Injury Report: Barrie x-rays come back negative says coach Keefe

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Player really well last game and has obviously been better under Keefe. I still trade him in a heartbeat, am glad his value has rebounded.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Most stats are made to measure something useful. +/- is useless for the very thing it is supposed to do. It includes multiples different sets of ice time (which have different expected stats) while excluding others, for no explained reason, which skews results and makes it far too impacted by role and usage, more than pretty much any other stat.
Which makes the fact that you're suddenly resorting to "but... but... context... usage... role" when you got proven wrong, one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. Not only was your original argument factoring in the worst, most sheltered usage for Barrie, but you yourself used the worst stat for context in the world.

This makes no sense. +/- is not useless, when evaluated correctly. The objective of hockey is simply to outscore your opponent. If you score more than your opponent, that is a good thing, when you score less than your opponent, that is a bad thing. It doesn't exclude sets of icetime for no explained reason.... +/- doesn't account for PP GF and PK GA, which makes sense because objectively, you're expected to score on the PP. It DOES account for PP GA / PK GF, which also makes sense... because he shouldn't get scored against if you are on the PP....

The influence of role and usage impacts +/- the same as the majority other stats out there. Just because you THINK otherwise doesn't make it true....

When you consider context (i.e. soft minutes),Barrie is still the worse +/- on the team by far, meanwhile his usage should make him have a more flattering +/-... When you consider that Barries +/- is far lower than the rest of the team...that isn't a good thing...

I'm not going to discuss the rest, because you seem more interested in discussing me and twisting my words rather than discussing my actual opinions.... Have a good day.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
This makes no sense. +/- is not useless, when evaluated correctly.
It is. It is literally the worst stat we have, and it's useless for making any conclusions, especially the ones you are making.

The fact that this has to still be discussed in 2019 is beyond mind-boggling. You were factually wrong. Accept it and move on.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
It is. It is literally the worst stat we have, and it's useless for making any conclusions, especially the ones you are making.

The fact that this has to still be discussed in 2019 is beyond mind-boggling.

LOL, you can't even explain why you think its useless. and you expect me to take your word for it...? :laugh:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
LOL, you can't even explain why you think its useless. and you expect me to take your word for it...? :laugh:
This shouldn't have to be explained, but I already did explain in my previous post. Just as I have explained everything to you multiple times. You just ignore it. You were factually wrong. Accept it and move on.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
This shouldn't have to be explained, but I already did explain in my previous post. Just as I have explained everything to you multiple times. You just ignore it. You were factually wrong. Accept it and move on.

Okay, you convinced me Bro... :rolleyes: :sarcasm:

Have a good day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad