Dreger: Barzal and NYI "not close" on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
The whole problem I see with the idea of Barzal for Laine is if we make that trade, even if it's one for one Laine loses 25% of his value to us because we lack a center who can feed him the puck
What if the Jet's throw in Stastny? He meshes well with Laine.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
So you didn't read what that was based on...Columbus does have the space, especially if a PLD trade occurs
Don’t think it would happen, but for some reason I feel like Barzal on CBJ would be stronger then Isles even if it’s still not at all a run and gun team.

I just like major player movement.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So you didn't read what that was based on...Columbus does have the space, especially if a PLD trade occurs
Technically we have the space for a $10m/year offersheet right now, even with Dubois signed, because of the earlier contract dumping exercise in order to defend ourselves against the possibility of one. ~$4.2m of cap space + ~$5.8m of Dubinsky LTIR = ~$11m of "nice C you got there, shame if something were to happen".

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Technically we have the space for a $10m/year offersheet right now, even with Dubois signed, because of the earlier contract dumping exercise in order to defend ourselves against the possibility of one. ~$4.2m of cap space + ~$5.8m of Dubinsky LTIR = ~$11m of "nice C you got there, shame if something were to happen".

The thing is both Columbus and Isles are ultra solid defensive teams, which both have bottom-end powerplay.
What is also common with both teams: both have seriously considered what a 50 goal sniper could do to their PP & scoring numbers.

I don't think CBJ are considering Barzal, unless it involves some sort of trade with PLD.

Reactions: Fro

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
No one is going to pay $10M for Barzal.
Nobody is giving a $10 million offer sheet to anyone except if McDavid hit the market or something and even that might not be a good idea. In a cap world giving up 4 straight firsts is an insane and terrible idea.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Nobody is giving a $10 million offer sheet to anyone except if McDavid hit the market or something and even that might not be a good idea. In a cap world giving up 4 straight firsts is an insane and terrible idea.
It's not just the draft picks. Even if Barzal was UFA, no one would pay him $10M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad