceiling in terms of points but Formenton is undoubtedly more of a sure thing.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
People have to remember that if Formenton was born three days later he would have been a 2018 draft pick.

I think Batherson has the higher ceiling in terms of points but Formenton is undoubtedly more of a sure thing.

I'd be curious of where he would go if he was drafted in 2018. PPG player on a meh team and played on the world junior team

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO both will make it to the NHL, but I think Batherson has a slightly better skillset. It wouldn't surprise me at some future date that they play on the same line together either. A Formenton - Brown - Batherson line would be interesting as would a Tkachuk - White - Batherson line. Ottawa needs to add another good young RW forward prospect that's as good or better than Batherson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad