Bartosak Arrested for Domestic Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
It's just so foreign to me. I just could never imagine abusing my wife.

I've only knocked a girl on her ass once, and that was after she slashed me and backed up over my goalie. She got up and laughed at me, which says a lot about my net clearing ability.

I'm with you. But there are many places in this world were the abuse is systematic. And even here they say apporx 70% of cases of domestic abuse go unreported. It's quite sadly a very large problem

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Bartosak terrorized his girlfriend, probably ruined his career with the Kings, let down his team, and shamed his family. All in one day.

My first reaction was like that of many here. "You've got to be kidding me!" I'm thinking it was what Dean Lombardi was saying to himself when he got the news.

Drumstick Handler

Jun 4, 2015
Bartosak terrorized his girlfriend, probably ruined his career with the Kings, let down his team, and shamed his family. All in one day.

My first reaction was like that of many here. "You've got to be kidding me!" I'm thinking it was what Dean Lombardi was saying to himself when he got the news.

Or more like: "Looks like just another at the office!"

This is just ridiculous. All these incidents happening in just over a calendar year and two of them being the same kind of ****.

Why? :baghead:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Patrik Bartosak has been one of my very favourite prospects since he came over to the WHL and then went undrafted at 17. Was so glad Kings picked him up in his 2nd year eligible and all he's done since then is dominant on the ice. Definitely had starting goalie written all over him.

Until now. NA career likely done. Good job idiot. Come on.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
I guess he missed the "Don't hit your wife/girlfriend" seminar. What an ****. Given the King's recent issues, they probably can't keep him, even if he's not guilty.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
God ****ing damnit, isn't he our best D prospect? If I was a player nowadays I wouldn't even date anymore.

Or maybe, you know, just not act like a caveman? That could work too.

The rule means that before a team can trade a player claimed on waivers they have to first offer that player to the other teams that put in a claim for the same waiver terms. i.e. the Player waiver transfer fee in CBA 13.16 that varies from $125 to $90,000 depending on the player's experience and position.

Does the amount spent on claiming a player off waivers count against the salary cap?

I'm with you. But there are many places in this world were the abuse is systematic. And even here they say apporx 70% of cases of domestic abuse go unreported. It's quite sadly a very large problem

Who cares if its systemic elsewhere. This isn't elsewhere. This is here and if you want to live here you abide by the rules of the land you are living in. It's not complicated, you don't lay a finger on anyone because its immoral and its illegal. That goes double for a spouse/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend. If you can't compute that hitting = wrong, GTFO and don't think about coming back, regardless of the situation you can from.

If this proves to be true in the wake of the year long debacle that was Vyacheslav Voynov then Bartosak is the dumbest asshat that has worn a Kings jersey. If he really did do this, **** him.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Does the amount spent on claiming a player off waivers count against the salary cap?

No. It is paid from claiming team to team player was claimed from. But it does not count towards salary cap. Much like the temporary housing/moving payments to players changing teams is not counted against the cap.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Players need to understand something. First it's not ok to abuse anyone (ANYONE), second, this is California, where if the cops show up or are called on ANY domestic abuse/dispute etc, someone is getting arrested, lock stop and barrel.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Players need to understand something. First it's not ok to abuse anyone (ANYONE), second, this is California, where if the cops show up or are called on ANY domestic abuse/dispute etc, someone is getting arrested, lock stop and barrel.

This happened in New Hampshire. But it is the same in many jurisdictions.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
This happened in New Hampshire. But it is the same in many jurisdictions.

Very true, most states, are really cracking down on Domestic abuse/disputes. That includes complaints from the Husband, of the wife abusing.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
GET BARTOSAK THE **** OUT OF HERE!!!!

Cue round 2 of "Kings are wife beaters" jokes.

Great, that just reminded me of this meme.

4106266.jpg

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Whats wrong with these *******? I hope he's innocent, this **** is getting old. Don't hit the missus.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Yea I meant goalie prospect, I was in a rush when I typed that. I could've sworn someone around here was raving about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad