Barzal vs. Pettersson

Barzal vs. Pettersson

• Mat Barzal

• Elias Pettersson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I would take EP but I’m a biased Canucks fan. I could definitely end up being wrong because Barzal is outstanding. His skating and playmaking are top notch. He’s going to be so great for a long time and is especially valuable in today’s NHL.

Reactions: Grantham

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Went with EP. Elite release and playmaking ability. The only thing Barzal has on him is speed.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I would take EP. Love watching him play and i have actually watched a good amount of Canucks games this season only because of him. Reminds me so much of Datsyuk.
Datsyuk was a better playmaker and Pettersson is already a better goalscorer but they are very similar in playing style imo.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Both great young centers. I think EP will end up as the better offensive player as he’s more of a goal scoring threat. And his two way play is already better.
Both will be in the group of great young franchise centers behind McDavid.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Barzal is a very talented player.

Pettersson is one of the very most talented across the entire league.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
We're going to have to see how they develop, but I don't doubt that Pettersson will end up being the superior offensive player. But I think Barzal is just scratching the surface of his defensive potential. Give Trotz a couple of years, and I think Barzal may become a perennial Selke candidate. [Barzal has the defensive skills already, he just needs to learn how to use them.] The other area that I could see favoring Barzal is his durability - he's really hard to hit clean.

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008
Close poll, I feel like Barzals speed gives him more options as a playmaker but Petterssons has better creativity in terms of making a play when it looks like none is there.

I'd give it a tie in playmaking, speed/skating to Barzal, and Shot for Pettersson.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Barzal is the better skater

but imo just because he loves to pass and hog the puck doesn't make him the better playmaker

both are elite

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Tough. I want to say Pettersson based on what I've seen his first season alone, but it's close and Barzal has impressed over a more significant period of time.

I'll pass on voting for now.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Pettersson is already better and his ceiling is as high as anyone in the NHL not named McDavid. Both great players but this one was an easy answer for me.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
always wait for the 2nd season imo, barzal is still roughly as good as he was in his 1st year, hopefully ep follows suit and i might pick him but barzal has a strong season and a half going for him, so him.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Pettersson.

Hes also better at playmaking. Made a Sedin level pass that resulted in a goal against Carolina the other day.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Classic hf. The rookie with half a season under his belt is getting more votes than the 85pt center in his sophomore season.

Reactions: Saint Blue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad