Barzal scores first goal in 17 games.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Tavares also has 7 his last 14. Will be interesting to see who has more points at the endow the year.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Honestly as an NYI fan he already kind of is

There seems two be two camps evolving in NYI fanbase, I for one hope we keep JT and Barzal. It's not one or the other to me, with that being said, Barzal is much more impressive on a nightly basis.

Comparing their rookie seasons is not giving JT a fair shake since Barzal does have much better teammates. I feel Barzal's skating makes him the better player moving forward, now JT is still the man and #1C but should he stay with the team, I wouldn't be surprised for their roles to shift as JT gets older and Barzal enters his physical peak in say 2 or 3 years. Either way, as long as we got that 1-2 punch we'll be in good shape up front.

It is a SPEED game, Barzal was built for this.

Reactions: nystromshairstylist

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
There seems two be two camps evolving in NYI fanbase, I for one hope we keep JT and Barzal. It's not one or the other to me, with that being said, Barzal is much more impressive on a nightly basis.

Comparing their rookie seasons is not giving JT a fair shake since Barzal does have much better teammates. I feel Barzal's skating makes him the better player moving forward, now JT is still the man and #1C but should he stay with the team, I wouldn't be surprised for their roles to shift as JT gets older and Barzal enters his physical peak in say 2 or 3 years. Either way, as long as we got that 1-2 punch we'll be in good shape up front.

It is a SPEED game, Barzal was built for this.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find NYI fans who DON'T want us to keep JT and Barzal

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Barzal won't be better than Tavares.

Eh, difficult to make such a definitive statement at this point. Barzal's rookie season has been vastly superior to Tavares', so at the very least he's off to a better start career-wise.

Tavares made massive leaps in Year 3, so we'll see where Barzal goes from here.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
He may turn into the best playmaking winger in a while
giphy.gif

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Kane? Marner seemed to be a bit like that in junior(I wonder if Babock sort of put the reigns on him)

Jean-Luc Foudy in the GTHL right now comes to mind. I can't find any footage of him on YouTube but if you watch him in person, boy he's an amazing skater. He'll be in the OHL next year.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If he breaks PPG at the end of the season I'd say his rookie season is even better than Matthews last season. Amazing talent coming in to the league.

I think they’ll be close. 40 goals as a a teenage rookie is pretty amazing. Can’t take that away form Matthews

Reactions: 99664987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad