Barrie Colts 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Great game tonight. I'm a Hounds fan, but enjoyed switching between Colts-Gens and Rangers-Otters. Definitely the two best series of the first round.

There's a lot of parity in the East with a bunch of 4-5 seed calibre teams, but no really strong contenders. That should make it fun and unpredictable going forward.

• Haha
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
A stunning upset in Oshawa tonight. I never would have imagined Barrie winning 2 out of 3 road games.

When you can’t score with a full 2min two man advantage, you don’t deserve to win the game. Huge mistake by the Oshawa coaching staff not having Buckley out to start that power play as he’s been lethal with the man advantage in this series.

Once again a Colts player with a laughable embellishment in a desperate hope of drawing a penalty. This time it was Aitcheson laying motionless on the ice and needing to be assisted off by the trainer.

Speaking of the Barrie trainer, he may find himself in some legal trouble and out of a job after the post game shenanigans that went down.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
A stunning upset in Oshawa tonight. I never would have imagined Barrie winning 2 out of 3 road games.

When you can’t score with a full 2min two man advantage, you don’t deserve to win the game. Huge mistake by the Oshawa coaching staff not having Buckley out to start that power play as he’s been lethal with the man advantage in this series.

Once again a Colts player with a laughable embellishment in a desperate hope of drawing a penalty. This time it was Aitcheson laying motionless on the ice and needing to be assisted off by the trainer.

Speaking of the Barrie trainer, he may find himself in some legal trouble and out of a job after the post game shenanigans that went down.
Generals Update should have the scoop on X

WJ

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023

Lmao go back to the Oshawa board if u think that hit on Aitcheson was clean or that he dove that’s a joke it was a clear hit to the head he should be suspended for games 6 and 7 u can’t blindside people and hit them in the head Aitchesons helmet went flying. Sennecke is a skill guy and probably isn’t used to delivering hits so that’s what happens when u try to lay a big hit he doesn’t know how. If Aitcheson made that hit you’d be wanting him criminally charged lol that was the easiest call of the whole series. And I don’t know about the trainer situation but I’ve heard one of your dummie gens fans threw a beer on a player after the game which doesn’t surprise me in the least after they booed a 17 year old all game for getting his head taken off in a dirty hit. At least colts fans booed Punnett who’s a 20 year old man who took a run at the colts captain when he didn’t have the puck.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
I was at the game in the Shwa, first time at that Barn it is really nice. Makes you really wish Sadlon could get some updates soon.

I honestly thought the Colts would have been just done after giving up the lead and losing in OT Thursday night. I couldn't believe how hard the boys played, they should really be proud of themselves forcing game 6. Hillebrandt was a brick wall and honestly the entire team was putting in solid minutes. Kinda like Handsors speed up front, pretty good for a rookie dman jumping up front against a #1 seeded team.

Congratulations to the colts for forcing game 6. Keep working and keep believing because you're really just a few bounces away from putting these Generals away.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
I was at the game in the Shwa, first time at that Barn it is really nice. Makes you really wish Sadlon could get some updates soon.

I honestly thought the Colts would have been just done after giving up the lead and losing in OT Thursday night. I couldn't believe how hard the boys played, they should really be proud of themselves forcing game 6. Hillebrandt was a brick wall and honestly the entire team was putting in solid minutes. Kinda like Handsors speed up front, pretty good for a rookie dman jumping up front against a #1 seeded team.

Congratulations to the colts for forcing game 6. Keep working and keep believing because you're really just a few bounces away from putting these Generals away.
Hopefully tomorrows game is a good one would be tough to get blown out like game 3 again Hillebrandt has played amazing but is probably getting tired so hopefully the colts can take the game to the gens tomorrow at home and limit oshawas chances and get that pp working to force a game 7. I don’t think sennecke is suspended which is hard to believe but the colts have got screwed over all series so they’ll just have to overcome that if they wanna win

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Colts just don’t have enough up front to do much tonight and now running 5 D looks like they’ll be eliminated tonight

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Hats of to Barrie Colts. They did not roll over. They played a vastly superior team and made them earn it. Hillebrand single handedly stole two games of this series, great showing for him.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Can’t complain about what this team did as a 8 seed gonna be an exciting next 2 years with this group a lot of players on this team will be miles better than this year it’ll be fun to watch

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Well I missed game 6 so can't comment on that game but overall I'd say there is a lot to look forward to in Colts country.

Good luck to the Gens and Punnett in round 2.

Good luck to the Colts management in the upcoming OHL draft. Pick us up some great talent to help this group of 06-07 players compete over the next two seasons.

Good luck to our 06' and older players hoping to get drafted or invited out to camps in the off-season.

Thanks to our outgoing OAs West and Stewart and all the best in the next chapter, wherever that takes you.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
1712760527448.png

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
I believe it’s just for the rest of the year and Jelsma will be back in Barrie for the start of camp next season but good for him to get some pro games under his belt

Dubas and Spezza were at game 6 on Sunday so it makes sense Pittsburgh farm team picking him up

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think ATOs expire at the end of the season. If he doesn't get another contract he's back in the fall.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Its a short term contract usually under 20 games.
It's just gives the baby pens an extra player to carry in the playoffs.
Pretty much an AHL Black Ace.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Hearing rumours that Valentini could still be available at 5 for the colts to select. He played up a year last year and this year played on the Marlboros and was the GTHL player of the year. If the colts were able to snag him at 5 that would be an incredible pick and would help the team immediately

Blake101

Oct 15, 2022
Hearing rumours that Valentini could still be available at 5 for the colts to select. He played up a year last year and this year played on the Marlboros and was the GTHL player of the year. If the colts were able to snag him at 5 that would be an incredible pick and would help the team immediately
Obviously only if the Colts can guarantee he’ll report.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Unless Valentini is still there and the colts know he’s reporting I think there best option tomorrow at 5 will be Alex McLean 149 points in 63 games with 90 assists would be a great playmaker along side Jelsma and potentially Nygard or even on Beaudoin and Pattersons line.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Would have liked McLean over Vaughan but oh well obviously Valentini said Barrie wasn’t good enough either

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Don’t mind Barrie’s pick so far going for big players 6 foot plus has worked out recently for the colts

Chawbadoo07

Nov 2, 2013
Hoping the kids drafted by the Colts all the best. Must say though very disappointed that they didn't take 1 player from the Barrie U16 team. Pretty talented team in their backyard with almost every player taken in the draft and Colts didn't see fit to take 1 of them. Did hear rumours that couple of top end Barrie kids didn't want anything to do with Colts but can't imagine every kid felt that way.

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad