Barrie Colts 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Considering the Gens didn’t pick till the 7th round in the 2020 draft I don’t know their 04 core would be better considering they haven’t traded anything of substance for an 04.
Getting roobroeck Oster D’Amato in trades and Torrance drafted that ain’t bad. Barrie has Jelsma who’s great and York who’s decent but after that there’s nobody after they traded Haight last year. Colts will most likely have to trade for a 04 OA D man next year

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Almost had it oh well don’t have but hope in Ot but who knows. pk did a great job until the last rush with 25 seconds left let the Oshawa guys set up with absolutely zero pressure at all gotta show more effort there when there backs to the play and try to pin the puck to the boards

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Marty playing way too many guys in OT costs them. Most likely get blown out tomorrow

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Weak call by refs with less than a minute to go on a roobreck dive. Then they don't call him in overtime. Just awful. Where was the ref blowing the whistle on the Gens? Just a disgrace. Oshawa is going to get pounded out of the playoffs they can't win without the help of the zebras

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Weak call by refs with less than a minute to go on a roobreck dive. Then they don't call him in overtime. Just awful. Where was the ref blowing the whistle on the Gens? Just a disgrace. Oshawa is going to get pounded out of the playoffs they can't win without the help of the zebras
Barrie’s been getting bent over all series Marty should have been on the refs even more then he was after the Punnett hit sure maybe not a 5 minute but at least a interference call he never touched the puck after the shot. And Roobreck your right gets away with murder out there it’s ridiculous

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Newton surprised me with his toughness in that scrap. Also aitch took down the giant as well. Great game colts let's get them tomorrow

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Series could easily be 3-1 Colts if it were officiated properly.

It could easily be a 4-0 sweep for Oshawa if not for useless ref who wasn’t paying attention in Game 1 and had an obvious icing bounce off him directly to a Barrie player who scored their 3rd goal.

Game 3 was an absolute boat race and it didn’t matter what the refs did because Oshawa dominated that one right from the opening face off.

Generals are clearly the more talented team in all three phases. I’m pretty certain this one will be finished tomorrow night but instead of whining about the refs, Barrie fans should be applauding the valiant effort of their underpowered team winning one game on the road and taking this game to overtime.

Reactions: squireprods

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
It could easily be a 4-0 sweep for Oshawa if not for useless ref who wasn’t paying attention in Game 1 and had an obvious icing bounce off him directly to a Barrie player who scored their 3rd goal.

Game 3 was an absolute boat race and it didn’t matter what the refs did because Oshawa dominated that one right from the opening face off.

Generals are clearly the more talented team in all three phases. I’m pretty certain this one will be finished tomorrow night but instead of whining about the refs, Barrie fans should be applauding the valiant effort of their underpowered team winning one game on the road and taking this game to overtime.
Give your head a shake bud

I didn't say I wasn't proud of the colts.

But you clearly have the home goggles on. You should be ashamed of how the generals have played being the #1 seed.

Reactions: CTrain10

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Give your head a shake bud

I didn't say I wasn't proud of the colts.

But you clearly have the home goggles on. You should be ashamed of how the generals have played being the #1 seed.

Yes, I’m disappointed this series wasn’t a sweep - - I predicted Oshawa would win in 3. I’m the first to acknowledge they not play well in either of the first two games, particularly Game 1.

They had to have Game 3 and they totally dominated. I made the trip up to Barrie for that one and was extremely pleased with their play.

I figured Barrie would bring everything they had tonight because this was their season. So I’m definitely not surprised it was a reasonably close overtime game. But Oshawa handled their business and now they can close it out in Game 5.

Reactions: squireprods

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Yes, I’m disappointed this series wasn’t a sweep - - I predicted Oshawa would win in 3. I’m the first to acknowledge they not play well in either of the first two games, particularly Game 1.

They had to have Game 3 and they totally dominated. I made the trip up to Barrie for that one and was extremely pleased with their play.

I figured Barrie would bring everything they had tonight because this was their season. So I’m definitely not surprised it was a reasonably close overtime game. But Oshawa handled their business and now they can close it out in Game 5.
If Oshawa plays like like they have this series next series they’ll lose in 5 aswell lmao if u don’t think they’ve got more calls this series then Barrie then your just a clueless hockey fan

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
If Oshawa plays like like they have this series next series they’ll lose in 5 aswell lmao if u don’t think they’ve got more calls this series then Barrie then your just a clueless hockey fan
I wish I could see who you are replying to but I assume it's one of the near sited members on this board I have set to 'ignore'. I can only imaging who but to you point I sorta agree and disagree.

I agree if Oshawa doesn't move improve their execution against likely Ottawa. It will not be good for them. Ottawa had our number most of the year and they needed to pick it up.

I will disagree on the calls being one sided. Playoffs beings out the most critical of analysis of fans but from a whole the officiating has been equally horrendous on both sides and arguments can me made for blown calls on either team that impacted the game.

I will however take my hat off to Barrie for really not rolling over as the 8th seed and giving up before it started. Other than game 3, Barrie has keep Oshawa on their heels every night and made them earn it.

I've said it earlier in the week I will say it again.

#Lukewarm needs to turn into #red-hot ahead of round 2 if they want to go far.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
I wish I could see who you are replying to but I assume it's one of the near sited members on this board I have set to 'ignore'. I can only imaging who but to you point I sorta agree and disagree.

I agree if Oshawa doesn't move improve their execution against likely Ottawa. It will not be good for them. Ottawa had our number most of the year and they needed to pick it up.

I will disagree on the calls being one sided. Playoffs beings out the most critical of analysis of fans but from a whole the officiating has been equally horrendous on both sides and arguments can me made for blown calls on either team that impacted the game.

I will however take my hat off to Barrie for really not rolling over as the 8th seed and giving up before it started. Other than game 3, Barrie has keep Oshawa on their heels every night and made them earn it.

I've said it earlier in the week I will say it again.

#Lukewarm needs to turn into #red-hot ahead of round 2 if they want to go far.
Outta the 15 reviews this series the only one that didn’t go oshawas way was the passmore missed high stick. Other than that every close call has went the gens way. Even in Ot last night oshawa should have had at least 2 pentalies that weren’t called. At the end of the day the referring in the ohl is horrible and they try to manage the game instead of just ref what happens and at the end of the day both teams are complaining.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Barrie has had 19 powerplays. Oshawa has had 16. These stats are available on the OHL website. Can’t help it if Barrie has gone 2/19 on those opportunities. If they snap their heads back a few more times tonight or lay on the ice just a little bit longer, they should be able to pull away from the Gennies in PP opportunities.

Reactions: Tobyboy and Nerf27

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Barrie has had 19 powerplays. Oshawa has had 16. These stats are available on the OHL website. Can’t help it if Barrie has gone 2/19 on those opportunities. If they snap their heads back a few more times tonight or lay on the ice just a little bit longer, they should be able to pull away from the Gennies in PP opportunities.
Not talking about just pp % I know Barrie’s pk is the worst in the league. I’m saying the goal in game 2 dramatically changed the series clearly a goal. Last night roobereck dives with 2 mins left and gets a pentaly called then in ot he spin cycles a guy and there’s no call. And don’t act like Lockhart and sennecke don’t dive around the ice aswell. Unfortunately embellishment is part of the game now and the refs buy it most times so why not do it. You’ve clearly never played much hockey before so u won’t understand trying to cheat a little to get head when your up against a team in Oshawa who is much better top to bottom of course your gonna look to gain advantages through the series welcome to hockey bud

Not talking about just pp % I know Barrie’s pk is the worst in the league. I’m saying the goal in game 2 dramatically changed the series clearly a goal. Last night roobereck dives with 2 mins left and gets a pentaly called then in ot he spin cycles a guy and there’s no call. And don’t act like Lockhart and sennecke don’t dive around the ice aswell. Unfortunately embellishment is part of the game now and the refs buy it most times so why not do it. You’ve clearly never played much hockey before so u won’t understand trying to cheat a little to get ahead when your up against a team in Oshawa who is much better top to bottom of course your gonna look to gain advantages through the series welcome to hockey bud

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Also love when roobereck challenges guys 2-3 years younger than him to fight it’s a joke

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

Good to know I’m not the only one to recognize the diving and embellishment Barrie has been doing.

It was embarrassing to see Jelsma rolling around on the ice pretending he was going into convulsions after a good clean hit from Punnett. If everyone knows he’s embellishing to desperately try and draw a penalty, why so much whining when the refs don’t fall for Jelsma’s laughable act?

The refs reviewed the hit to placate the home fans who were convinced their captain was severely injured, but of course there was no penalty being was a good clean hit.

Just like goal that was called back in the 1st period of Game 3 for being offside. I was sitting in Row 12 just inside the blueline and I called it out immediately so I have no idea how it wasn’t called by the linesman when it happened. Once again, the review “went Oshawa’s way” because it was so obviously offside.

Pretty much all of Oshawa’s penalties this series have been discretionary calls - - instigating, roughing, hooking. Meaning the refs gave the benefit of doubt to Bertie on those calls.

In comparison, Barrie has taken several blatant penalties where the refs had no choice but to call the penalty. It’s comical how many times Barrie players have shot the puck over the glass and taken a penalty for their stupidity. How can Barrie Fan blame the refs or blame Oshawa for those calls? They’re just dumb mistakes that are 100% on the player.

Same thing with the Barrie players swinging their sticks carelessly resulting in Oshawa players being cut and bleeding. That’s an automatic 4min penalty. How can Barrie Fan expect the refs to ignore those? I realize the refs decided to ignore one high sticking incident from Barrie but it’s unreasonable to expect every instance to be ignored or overturned.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Good to know I’m not the only one to recognize the diving and embellishment Barrie has been doing.

It was embarrassing to see Jelsma rolling around on the ice pretending he was going into convulsions after a good clean hit from Punnett. If everyone knows he’s embellishing to desperately try and draw a penalty, why so much whining when the refs don’t fall for Jelsma’s laughable act?

The refs reviewed the hit to placate the home fans who were convinced their captain was severely injured, but of course there was no penalty being was a good clean hit.

Just like goal that was called back in the 1st period of Game 3 for being offside. I was sitting in Row 12 just inside the blueline and I called it out immediately so I have no idea how it wasn’t called by the linesman when it happened. Once again, the review “went Oshawa’s way” because it was so obviously offside.

Pretty much all of Oshawa’s penalties this series have been discretionary calls - - instigating, roughing, hooking. Meaning the refs gave the benefit of doubt to Bertie on those calls.

In comparison, Barrie has taken several blatant penalties where the refs had no choice but to call the penalty. It’s comical how many times Barrie players have shot the puck over the glass and taken a penalty for their stupidity. How can Barrie Fan blame the refs or blame Oshawa for those calls? They’re just dumb mistakes that are 100% on the player.

Same thing with the Barrie players swinging their sticks carelessly resulting in Oshawa players being cut and bleeding. That’s an automatic 4min penalty. How can Barrie Fan expect the refs to ignore those? I realize the refs decided to ignore one high sticking incident from Barrie but it’s unreasonable to expect every instance to be ignored or overturned.
To question jelsmas character is just very immature of u to do he got punnetts back to his head and got the wind knocked out of him and wasnt expecting to be hit when he didn’t have the puck. It wasn’t a real dirty hit but it was a sneaky link on a former teammate which I found a little cheap but playoffs is the playoffs and there’s no friends on the ice but to say Jelsma was just diving is ridiculous he’s a heart and soul player and works harder than anyone on that ice between either team every night

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023

I get your an Oshawa fan but Jesus Christ man you act like Oshawa has never done anything wrong ever it’s ridiculous watch the games with your eyes next time not your heart your not on the team lmao

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
I have no idea what the colts are trying to do on their PK. They have both wingers in the same lane leaving both flanks wide open for free 1 timers for the entire pp no wonder the pk is so bad their allowing a shooting gallery

Reactions: Chawbadoo07

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad