Bartosak Arrested for Domestic Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Yea I meant goalie prospect, I was in a rush when I typed that. I could've sworn someone around here was raving about him.

Probably me. I've been pumping this guys tires since before the 2012 draft. That was his first year eligible and I had him as a solid 3rd-5th round pick but he went undrafted. Had him as 2nd rounder, top 3-5 goalie available in 2013 after being passed over in 2012. Since getting drafted he's only gotten better, IMO. As a hockey player this guy is a real gamer. Legit starter potential, probably even top 10 goalie potential.

This of course places a black mark that he might never recover from (not that he should if the allegations are true).

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I think Kings/Monarchs/Reign fans were pretty excited about his future with the Kings. I expected Bartosak to be our back-up goalie within the next 2 years. Sad situation for all involved.

Interesting timing. Ray Emery probably had about a week left before his PTO ended. I guess he'll be sticking around. Now we have 2 goalies, Budaj and Emery, playing in our development league, the AHL, and neither one is a Kings prospect being developed.

Who expected us to go from 4 goalies in the Kings system to 1 in a few short months? Jones, Berube, Bartosak....well Alec Dillon, you better fast-track your development now!

Last edited:

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Probably me. I've been pumping this guys tires since before the 2012 draft. That was his first year eligible and I had him as a solid 3rd-5th round pick but he went undrafted. Had him as 2nd rounder, top 3-5 goalie available in 2013 after being passed over in 2012. Since getting drafted he's only gotten better, IMO. As a hockey player this guy is a real gamer. Legit starter potential, probably even top 10 goalie potential.

This of course places a black mark that he might never recover from (not that he should if the allegations are true).

Such a damn shame. I distinctly remember getting excited for the guy based on your analysis. So much for that I guess...

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I think Kings/Monarchs/Reign fans were pretty excited about his future with the Kings. I expected Bartosak to be our back-up goalie within the next 2 years. Sad situation for all involved.

Interesting timing. Ray Emery probably had about a week left before his PTO ended. I guess he'll be sticking around. Now we have 2 goalies, Budaj and Emery, playing in our development league, the AHL, and neither one is a Kings prospect being developed.

Who expected us to go from 4 goalies in the Kings system to 1 in a few short months? Jones, Berube, Bartosak....well Alec Dillon, you better fast-track your development now!

Luckily, I don't think this will impact much, if at all. The backup here has one requirement - be affordable.

Look what Scrivens looked like in the current system. If you put an above average guy like Jones or Enroth in, the results are really good. Plus, the culture in the room rubs off on guys, and they really want to lay it on the line for the team.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Such a damn shame. I distinctly remember getting excited for the guy based on your analysis. So much for that I guess...

Yeah, he was exciting to watch, too. Very athletic, and history of performance that somehow flew under the radar (at least down here, dunno if it was different in Canada). CNS alluded to him having some personal demons (not this) on Twitter. Obviously didn't elaborate but sounds like he's had some personal issues for a while, though no one thought it would come to this, especially with his (interview) personality.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli 1m1 minute ago
#LAKings have suspended goaltending prospect Patrik Bartosak following domestic violence charges reported yesterday.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gosh, Kings are wrecking Bartosak's career, don't even care about helping him, just want to terminate his contract.

Am I doing it right?

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings goaltending depth is awful. Two former NHL'ers in the AHL? No prospects except Alec Dillon? Is that a first in the NHL for a team to have 1 prospect at one position? Wow.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings goaltending depth is awful. Two former NHL'ers in the AHL? No prospects except Alec Dillon? Is that a first in the NHL for a team to have 1 prospect at one position? Wow.

i mean, there's only so many development slots in ANY organization for goaltenders that have graduated from juniors. We lost our backup in Jones, Berube was picked off waivers, and now Bartosak. Dillon is still in the system. That's three 'prospect' (Jones arguable) goalies gone in a matter of months in an unforeseen manner. How many do we want/need to stash, and how realistic would it even be to have an ECHL guy stay in the org long enough to become an AHL goalie right now?

Just means we will make a move via trade or draft to get one in the next year or so, no worries.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Quick will be a UFA in 7 seasons.

If the Kings draft a solid future #1 next year, that gives that player about 5 years to develop and eventually back up Quick and possibly take over as a #1.

An 18 year old will likely go back to Junior for a 2 years, then ECHL/AHL for a 2-3 years and by that time it's 5 years down the road and Quick has only 2 years left on his deal and is in his 30's. That pick could back him up for 1-2 years and then take over.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Re: Berube, I thought if the Isles waived him at this point that the Kings would have first crack at him? Maybe DL could buy Snow a nice seafood dinner.

Do you mean more explicitly? because there's certainly enough leeway to just set fire to contracts for behavior concerns now. Though with the Kings consistent dealing with legal troubles, they may want a more concrete/certain path.

Make a deal for the "player to be named later" like baseball does. Anyone know what Scrivens is up too ?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Don't hold your breath on Dillon. The past year he's been average to brutal.

Chill out. We've been beyond well stocked in net for the past six or seven years and now because of a completely unforeseeable event the Kings have terrible depth? Do you ever stop with the negativity? We'll be fine.

If the Kings draft a solid future #1 next year, that gives that player about 5 years to develop and eventually back up Quick and possibly take over as a #1.

An 18 year old will likely go back to Junior for a 2 years, then ECHL/AHL for a 2-3 years and by that time it's 5 years down the road and Quick has only 2 years left on his deal and is in his 30's. That pick could back him up for 1-2 years and then take over.

from the time Quick was drafted to the time he reached the NHL full time was four years. From the time Bernier was drafted to the time he reached the NHL full time was four years. The fact Quick is around for seven years (and really it could be longer if he resigns beyond that) is more than enough.

What a sad sak

Well done :handclap:

scryan

May 1, 2013
OMG, what will kings goaltending ever do!
We only brought Quick out of nowhere, Jones up in a couple years and when we lost him we got stuck with that Enroth guy...

We are a ****ing goalie factory. Worst comes to worst we will pick up someone random and make them amazing.

Send Bartozak to Russia. I dont care were he is from.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
We are okay this year with Budaj as a depth goalie (seems to really play well in the Kings system with Kings goalie tutoring), after being horrible in the AHL last year. Injury is the issue to worry about. Next year, we could be in trouble, and back-ups will have more leverage with us to negotiate. Wonder if Enroth would be willing to sign an extension knowing he is the back-up? My guess is probably not.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We are okay this year with Budaj as a depth goalie (seems to really play well in the Kings system with Kings goalie tutoring), after being horrible in the AHL last year. Injury is the issue to worry about. Next year, we could be in trouble, and back-ups will have more leverage with us to negotiate. Wonder if Enroth would be willing to sign an extension knowing he is the back-up? My guess is probably not.

I'm not really worried about that as the goalie market is oversaturated. If one of these guys wants too much, move on to the next one. The harder part is finding/drafting a long-term prospect.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Of course nobody will know if the Kings draft a solid #1 next year for half a decade, at least. It's usually not so linear. Quick himself was drafted a year before Bernier, and I doubt anyone really thought some guy with an oddly perfect name for a goalie was going to beat out the 1st round pick.

We couldn't have predicted what would happen to the Kings in the last 13 months or whatever, let alone looking out 2, 5 or 7 years into the future. The best we can do is do today, and then take each day after that as it comes.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm not really worried about that as the goalie market is oversaturated. If one of these guys wants too much, move on to the next one. The harder part is finding/drafting a long-term prospect.

I was really hoping the Kings would have signed Nick McBride out of development camp this year. He was the best goaltender there, even better than Dillon.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
It is what it is...

Some of you are just sooooo SEXIST though. Women are capable of everything that men are. So why are you still putting them on some sort of pedestal? You do understand that there is an entire show call "Deadly Women" on tv, right? Or there are hardcore killer, gangbangers, and or terrorists who are women? Right?

So don't give me this NEVER nonsense. You will do whatever you have to do to protect yourself or your family at the time.

As far as Bart goes, **** him. Just another statistic. Another abuser. Did we learn nothing from the Kane situation, or are you pretty sure he still raped her despite any DNA evidence? A woman capable? NO! Way!

The charges were filed a bit after the incident or he would not have been arrested where he was. Because any officer here will tell you if they saw marks, someone has got to go, regardless.

So what do we have then? A non call to the police and then some text messages. The messages are pretty condemning...if they are true and are from the source.

Up until those are verified, and all other allegations, you need to wait until the FACTS really come out. The MEDIA is not a FACT.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I was really hoping the Kings would have signed Nick McBride out of development camp this year. He was the best goaltender there, even better than Dillon.

I remember that now. You're right, Nick McBride impressed the most. How many contracts are we at now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad